12 wk leaning out progress

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
soooo.... ive been working out for 4 years. 4-6x / wk, weights with 1hr total cardio per wk. This past summer I mentally got burnt out and decided soothe myself with cookies and cakes for about 3 months and then to top it off, quit the gym completely for 6 wks. Results? 10 lb weight gain. So fun to lose that... during the holiday season :trout: ps. excuse my ratchet gym face. im sorry i cant spare you from my 5am gym face haha

15276633_1700386700272809_1144058848181485568_n.jpg

I decided to use this oppertunity to finally get serious and shred down. i've always been relatively lean but didn't care to go for those last 5-10 lbs. This time... we are going for it. Im thinking my leaning out may take an additional 8 wks. I'm not excited. i've learned that im never letting myself lose my **** again bc i dont want to be on a diet for +12 weeks ever again!

VTGhoul

VTGhoul

Awards
Subbed, you got this. We all have our bad days, weeks, months, years (in my case lol) it is how we come back from it which defines who we are!

deepseajs

deepseajs

Awards
  • Established
Nice work so far looking good. Looking forward to seeing some results!

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Thanksss guys. The holiday foods keep looking at me

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
New Phototastic Collage.jpg

i know this isnt an updated picture but this is a different angle of the current weight loss. i would have done an updated 14 wk shot but xmas happened haha. So far im dropping weight steadily without compromising much muscle mass. I'm happy that im not having to do anything tricky yet (carb cyclilng or supps). I'm guess that my body is going to need some trickery in the next 5 lbs or so. hopefully not. If that happens, i might need your help as I haven't carb cycled in a while

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
View attachment 143575
i know this isnt an updated picture but this is a different angle of the current weight loss. i would have done an updated 14 wk shot but xmas happened haha. So far im dropping weight steadily without compromising much muscle mass. I'm happy that im not having to do anything tricky yet (carb cyclilng or supps). I'm guess that my body is going to need some trickery in the next 5 lbs or so. hopefully not. If that happens, i might need your help as I haven't carb cycled in a while
Awesome Job!

S

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Keep it up.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Subbed. Great progress so far and looking forward to continued progress!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How in the world did I miss this??

And don't feel bad, GD holidays smacked me right in the pie hole

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards

Last December vs this December . 10 lb difference
I'm too old to diet. Decided to be slightly more responsible this holiday season. It's nice going into the new year needing to lose 5 lbs not 20 like last year haha.

Also I'm one of those people that gains a lot of weight in my face. Dec 2015 face vs dec 2016 face. You can tell in he first picture in this same post too

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking good! And good job being a responsible adult. That's a trick I should work on!

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Looking fantastic

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You're looking Fabulous! I usually reserve that compliment.

Great work.
And. Shut it meg.

S

sw8sonal2013

Awards
Hi dear unicorn how you maintain that..

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Hi dear unicorn how you maintain that..
Watch my macros . Keep my grubby hands away from beloved pastries. It's that same old mantra "90% diet"

I work out 5-6 days/wk with little to no cardio. I should do more cardio but it's torturous

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards

Thanks everyone!! The gym was insane today. January resolutions wooooo!

Did legs today.
4x80 stiff legged deadlifts
4x 135 Romanian deads
4x 85 front squats
4x90 smith back squats

I would normally do some leg pressing ,hip thrusts etc but I was feeling to lazy

On a good note, I'm stoked that my metabolism is going strong and is healthy considering this is currently wk 15 of my shred. I've currently lost 14 lbs total in a tad over 3 months. I'm losing weight while doing 0-1 hr total cardio /wk, no supps, and my average weekly calories are almost 1700 calories.

Hopefully I'll be happy with my state of leaness in about 5 more lbs (1-2 months). The maintenance dream!! I want to go to maintenance so badly.

S

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established

Did legs today.
4x 135 Romanian deads
4x 85 front squats
4x90 smith back squats

I would normally do some leg pressing ,hip thrusts etc but I was feeling to lazy

On a good note, I'm stoked that my metabolism is going strong and is healthy considering this is currently wk 15 of my shred. I've currently lost 14 lbs total in a tad over 3 months. I'm losing weight while doing 0-1 hr total cardio /wk, no supps, and my average weekly calories are almost 1700 calories.

Hopefully I'll be happy with my state of leaness in about 5 more lbs (1-2 months). The maintenance dream!! I want to go to maintenance so badly.
Need to post that picture up on the yoga pant thread.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed.
One more groupie here!

Great job on the weight loss, you are looking toned and strong!

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Did legs today.
4x 135 Romanian deads
4x 85 front squats
4x90 smith back squats

BOOM! Looking great

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yea baby! (Austin Powers voice). Looking good!

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards

So I've been off the bandwagon. I know it's the 18th now but I'm still at the same weight bc I had too many nights out, too many pastries. I'm back on the wagon though. Those last 5 lbs are such a pain

P.s. I've seen so many January women showing up to the gym looking like this . makes me want to put their hair up for them and throw extra plates on their machines.

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Now that I think about it, I might have misnamed this thread. This is more like a 6 month shred haha. So here's current progress vs overall progress from the beginning.

Today was legs.

Deadlifts 135 10 reps x4 sets
Leg press 155 10 x4
Hip thrusts 135 10x4
Stiff legged deadlifts 90x4
Hanging leg lifts 10x4

Cardio: what cardio

C

CJNator

Awards
Subd! Looking at your progress makes me looking forward to leaning out again lol and hopefully maintain it.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look at you gettin skinny! FYI, I gained a pound while I was reading through your thread.

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Thank you guys !
Subd! Looking at your progress makes me looking forward to leaning out again lol and hopefully maintain it.
I've had a history of leaning and bindging for years. This is the longest I've been on a diet for with the most control. The difference this time around is I spent more time /money investing in foods I enjoy and indulge in my cravings more often but moderately. Cravings meaning real donuts, ice cream, stacks of cookies , cake etc vs before I was too strict with it. I'm amazed at how easy it's been and how happy I am during this process. Usually I'm about to quit any day, in a foul mood and dying to eat the world.

Look at you gettin skinny! FYI, I gained a pound while I was reading through your thread.
lol I want your gym motivation!!! Teach me how to push as hard as u do daily! Matrix me your gainz plz and thanks.

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Things have been annoying lately. I have been making slow and steady progress for months and now I've hit the bloody plateau. It's always disheartening to hit those plateaus. Makes me want to just binge my way through every donut shop and fk my lean diet for good .

I've actually gained weight now despite being on the same caloric deficiit, sleeping better, same gym intensity, etc. I added creatine last week. I know that can add 1-2% body weight from water retention. I'm going to just keep my diet extra clean, push through this bleh time and re evaluate in two weeks. If things are still stagnant, it may ne a sign to carb cycle or take a week off and rest. I despise carb cycling .

I'm pretty lean now and I know my body starts to fight to hold onto the last few % of body fat when I get lean enough. If this is the case carb cycling... maybe some cardio. Both sound hideous.

Random 1am frustrated rants ftw.

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
How are your macros set up, timing, frequency, etc...
About 30 f/30 c/40% protein with most of my carbs post workout and early to mid day. I eat about 4-5 meals daily.

This was this morning. I just need to lose my last 5 lbs

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
About 30 f/30 c/40% protein with most of my carbs post workout and early to mid day. I eat about 4-5 meals daily.

This was this morning. I just need to lose my last 5 lbs
Add in some fasted HIIT sessions. At you're caloric intake and weight you have a lot of variable wiggle room. You're not doing much cardio, correct? 20min fasted HIIT would be a game changer, imo. Women have a crazy tolerance for hoarding glucose so anytime yiu can innate glut-4 and EPOC, you're winning

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Add in some fasted HIIT sessions.
I was putting off cardio for as long as possible. I agree with u that it might be time . I managed to lose 15 lbs without any cardio. I was hoping /dreaming that I could hit 10-12% without any cardio or carb cycle.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was putting off cardio for as long as possible. I agree with u that it might be time . I managed to lose 15 lbs without any cardio. I was hoping /dreaming that I could hit 10-12% without any cardio or carb cycle.
My husky ass has been doing cardio 7 days a week for a year to stay mildly lean so count your blessings lol

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
UnicornDrpns huge difference from September. Looks to me like you're doing an awesome job!

7cb3ef82d6b7cdb08f80b54f0a6dbf9c.jpg

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wish moving the weights faster would count as cardio. Cardio is for hamsters.

cardio.jpg

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
I wish moving the weights faster would count as cardio. Cardio is for hamsters.

View attachment 145143
That has been my cardio for my entire 6 years of lifting.

I'm praying to the anti cardio gods that I'm not really plateaued

Thanks SFreed ! It's been a long time and I don't want to repeat a 5-6 month shred again !!! I swear I'm going to maintain this...