"Beginning" of my journey

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  175 lbs.

"Beginning" of my journey

So, I'm currently 17, weigh 175lbs, 6'2 and about 15%-17% bf. not super impressive, until I realize that 2 months ago I was at 186lbs and about 20% bf. I do about 45 minutes of cardio in the morning and end where I can barely walk after, I drain myself. Then pretty much just healthy eating and such with around a 300 calorie def (maybe more, not sure). I plan on bulking later, but right now my cardio is related to the fact I play soccer, so it's more function than fashion until I'm at where I need to be. Pic is me now, no before unfortunately
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Gotta start somewhere. Focus on your diet. I think you should hit the weights hard and focus on eating right. Lean meats, and as much broccoli and sweet potatoes as you can handle. If you eat clean you'll put on some size and shed the fat. When your doing that don't worry about the scale because your gonna be adding muscle and cutting fat. You'll probably weigh around the same but you'll look more fit.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

I've played soccer for years, so I can tell you 110% that having a little size/muscle while I'm on the field has helped a ton! I don't get bumped off the ball like I did before I started lifting more. Get on a good HIIT (high intensity interval training) routine. This will get your strength up while keeping your cardio high. Also, run after you lift. This will help you continue to burn fat, while allowing yourself to not be fatigued during lifting.
    And EAT!!!! You don't need to lose weight, so there is no need for you to be at a calorie deficit.
    I have played soccer with a lot of guys that think muscle mass is the enemy on the field, and then they wonder why I run them over!!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  234 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    I've played soccer for years, so I can tell you 110% that having a little size/muscle while I'm on the field has helped a ton! I don't get bumped off the ball like I did before I started lifting more. Get on a good HIIT (high intensity interval training) routine. This will get your strength up while keeping your cardio high. Also, run after you lift. This will help you continue to burn fat, while allowing yourself to not be fatigued during lifting.
    And EAT!!!! You don't need to lose weight, so there is no need for you to be at a calorie deficit.
    I have played soccer with a lot of guys that think muscle mass is the enemy on the field, and then they wonder why I run them over!!
    This ^^
    Took me a couple years to realize
    Eat and gain muscle
    Running 45 minutes till you can barely walk is great
    But if you had some muscle backing that up you can go 1 hour and still have energy
    Remember to EAT SOMETHING before you run IF you are building muscle
    All the best
    Changing the World
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  135 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by livedadevil View Post
    So, I'm currently 17, weigh 175lbs, 6'2 and about 15%-17% bf. not super impressive, until I realize that 2 months ago I was at 186lbs and about 20% bf. I do about 45 minutes of cardio in the morning and end where I can barely walk after, I drain myself. Then pretty much just healthy eating and such with around a 300 calorie def (maybe more, not sure). I plan on bulking later, but right now my cardio is related to the fact I play soccer, so it's more function than fashion until I'm at where I need to be. Pic is me now, no before unfortunately
    Great job on the fat loss! I agree- keep focusing more on clean eating and lifting heavy! Gain muscle and the fat will take care of itself! Take advantage of the fact you're 17! Live up you're testosterone and metabolism. Go out there and kick some butt! I wish I would've started at 17!!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The start of my journey (advice)
    By trustno1 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 03:45 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-29-2006, 06:58 AM
  3. Begining of my bulk/mass gain diet - critique please
    By captain chet in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 07:55 AM
  4. The begining of my BB experience
    By tommy36p in forum Pics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2004, 05:18 PM
  5. clen/t3 at begining of my cycle or at the end?
    By acecombact1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-07-2004, 11:56 PM