First Contest Prep, Novice Middleweight at Ronnie Coleman Classic March 31st

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
I have a large group of friends telling me to go for it so here I am, taking the plunge into my first competition. March 31st I'll be doing the Ronnie Coleman Classic, Novice Middleweight Division (assuming I quit growing and actually make weight!)
Now to clarify, I am actually doing this prep myself. I can't afford to hire anyone right now so it is solely my knowledge of dieting, training, cardio. However don't let you think I am not open to help! Just don't expect me to have the money to pay for it, so if you are feeling generous please do share :D

We'll use this as my beginning pic
11/11/11 BW225lbs Waist 35.5" (I almost always have abbs/intercostals and lower abb veins, my fat goes to my back)

12/30/11 BW 206lbs Waist 33" (my previous diet I was force feeding 3500cals a day, 300ish g carb on rest and 400ish g carb on lifting days. Its quite easy to drop 20lbs when you drop your carbs to half that lol)

Full pump in this pic, just finished training delts/arms/calves

1/13/2012 BW 198lbs waist 31.75"

Zero pump however the ac was off in the house so it was a hot 90F and I had just ate some food so the veins were swelling.

1/18/2012 198.2lbs Waist 31.5" this morning (yeah, weight went up and waist went down, I'm getting tremendously stronger right now as I am leaning up) Temp is about 60F in the house so all the veins get sucked up and go on vacation lol. Zero pump, today is rest day which means it is my day that I am as lazy as humanly possible and pretty much play video games all day

No those are not posing trunks, they are just some breifs underwear that are ungoldy tooo tight on me now since I have packed on some mass.

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
1/19/2012 198lbs 31.5" waist
Post Chest/Back training, thanks for the pics Louzee :)

And here is a fresh out of bed waist pic taken about 15 mins after waking up

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for more updates bro. Looking huge and getting lean!! Nice job!

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
Louzee was in camera hound mood yesterday so she took these while I was lifting.

Pullups Set 1 +25lbs SHOULDER WIDTH
[video=youtube_share;MJv6nxZXNjg]http://youtu.be/MJv6nxZXNjg[/video]
Pullups Set 2 BW WIDE
[video=youtube_share;Q2GwcU9SaiA]http://youtu.be/Q2GwcU9SaiA[/video]
Pullups Set 3 BW NARROW
[video=youtube_share;DOoAhSOz4bs]http://youtu.be/DOoAhSOz4bs[/video]
Yeah I have to work on my ugly mug and try and keep composure..
Also I F***d that mostmuscular pose bad, drop the shoulders don't turtle the head!

1 Handed TBar rows warmup
[video=youtube_share;4k6sJTrkIV8]http://youtu.be/4k6sJTrkIV8[/video]
She didn't like the lighting drowning me out so she quit after this
I really like those meadows rows :)

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lookin sick bro. Im in to follow along.

malleus25

malleus25

Awards
The only thing I would say you need really to shell out for is posing class. Its better if you can find someone who does group classes then its alot cheeper. Posing right can mean the difference between really showing your positives or highlighting your negatives if not done right. Those lights are harsh man, I have alot of friends who compete in bodybuilding who all agree posing is important.

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
I have a really good friend who took 3rd at Nationals (first would made him ifbb) that will be helping me with my posing.

malleus25

malleus25

Awards
Sweet then you got it going now rock that Sh*t

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
I haven't gone heavy in a while so I wanted to push it today.

[video=youtube;CPdgm5cGgZw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPdgm5cGgZw[/video]

I typically train a bit like a powerlifter, I am usually no heavier than a 3-5 rep max for my first set though, today I was wanting to move something even heavier though :)

I am squatting to a 12" tall milk crate, as you can see my socks go up higher than it, so yeah that is about 6" below parallel for me. The green band takes off 90lbs in the bottom position so that is 365 at the crate.

My lovely Louzee threw this video together for me, isn't she the greatest!

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
I agree posing will make or break me.

I was looking back at some older pics where I nailed the poses just right and wow did it make a difference.

8/14/2010
Bw 180lbs

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lookin good bro. You dont have to answer this if you dont want to but are you doing this natty or are you enhanced at all? Regardless your makin nice progress and vascular as ****.

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
BTW this is my first video to edit, no its not as good as my girls BMCLouzee!

This is just the first exercise.
18" Rack Deadlifts
535x5, 445x7, 345x15 (last 4 were all heart, my lats were TOAST at 11)
WIDE grip pullups BW x 12, BW x 9, BW x 5
Dead Stop 1 arm DB Rows 100x10, 100x10, 100x10 (touchNgo this last set)
Pullovers (didn't notice this is a weak exercise for me, time to work my weakness!)
65x10 (focus on stretch), 55x10 (focus on stretch), 45x10 (focus on stretch)

[video=youtube_share;-BE-CkhP2UE]http://youtu.be/-BE-CkhP2UE[/video]

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
Have to practice PRACTICE practice my posing. about to start getting some skin coloring so that should greatly help

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established

Today marks exactly 7 days on diet. We started last Monday. I can't wait to see what next Monday will bring me!

BW 195lbs this morning, got in a fight with the salt shaker yesterday, Os whooped my ass over the phone again so I have my sodium backed down to a much more respectable level. Its nice getting to eat a bit of food again, I am going to come to love Mondays even though they are leg day :p

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
[video=youtube;APkxqo49oRQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APkxqo49oRQ[/video]

Just another good ole back day =)

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
8 weeks out 191.6lbs

Work on that face!!!

Back and Hams getting much leaner =)

Castor87

Castor87

Awards
Wow dude you've made some epic strides! Looking good. A few things...

1) Side chest: don't push your front shoulder down so much and twist your body around more. Try to stand more upright and really puff your chest. Leaning down too far like that makes you lose a lot of width.

2) Side tri: very similar to side chest. Shoulder BACK and really twist your torso around.

3) Back poses: tilt your head down ever so slightly. This will bring out a ton of separation in your traps.

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the tips man

I'm practicing my poses about 10 mins every day. Getting better but not there yet.
I just got my posing music in order and next week will start practicing my routine at least 3 days a week

-James

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Looking amazing bro. Keep it up. You're making steps in all the right directions. Wish you the best!

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
2/6/12
Waist is between 30" - 30.5"
190.2lbs
This pic was taken about 30 mins after my second carb meal for today.

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
Note on FauxMuscle:
Gaining weight doesn't necessarily mean gaining muscle*

I thought I was getting big back in Oct 2011 but all I grew was alot of fauxmuscle. Its funny how alot of water retention and a bit of fat in the right places can make you think your bigger.

Oct 27 2011 225lbs 36" waist
Feb 6 2012 190.2lbs 30" waist

Won't be doing that again!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking great James, everytime i see your pics you are noticeably leaner and leaner! Keep it up bud, your motivating me along the way.

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bud!

You know, motivating others is to me the most motivating thing =)

Castor87

Castor87

Awards
Dude, sick progress again!

I totally agree. I did a fauxbulk back in 2010, thought I was huge. 2 years later after 5 comps and I weigh 20lbs less but look 4x bigger lol

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
2/9/2012
191.6lbs this morning
Today is 145grams carb day, I have been on 145grams carb since Tuesday. Leaner and Fuller and slightly higher bodyweight, can't go wrong with that!

Castor87

Castor87

Awards
It's amazing how when you start to get to a certain level of body fat you begin to look a hell of a lot bigger even if you're 10-20lbs lighter haha.

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
It's amazing how when you start to get to a certain level of body fat you begin to look a hell of a lot bigger even if you're 10-20lbs lighter haha.
Yes sir!
Its great because I look bigger and bigger with each lb coming off now =)

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
7 Weeks Out pics 187.4lbs
Louzee wanted me to smile showing my teethe, I told her I would look even more retarded than usual... lol

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
2 weeks on contest diet/training plan.

BW 194.2lbs vs BW 187.4lbs

Castor87

Castor87

Awards
Posing is 1000000000x better bro, looking on point!

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man!

I'm working on that posing, I noticed that in my rear double bi I missed flexing the hams.
I'm uploading a video right now as soon as it is done I'll post it up so you can see it in motion. Welcome to criticism, yeah I know my face is fugly hahah

Castor87

Castor87

Awards
No probs bro! Did you get my PM?

Easy tip to remember the hamstrings...start everything from the ground up. Don't even think about the name of the poses, just focus on beginning your poses by driving you feet into the floor, then slowly moving upwards to flexing your quads/hams, then worry about everything else. For your RDB for example, my train of thought goes...

toes into ground, calves, glutes in, hips down and forward (pretend like you're humping some bish), sit back on hams.

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
Ok here is the video.

Face is fugly
Gf is bitching at me
Not leaning over enough (camera was at floor to mimic judges point of view)
Forgot to flex the hams

Feel free to chime in to help me improve
[video=youtube_share;LVhlmp28EIk]http://youtu.be/LVhlmp28EIk[/video]

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
A few closeups showing my leanness a bit better
2/12/2012

Very flat and depleted. My chest/delts/traps/arms are what flatten out the most on me. My legs seem to hold their size decently.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work brother. How many weeks out are you now?

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
6 weeks 5 days out as of today.

Expected weight in weight is around 170-175lbs.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
6 weeks 5 days out as of today.

Expected weight in weight is around 170-175lbs.
Cool...have you been taking bodyfat measurements. I'm just a little curious as to where you are right now for comparison purposes. I'm thinking of doing my first show in the fall

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
3 weeks ago a 9 point test had me at 51total mm so around 7%... A 3 point test was 4%...., don't believe those numbers. Go off pictures or the mirror since what you actually look like is what matters the most.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3 weeks ago a 9 point test had me at 51total mm so around 7%... A 3 point test was 4%...., don't believe those numbers. Go off pictures or the mirror since what you actually look like is what matters the most.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
That is very true. I can get so many different readings from calipers its not funny. Best I can tell I'm sitting around 7% right now but people tell me I look less and caliper measurements can give me as high as 8-9% at times.

I agree the mirror is what you should always go by though. Calipers AND scales can be deceiving

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Getting shredded bro true inspiration good shzt buddy keep it up

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
Here is a pic from post workout 2/14/2012
had a decent little pump going on my chest/delts/traps

184.6lbs 2/14/2012

wrong light setting on the camera
stupid "auto" didn't adjust to the florescent lights.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking great bro

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
My first time being brave enough to take pics on the posing trunks.
Yeah I have the right side a little higher than the left. Didn't notice till the pictures were done.

Pictures were actually taken today 2/19/2012 (Sunday) so I'm even more depleted than my normal Saturday pics (when I'm supposed to take them....). Yesterday I weighted in at 183lbs, today even more depleted 180lbs.... Yesterday was VERY hectic. I wokeup at 4am and didn't get home and to sleep until 1am...

7weeks vs 6weeks

7v6

7v6

7v6

7v6

7v6

7v6

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
That I don't really any extra loose skin on my arse.

My stomach is tightening up also, there is still a little fat at the lower pooch so I think the slight extra skin wrinkle will go away.

December 14, 2009 Pics
42" waist 260lbs