310 pounds to 169 pounds

Page 6 of 11 First ... 45678 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by SarahLou View Post
    Thank-you! Ya, you would know then, it sure as hell a piece of work getting to where your at today. Wasn't easy thats for sure... yea, I definitely need to shock this body, and thanks, i love hearing I don't look like weigh that. Haha but yea, Im all over muscle building, just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I shouldn't build some pipes. Thanks again!
    Can't go wrong with a chick with guns. LOL
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream


  2. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Not really. It is a common belief amoung many that doing more cardio somehow leads to more weight loss which is simply not true. Calorie expenditure really doesn't have much of an impact on body composition despite how logical it may sound or come across.
    Mr. JJ how much cardio do you do in a given week.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

    Ok. That needs to change. Now. You cannot consume that small amount of calories and expect to not end up in a bad place. You're essentially starving yourself with this low of caloric intake and high activity.
    I hacent read to the end yet. And hopefully it gets resolved in the next two pages but YES! please change that and hopefully u have! I lost a ton of weight. The first year was FANTASTIC- but then I wanted more and more . So I ate less and less and worked out harder and harder- I ended up at 94 pounds in intensive care hours away from death- the internal damage was unspeakable- kidneys and liver shutting down, body temp of 88 degrees, no measurable BLood pressure, pulse in the 20's, lost sexual function and reproductive functions for that time. I Shrank an inch, and now have low testosterone and a sluggish thyroid.

    Name:  image-329795736.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  98.6 KB

    The wrong way-2006 - ~105 pounds



    Name:  image-2902714500.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  101.4 KB

    The right way- 2 weeks ago- 170 pounds

    The point is- that low of calories will develop a sickness, mentally and physically. I would hate to see ANYONE develop it, especially under the support of a place like this- the place that helped me break free of harmful thought processes and habits.

    Congratulations on your accomplishments to this point, please finish them off with a bang, the right way! We're all behind u!

    Edit: looks like they have all steered u in the right path. Hope it's working out. HIIT is great and u only need it 3-4 days a week!!

  4. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    I hacent read to the end yet. And hopefully it gets resolved in the next two pages but YES! please change that and hopefully u have! I lost a ton of weight. The first year was FANTASTIC- but then I wanted more and more . So I ate less and less and worked out harder and harder- I ended up at 94 pounds in intensive care hours away from death- the internal damage was unspeakable- kidneys and liver shutting down, body temp of 88 degrees, no measurable BLood pressure, pulse in the 20's, lost sexual function and reproductive functions for that time. I Shrank an inch, and now have low testosterone and a sluggish thyroid.

    Name:  image-329795736.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  98.6 KB

    The wrong way-2006 - ~105 pounds



    Name:  image-2902714500.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  101.4 KB

    The right way- 2 weeks ago- 170 pounds

    The point is- that low of calories will develop a sickness, mentally and physically. I would hate to see ANYONE develop it, especially under the support of a place like this- the place that helped me break free of harmful thought processes and habits.

    Congratulations on your accomplishments to this point, please finish them off with a bang, the right way! We're all behind u!

    Edit: looks like they have all steered u in the right path. Hope it's working out. HIIT is great and u only need it 3-4 days a week!!

    Wow.. thats picture proof, and insane. Yes, everyone here has been great... I wanted to do the whole "cardio before breakfast" but caved.. protein pancakes.. can't pass that off. Well I'll admit, you look much better now... obviously! What made you want to lose a large about of weight in 2006?

  5. I think this article is extremely important to muscle building and fat loss and should be taken seriously when trying to do such.

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/conte...-insulin-2860/

    I have been preaching this for the past 6-12 months trying to help people out of that 1970's approach to fat loss which is to not eat enough calories and to rob the body of it's carbohydrates. This article covers it all, fruits, carbs, insulin response, muscle growth and fat gain/loss.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    I hacent read to the end yet. And hopefully it gets resolved in the next two pages but YES! please change that and hopefully u have! I lost a ton of weight. The first year was FANTASTIC- but then I wanted more and more . So I ate less and less and worked out harder and harder- I ended up at 94 pounds in intensive care hours away from death- the internal damage was unspeakable- kidneys and liver shutting down, body temp of 88 degrees, no measurable BLood pressure, pulse in the 20's, lost sexual function and reproductive functions for that time. I Shrank an inch, and now have low testosterone and a sluggish thyroid.

    Name:  image-329795736.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  98.6 KB

    The wrong way-2006 - ~105 pounds



    Name:  image-2902714500.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  101.4 KB

    The right way- 2 weeks ago- 170 pounds

    The point is- that low of calories will develop a sickness, mentally and physically. I would hate to see ANYONE develop it, especially under the support of a place like this- the place that helped me break free of harmful thought processes and habits.

    Congratulations on your accomplishments to this point, please finish them off with a bang, the right way! We're all behind u!

    Edit: looks like they have all steered u in the right path. Hope it's working out. HIIT is great and u only need it 3-4 days a week!!
    Those pics. are shocking, reminds me of Jordan Rubin GOL founder pics in the book Patient Heal Thyself. Kudos to you for posting those to pehaps help others, many wouldn't...

  7. Quote Originally Posted by SarahLou View Post

    Wow.. thats picture proof, and insane. Yes, everyone here has been great... I wanted to do the whole "cardio before breakfast" but caved.. protein pancakes.. can't pass that off. Well I'll admit, you look much better now... obviously! What made you want to lose a large about of weight in 2006?
    Thanks lol yes obviously. I just was always teased and fat as a kid. Started working out and educating myself, then took I too far and became obsessed.

    Quote Originally Posted by De Courcy View Post

    Those pics. are shocking, reminds me of Jordan Rubin GOL founder pics in the book Patient Heal Thyself. Kudos to you for posting those to pehaps help others, many wouldn't...
    Im not familiar with him or the book! But yes, I'm not ashamed or embarrassed. I want to use my second chance as an opportunity to help others see that it's Neve too late and is always possible to get healthy again.I actually recently completed a memoir of the whole ordeal spanning 2.5 years and current thoughts/ideals after having been recovered since 2007-8. I started writing it in 2007 and finished it in December 2012 as my thesis for my degree in journalism. I'd love to get it published to help spread awareness and education, and hope for recovery.
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Tried to read the entire thread and got a miserable headache around the end of page 2, start of page 3, so I apologize for whatever I may have missed.

    Just wanted to say congratulations on your transformation. It's truly awesome and inspiring. Best of luck in all that you continue to do and I hope you can be an inspiration for others to follow down the same path of success.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Tried to read the entire thread and got a miserable headache around the end of page 2, start of page 3, so I apologize for whatever I may have missed.Just wanted to say congratulations on your transformation. It's truly awesome and inspiring. Best of luck in all that you continue to do and I hope you can be an inspiration for others to follow down the same path of success.
    Thank-you so much! Yea, I use to get woman asking me what my secret was, in actuality, clearly there was so secret. Dedication. Living proof the impossible, is more than possible.

  10. Good job everyone! Keep up the good work! Seeing it as a challenge makes it easier to achieve your goals!
    iForce Sponsored Athlete/B.S. in Nutrition with a Minor in Health and Wellness and Kinesiology
    www.facebook.com/iforcenutrition ; www.facebook.com/#!/cindy.sampsoniforcepro

  11. what did you do with all your old huge clothes?

  12. When I lost all my weight, I got rid of them immediately and donated them to Goodwill. I never wanted to go back to that size again.
    iForce Sponsored Athlete/B.S. in Nutrition with a Minor in Health and Wellness and Kinesiology
    www.facebook.com/iforcenutrition ; www.facebook.com/#!/cindy.sampsoniforcepro

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Able825 View Post
    what did you do with all your old huge clothes?
    Hahah, that is a good question.. all my old clothes, were ordered online, because where i'm from? Extended size clothing that is made for someone my age is non-existent. The brands I had, were apple bottoms, baby phat etc. I gave some away to woman that were bigger than the sizes I had given them, for their inspiration. So one day? They would fit in them. One thing I always did was buy clothes I'd wish I would fit in. It felt great once I did. The other clothes? I still have my ginormous sweaters, they make great Pj's. As for pants? Gave em away... I wish I kept a pair to compare how far I came.

  14. That was an awesome idea to get others inspired. I have 1 old photo of me. My husband didn't believe iy was me. I have it tucked away somewhere. Ive been healthy since 2002. It's a lifestyle change now.
    iForce Sponsored Athlete/B.S. in Nutrition with a Minor in Health and Wellness and Kinesiology
    www.facebook.com/iforcenutrition ; www.facebook.com/#!/cindy.sampsoniforcepro

  15. Quote Originally Posted by bikinidiva View Post
    That was an awesome idea to get others inspired. I have 1 old photo of me. My husband didn't believe iy was me. I have it tucked away somewhere. Ive been healthy since 2002. It's a lifestyle change now.

    I think you need to show me. Haha, and how long were you "bigger" for?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by SarahLou View Post
    One thing I always did was buy clothes I'd wish I would fit in. It felt great once I did.
    I like that. It shows that dreams are a good thing. Without dreams of where you want to go how will you ever get there...

  17. If I can find it, I will for sure. About a year or so. I hit rock bottom fast.
    iForce Sponsored Athlete/B.S. in Nutrition with a Minor in Health and Wellness and Kinesiology
    www.facebook.com/iforcenutrition ; www.facebook.com/#!/cindy.sampsoniforcepro

  18. great thread.......very inspirational to everyone. congratulations on the dramatic improvements. now, i'd like to ask a few questions that i hope do not come across as offensive. first off, i have never had a problem with my weight so i am asking this purely out of ignorance on my own part.how does someone let themselves get to 310lbs? is it an addiction to food that extremely hard to break? depression? denial?i know there is a lot of very large people in our country and i always wonder to myself, why don't they just stop eating so much?......but it must not be that simple for everyone.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Able825 View Post
    great thread.......very inspirational to everyone. congratulations on the dramatic improvements. now, i'd like to ask a few questions that i hope do not come across as offensive. first off, i have never had a problem with my weight so i am asking this purely out of ignorance on my own part.how does someone let themselves get to 310lbs? is it an addiction to food that extremely hard to break? depression? denial?i know there is a lot of very large people in our country and i always wonder to myself, why don't they just stop eating so much?......but it must not be that simple for everyone.
    Humans are creatures of habit. Typically, people don't ever find contentment in anything tangible, too. For instance, people who love food continue to love eating. People who go to the gym quickly get into a habitual and addictive routine in there too. I know I have. Fotunately, I have directed my habits toward things that have more positive than negative outcomes. The only difference between me and someone who is 40% BF and 350lbs is that my habits have a positive impact, theirs have a negative impact. Yet, if you were to ask either of us to put on the brakes and go the other way, it would be very difficult. The only thing that is easy to do is to continue down the habitual path we have already been walking on.

    This is usually why it takes a strong outside force, whether it be relationships or some humiliating event, to cause us to hit the brakes and go the other direction. Human nature man. I applaud those who have found contentment in being "average" at everything. I have the unstoppable desire to pack on muscle, granted, I have my lines drawn in the sand. Yet if you asked me to quit working out and start being "normal" like everyone else...it would be really difficult for me to do.

    This is also why it is key for parents to be good, wholesome parents who are careful not to overlook any aspect of their child's life, because in many cases the crap that people deal with is crap that was established when they were being raised.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Able825 View Post
    great thread.......very inspirational to everyone. congratulations on the dramatic improvements. now, i'd like to ask a few questions that i hope do not come across as offensive. first off, i have never had a problem with my weight so i am asking this purely out of ignorance on my own part.how does someone let themselves get to 310lbs? is it an addiction to food that extremely hard to break? depression? denial?i know there is a lot of very large people in our country and i always wonder to myself, why don't they just stop eating so much?......but it must not be that simple for everyone.
    Soo here comes my life story. I was obese my whole life, from the age three to 22. I loved food, I was a rebel to my parents, I was spoiled rotten, never worked a day in my life and in a depressive state- the depressive state was from being overweight, there is absolutely no reason I should of been depressed, I was selfish. My ex Fiance was cheating on me, with out me letting on I knew.. I engorged in food. I made a change by helping my parents move across country.. when my parents went back to the old house, I told them to ship everything over, I was done and never going back. They had remained at the other house, while I stayed in a new town, a nine bedroom house with my dog for nine months. I threw house parties to make friends, where I met a gym owner. The following day I got a gym membership. Well I didn't actually use that membership till six months later. The first month, i lost thirty pounds, from just cutting out bread. The rest is history. Within approx nine months, I was down 120 pounds. This is disgusting, but from being overweight my whole life, My skin had no memory mass of me being thin. I would literally duct take my stomach up to prevent it from slapping my legs. At that point? I needed skin removal surgery. I fought the health care system on getting it partially covered, and when the media got involved? The health care system covered 16% of a $64,000 surgery. I went under the knife for nine hours, to get reconstruction of my chest and stomach. Complications of my stomach muscles came into play. They grew out with my stomach. It wasn't necessarily the skin sagging? But the muscle inside it. They physically had to take my stomach muscle out trim it. So after surgery, I was to be bed ridden for four months.. but for being so healthy prior? I was back at the gym within two weeks. Opposed to never working a day in my life, now? I work two jobs, and stick strictly to the gym, and I've NEVER been so happy!! Im forty pounds down sense surgery, and have my next appointment next friday for more skin removal.. its been one hell of a year!

  21. thank you both for sharing your views.
    and congrats again sarahlou for getting your life and health back.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Able825 View Post
    thank you both for sharing your views.
    and congrats again sarahlou for getting your life and health back.
    Haha thank-you.. again!

  23. i guess i can understand how someone could get caught in this viscous cycle:
    fat --> depression --> overeating --> fatter --> more depressed --> more overeating --> repeat

  24. That is an incredibly sad, but redeeming story. My heart breaks for you over that, it really does.

    With that, I have to say that I would never had known you had skin issues by looking at those photos, especially the one where you are in pink and showing some skin. I realize you were able to pose however you wanted in order to get the right angle...but still! I didn't notice flabby tissue, although I wondered if being that heavy and now this light had an effect on your skin.

    Good job! And I hope your ex has learned a regrettable lesson in regards to how he treated you.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Able825 View Post
    i guess i can understand how someone could get caught in this viscous cycle:fat --> depression --> overeating --> fatter --> more depressed --> more overeating --> repeat
    Yes, but what overweight people do not understand, it can all be changed just by train of thought. You don't have to be miserable.. you can be happy.. its all a choice. I can choose to quit right now, and go back. I can choose throw everything away. But my choice? I choose to lead a healthy and active life, and to never up.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 04:29 PM
  2. My Quest to 1000 Pounds
    By Ryno703 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 12-24-2008, 11:57 PM
  3. New Member, wanting to loose 5 pounds
    By Wendy21 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 01:11 PM
  4. Trying to loose 20 pounds of flubber
    By nidan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-23-2005, 07:41 PM
  5. I have started to cut, 5 pounds down and more to go....
    By windwords7 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 06:32 PM
Log in
Log in