Best method for cutting the last fat/tighten skin

Nis1

Nis1

Awards
Hey guys, I've posted in this section a couple times so you may have seen my stuff before. Since January I've lost almost 40 lbs and have managed to put on some muscle. I'm 6'2" and about 230 on any given morning. I'm half way through an 8 week run of ABE, Alphamine, and EP. I'm looking to get to about 220 but don't want to lose any muscle. My diet is is pretty right on. I haven't been counting my calories but I eat 4 meals a day usually consisting of tons of chicken breast, veges, and some rice. My issue is that I can't seems to get under 230. Now I know numbers don't mean squat but I want to decrease body fat and I can't seem to keep away from relating it to weight. So what's my best way to get through a plateau in fat loss. Since 07 I've lost over 150 lbs so I know what I'm doing to an extent but Im thinking I need to switch things up to cut the fat. My next question related to that would be what kinda of things can I do to get my belly skin slightly tighter? Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!!! I'm attaching a pic that is what I was in January vs now.

Attachments

R

RiseNShine

Awards
Congrats on your awesome success so far!

Plateaus are a part of the body adjusting to what you have been doing. Best way to get around it, which you were hinting at, is to switch things up. I recommend doing a "refeed" which will include eating more carbs then you normally do. This will switch up your metabolism, the carbs will be absorbed by your body and will make your muscles fuller. A week or two of eating carbs should do the trick, stay within your current calorie intake. You still might lose some weight while doing This Make sure they are healthy carbs: potatoes, oats, brown rice, ect.

To "tighten" up your body I would recommend some High Intense Interval training (HIIT) Cardio. 20 min max per workout 3-4 times per week. There are many different things you can do. For example, after warming up, perform 10 second sprints with 15-30 second rest periods. Continue the sprints for 20 min of working + rest time. This will get your heart rate up and keep you burning calories long after you finish the workout. Additionally you will be using your whole body so your muscles will be tense and inevitably tighten.

Keep up the good work!

hgjespersen

hgjespersen

Awards
+1 fasted HIIT in the morning really do wonders for me :)