ManBeast's thread version 2.0 (Sept `04 update)

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Ok, the old thread is here. It is closed, but some of the comments are funny so I decided to leave it alone.

These are the oldest pics I have, before I really did anything. Standing Pic is March of 2001, sitting is September 2001.

Attachments

Last edited:
ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Next up we have Pre PH cycle. I didn't do much until about April 2001, except walk around a lot more, eat less and healthier. Come April I signed up for a weight training class and a swimming class. In June I started lifting more BB-esq and doing stadiums for cardio. These Pics are from September `02

Attachments

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Now Post PH, December 2002.

Attachments

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Next is Pre-cycle in March of 2003.

Attachments

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Post in late June 2003.

Attachments

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
More Post Cycle

Attachments

Last edited:
ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Now Feb 2004 Pics after a cutter here and there.

Attachments

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I will have new pics taken soon. Here's the "side-by side" of March `01 and Feb `04:

Attachments

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
LOL. What do you do with all that bottles of Stoly sitting on the floor?:drunk:

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
This is my favorite supplement, btw:thumbsup:

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
LoL, not mine... I had alcoholic roomies that year.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Look who's talkin! :saw:
:run:
:icon_lol:
:rofl:
:D

ManBeast

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
bah, same ol same ol! WE WANT NEW ONES!
Where's yours, Alice? :D :rofl:

Beast, you're doin' me proud.. I'll eat a Krispy Kreme for you, brother.. :thumbsup:

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i just didn't want to embaress MB will my huge arms, and ripped midsection. (ha i wish!) :hammer:

Anyways, my shirtless/better pics will be taken in a couple days when i start my GH cycle in my cycle log thread.

MB-Your move sherlock!

Attachments

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I never wanted to compete... just sayin it's not cool to demand of other's what you refuse to provide ;)

ManBeast

nebmusclehead

Awards
Well, MB as always, good job man! you are still an inspiration to all us fat guys out here. OH YEAH PETE! you krispy kreme eatin' no good sonuva creme puff...... just kidding man!!! I'm just goin' through krispy withdrawls man mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I swear they fry em in opium!

MikeBU

Developing Meathead
Awards
Nice job Manbeast you lost a shiotload of weight. IMHO I think you should do a Keto diet for a couple months and drop some more BF, worked great for me. I think you'd be suprised how much muscle you got hidden.

Pete, I could burn the Pru for building a Krispy Kreme, I cant stay away!

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Don't you touch that Krispy Kreme! :mad:

I'll need a place to go after my shows in the fall.. ;)

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I've ran keto before... It just doesn't tend to work in my life due to the fact that frequently I end up with only 6 hours of sleep. I found that I needed at least 8 while on keto.. preferably 9, and being a full-time student working part time, goin to the gym etc... That was a difficult task. I did see good results with it as the next set of pics will hopefully show.

ManBeast

MikeBU

Developing Meathead
Awards
Definitely know how that feels. I am currently working 40 hours a week and getting *maybe* 6/7 hours of sleep. It is hell going to the gym after work! I am definitely not ready to do this for the rest of my life. I think my gf gets the worse end of the stick tho, as I tend to pass out soon after dinner :D :D

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Hey... this is MY thread! :D

ManBeast

dam225

Awards
MB - how old are you and what does your workout look like? just curious.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Ummm Age is in every post I make.... (22 at the moment)
Workout right now is a Push/pull/legs with cardio 3-4 days a week (various, usually HIIT style).

ManBeast

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
MB, I can see the progress....keep upthe good work. It's only a matter of time before your goals are met. I know you'll get there bro :thumbsup: .

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
MB, I can see the progress....keep upthe good work. It's only a matter of time before your goals are met. I know you'll get there bro :thumbsup: .
I agree this guy has put in as much hard work and dedication as anyone and has earned everything he's accomplished thus far. :thumbsup:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Nice work MB. You're living proof that it can be done!

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Great work MB... you have come a long long way from those first set of pics and...keep up the good work.

LittleChina

Awards
I don't mean to be rude on my first post here, but what the hell?

For 3 years I don't see much of a difference especially for being on a pre and post cycle? MB, please don't take what I say the wrong way. Using 'roids when you have that high of a BF% seems pointless. Were you on roids?

I just fail to see the major 3 year change in muscularity or fat loss. If I am wrong please tell me.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Where's you pictures? And by the way, nice entrance.. hope you don't keep this up.. might be finding your way out the door

mrfumetsu

Awards
I don't mean to be rude on my first post here, but what the hell?

For 3 years I don't see much of a difference especially for being on a pre and post cycle? MB, please don't take what I say the wrong way. Using 'roids when you have that high of a BF% seems pointless. Were you on roids?

I just fail to see the major 3 year change in muscularity or fat loss. If I am wrong please tell me.

You aren't wrong, but everyone here protects his ego because he's a moderator. In his last thread others voiced this opinion and they were yelled at.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I still remember the first time i saw MB in the gym. I was in the squat rack thinking "wow, this guy needs to leave right now" He's come a long way since then.

Maybe it's hard to tell in the pictures, but he's about half the size he once was. He's lost over 100lbs in 3 years, to me that says something.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You aren't wrong, but everyone here protects his ego because he's a moderator. In his last thread others voiced this opinion and they were yelled at.
MB does not have an ego, he knows where he is, and he knows where he needs to get to. He's never claimed to be big, buff, ripped, or anything of that sort. He's just a once fat guy, slowly working his way down. And personally i think he's gotten damn far.

As far as waiting to reach genetic limits before going on cycle, hardly anyone does anymore. I didn't, and neither did you mrfumestsu, nor do 95% of the people on cycle right now. Who cares.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
LittleChina:
1) Only people who don't fully understand what `roids are capable of doing for FATLOSS would say that using them at a high bodyfat is stupid.

2) Can you really look at this picture (attatched again for the sake of people who just don't get it) and tell me I haven't done anything?

3) Welcome to the board.

mrfumetsu:
Ego? LoL! I just know where I was, and where I am. But I don't have an ego. I am the first to admit I have a long way to go. If you call that an ego... then fine, welcome to crazyworld...

ManBeast

Attachments

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Besides... I'm taking new pics this weekend, after clipping and in good light... It's been a helluva 8 months since I've moved into my studio apartment.

ManBeast

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
No we don't do that, I would do it even if he wasn't one of my mods.. I would even do it to you even though you care coming across as a prick right now....
My mother raised me to not say nothing if you can't say anything good. And with the way that life is right now WHY IN THE HELL DO WE NEED ANYMORE NEGATIVE ENERGY. This is one of my fucking pet peeves.. we have so many asses that do knowing but kick at the people that are trying to do something with themselves and all it does is show how low of self esteem they have for themselves. MB is not trying to be a showoff or a "look at me" type but trying to keep himself movtivated and still working toward his goal. If you don't want to be part of it.. then just avoid the thread.. pure and simple.. it is not like it manadory reading on here or something.. Now run along boys, you are really starting to bother me

macdaddy

Awards
I don't post here much, but as a recently former fatty it is motivating to come and check on MB's progress. I don't know either of these guys, but in my experience only those who have never had to lose fat critisize those who are slow to do it. It is very difficult and to be admired when one achieves success.

BTY I used to be in excess of 30% bf, after a year I'm at 20% and on the way down. It ain't easy, perhaps just as is isn't easy for a pencil neck to gain muscle?

LittleChina

Awards
No we don't do that, I would do it even if he wasn't one of my mods.. I would even do it to you even though you care coming across as a prick right now....
My mother raised me to not say nothing if you can't say anything good. And with the way that life is right now WHY IN THE HELL DO WE NEED ANYMORE NEGATIVE ENERGY. This is one of my fucking pet peeves.. we have so many asses that do knowing but kick at the people that are trying to do something with themselves and all it does is show how low of self esteem they have for themselves. MB is not trying to be a showoff or a "look at me" type but trying to keep himself movtivated and still working toward his goal. If you don't want to be part of it.. then just avoid the thread.. pure and simple.. it is not like it manadory reading on here or something.. Now run along boys, you are really starting to bother me
It was not my intention to be rude, and that was not the point of my post. I had serious inquirering questions to manbeast. I had said I was not trying ot insult him, I was simply being truthful, I am sure other's also wondered.

The only way to ask my questions would have been to simply just say what I had to say, it was not out of malice or some sort of "low self esteem". About not saying anything if you don't have anything good to say? Well, the world isn't that simple and easy, its not a black and white issue. I did not attack manbeast I had questions and I presented them honestly.

I do know of people who have had weight losses, my own brother who has strong meosmorph and yet some endomorph traits lost 80 pounds in 5 months while retaining most of his muscle. So please don't assume I know absolutely nothing about the issue. I know that everyone is different and Manbeast may simply be more endomorph and such, I was just surprised about the longer timeline is all. I didn't mean to take away from Manbeat's accomplishments, I am sure he busts his ass everyday. If I did do that I apologize.

It was hard to judge because the initial befores were hard to to see. I was also surprised about the use of Steroids, I am guessing you used them more in conjunction of a metabolism effect rather than an actual weight lifting sequence?

If I offended you Manbeast then I apologize.

PS. I just viewed my initial post above, yeah I sounded like a real asshole, sorry about that. :(

growmore

Board Supporter
Awards
If I didn't pump iron and watch my diet CONSTANTLY I'd be a very large boy.... I know cause that's where I started and It's a huge mental feet to turn down the piece of pie or extra burger and deal with the hunger when your body naturally wants you to store all the extra energy it can in the form of fat. After all, us guys on the endo end of the spectrum are not only fighting our body to have excessive LBM but also fighting the long line of evolution that allows such "proficient:frustrate" energy storage.
If you have to stuff your face just to gain a pound than your story began a little different. Every bit of muscle you made from the get go shows it's there in full effect. I'm not going to say it's easier for any one body type, it's truely a battle for anyone doing things right, but it takes a very STRONG person to try to maintain or even gain LBM while just investing in long term result without any real immediate gratification.
ManBeast, you have obvious dedication and I think you have had wonderful results.:thumbsup:

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
LC: Seriously... dropping 80 lbs in 5 months naturally without loosing "hardly any" muscle is 4 lbs a week constant... Unless he was very obese at the time (around my old size or bigger proportionally) IMHO.

If you would have read up on my threads for my cycles.. what I achieved in adding strength and good size on those... maybe the "slower" timeline would be "acceptable" to you. I've ALWAYS focused on building muscle or maintaining it, and then loosing fat... has it made my progress slower... probably... but I'm fine with where I am, and where I'm going.

Many people who end up juicing are of the leaner variety, because it is their type that gets into the fitness working out thing earlier... unfortuanetly for the heavier people, we are shunned from using these things, even if we have similar LBM (with way more fat) than the lean guys using them to purely bulk up... They are amazing cutting tools as well...

ManBeast

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's amazing to see how many people come on here to bash ManBeast. I would have to say that he has more balls than anyone on this board to show his PROGRESS of loosing so much weight. It also shows that he has a lot of integrity, and gets my respect for such a thing. Keep it up brother.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Ok, quick update... Guess I had a little body recomp instead of a cutter...
Weight + 5 lbs to 220
BF down ( not really sure how much, guessing 1-2% bleh)
Bench: 205 x 2 to 225x2
Squat 225 x 4 to 250 x 4 (probably higher, no spotter handy)
T-bar 145 to 155 x 4 reps
Curl 85 x 3 reps to 95 x 4 reps

I'll be the first to admit that I didn't get my damn diet in check... but it's there now. Time for some serious ass kicking!
Here comes the damn cut!!! I swear...

ManBeast

Attachments

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good job man it's hard to be on 100% of the time in the real world. Just keep it up and keep working hard and you'll be there.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Right on MB, keep up the good work. The diet part is the toughest but if you stick it out you'll be pleased.

Lats are looking huge bro!

MikeSP021

Awards
ive been watchin you for a while and i seriously can see how you did 2 cycles and didnt looose any body fat or gain any muscle. you really need to just lay off the cycles, they arent working, and concentrate on cutting down to a managable weight.

MikeSP021

Awards
i recommend saving all your time and money that you are wasting on steriods and look into a personal trainer, or if neccesary cosmetic surgery.

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
Nah...he definitely looks like he put on some muscle mass...just carrying waaaaaaaay to much fat to be able to truely appreciate how much muscle he has added. Manbeast,
you should do HIIT with a vengence at least 3 times a week on an empty stomach 1st thing in the morning. Don't worry about loseing muscle, you won't (I know I don't), your priority should be dropping lard and maintaining muscle at this point.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I know what I need to do... I just took on what many (if not all) of my peers at school would consider an "insane" work/school load (because I had to for varioius reasons) and was not able to. As of the last couple weeks, I have gotten things into shape diet wise, and have a bit more free time to do what has to be done...

And what in the HELL are you saying no fat loss and no muscle gain... How the hell can I add strength and size (when I did a proper bulker) while maintaining/lowering my waist each and every time?

ManBeast

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ManBeast Workout Logs 86
ManBeast Weight Loss 29
ManBeast Pheromones 2
ManBeast General Chat 31
ManBeast Pics 215