Strong but undefined quads...

Bigmac16

Bigmac16

Awards
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1444997220.508366.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1444997237.457984.jpg

I have always had very strong legs, mostly on the leg press, I can easily do 350 kgs for 10 full reps and they have always been pretty big but I have no definition at all and I was wandering what excercises can I do to make them bigger, stronger and more defined. Thank you

white_lie

Awards
  • Established
Squats, particularly front squats.
And lunges - weighted or even a Bulgarian split squat

I wouldn't try and build quads on a leg press personally

Bigmac16

Bigmac16

Awards
I'm told that leg extensions are great for adding definition but the machinery at my gym is a bit shoddy lol, and I haven't tryed lunges before, what is the correct technique?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No specific exercise is going to add definition to the quads. If they are big but lack definition you just need to drop some body fat. Obviously what you are doing has worked for adding size if you are happy with that, you'll just have to spend a little time specifically dropping body fat to increase muscle definition.

Bigmac16

Bigmac16

Awards
That's my problem though my bf % is fairly low around 7% and at the moment I'm trying to bulk up without putting fat around the quads although I think it's impossible to train the specific muscles in such a way that stops fat from being deposited in that particular area

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
That's my problem though my bf % is fairly low around 7% and at the moment I'm trying to bulk up without putting fat around the quads although I think it's impossible to train the specific muscles in such a way that stops fat from being deposited in that particular area
You're correct the body will put fat on the body where it wants to. You have no say in the matter lol. Your quads look like a natural lifters quads.

Bigmac16

Bigmac16

Awards
I'm bulking naturally too anyway I'm too young for AAS, plus I would prefer to push my body to the absolute limits of my genetics before I even consider using stronger supplements, atm my plan is that once I have put on at least 5 kgs I will use acetyl-carnitine and caffiene to help burn excess fat, any other suggestions for useful supplements would be handy lol, and I would still like my legs to get even bigger I just don't want them to look like the meat rolls that you see at a kebab shop, and is it a good ideas to start taking fat burning supplements now or after I have reached my weight goal?

baitslinger

baitslinger

Awards
HIIT Cardio and a good diet will get you the ripped quads.

BigLarry

BigLarry

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Squat, squat, and maybe some more squat. That's the most fundamental leg exercise for size, development, and then some.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're not 7% bf