"Beginning" of my journey

livedadevil

Awards
So, I'm currently 17, weigh 175lbs, 6'2 and about 15%-17% bf. not super impressive, until I realize that 2 months ago I was at 186lbs and about 20% bf. I do about 45 minutes of cardio in the morning and end where I can barely walk after, I drain myself. Then pretty much just healthy eating and such with around a 300 calorie def (maybe more, not sure). I plan on bulking later, but right now my cardio is related to the fact I play soccer, so it's more function than fashion until I'm at where I need to be. Pic is me now, no before unfortunately

Attachments

Nis1

Nis1

Awards
Gotta start somewhere. Focus on your diet. I think you should hit the weights hard and focus on eating right. Lean meats, and as much broccoli and sweet potatoes as you can handle. If you eat clean you'll put on some size and shed the fat. When your doing that don't worry about the scale because your gonna be adding muscle and cutting fat. You'll probably weigh around the same but you'll look more fit.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
I've played soccer for years, so I can tell you 110% that having a little size/muscle while I'm on the field has helped a ton! I don't get bumped off the ball like I did before I started lifting more. Get on a good HIIT (high intensity interval training) routine. This will get your strength up while keeping your cardio high. Also, run after you lift. This will help you continue to burn fat, while allowing yourself to not be fatigued during lifting.
And EAT!!!! You don't need to lose weight, so there is no need for you to be at a calorie deficit.
I have played soccer with a lot of guys that think muscle mass is the enemy on the field, and then they wonder why I run them over!!

polackpl

polackpl

Awards
I've played soccer for years, so I can tell you 110% that having a little size/muscle while I'm on the field has helped a ton! I don't get bumped off the ball like I did before I started lifting more. Get on a good HIIT (high intensity interval training) routine. This will get your strength up while keeping your cardio high. Also, run after you lift. This will help you continue to burn fat, while allowing yourself to not be fatigued during lifting.
And EAT!!!! You don't need to lose weight, so there is no need for you to be at a calorie deficit.
I have played soccer with a lot of guys that think muscle mass is the enemy on the field, and then they wonder why I run them over!!
This ^^
Took me a couple years to realize
Eat and gain muscle
Running 45 minutes till you can barely walk is great
But if you had some muscle backing that up you can go 1 hour and still have energy
Remember to EAT SOMETHING before you run IF you are building muscle
All the best

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So, I'm currently 17, weigh 175lbs, 6'2 and about 15%-17% bf. not super impressive, until I realize that 2 months ago I was at 186lbs and about 20% bf. I do about 45 minutes of cardio in the morning and end where I can barely walk after, I drain myself. Then pretty much just healthy eating and such with around a 300 calorie def (maybe more, not sure). I plan on bulking later, but right now my cardio is related to the fact I play soccer, so it's more function than fashion until I'm at where I need to be. Pic is me now, no before unfortunately
Great job on the fat loss! I agree- keep focusing more on clean eating and lifting heavy! Gain muscle and the fat will take care of itself! Take advantage of the fact you're 17! Live up you're testosterone and metabolism. Go out there and kick some butt! ;) I wish I would've started at 17!!!