ManBeast's thread version 2.0 (Sept `04 update)

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.14%

If I didn't pump iron and watch my diet CONSTANTLY I'd be a very large boy.... I know cause that's where I started and It's a huge mental feet to turn down the piece of pie or extra burger and deal with the hunger when your body naturally wants you to store all the extra energy it can in the form of fat. After all, us guys on the endo end of the spectrum are not only fighting our body to have excessive LBM but also fighting the long line of evolution that allows such "proficient" energy storage.
    If you have to stuff your face just to gain a pound than your story began a little different. Every bit of muscle you made from the get go shows it's there in full effect. I'm not going to say it's easier for any one body type, it's truely a battle for anyone doing things right, but it takes a very STRONG person to try to maintain or even gain LBM while just investing in long term result without any real immediate gratification.
    ManBeast, you have obvious dedication and I think you have had wonderful results.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

LC: Seriously... dropping 80 lbs in 5 months naturally without loosing "hardly any" muscle is 4 lbs a week constant... Unless he was very obese at the time (around my old size or bigger proportionally) IMHO.

If you would have read up on my threads for my cycles.. what I achieved in adding strength and good size on those... maybe the "slower" timeline would be "acceptable" to you. I've ALWAYS focused on building muscle or maintaining it, and then loosing fat... has it made my progress slower... probably... but I'm fine with where I am, and where I'm going.

Many people who end up juicing are of the leaner variety, because it is their type that gets into the fitness working out thing earlier... unfortuanetly for the heavier people, we are shunned from using these things, even if we have similar LBM (with way more fat) than the lean guys using them to purely bulk up... They are amazing cutting tools as well...

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

It's amazing to see how many people come on here to bash ManBeast. I would have to say that he has more balls than anyone on this board to show his PROGRESS of loosing so much weight. It also shows that he has a lot of integrity, and gets my respect for such a thing. Keep it up brother.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.11%

Ok, quick update... Guess I had a little body recomp instead of a cutter...
    Weight + 5 lbs to 220
    BF down ( not really sure how much, guessing 1-2% bleh)
    Bench: 205 x 2 to 225x2
    Squat 225 x 4 to 250 x 4 (probably higher, no spotter handy)
    T-bar 145 to 155 x 4 reps
    Curl 85 x 3 reps to 95 x 4 reps

I'll be the first to admit that I didn't get my damn diet in check... but it's there now. Time for some serious ass kicking!
    Here comes the damn cut!!! I swear...

ManBeast
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Good job man it's hard to be on 100% of the time in the real world. Just keep it up and keep working hard and you'll be there.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.74%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Right on MB, keep up the good work. The diet part is the toughest but if you stick it out you'll be pleased.

Lats are looking huge bro!
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.33%

ive been watchin you for a while and i seriously can see how you did 2 cycles and didnt looose any body fat or gain any muscle. you really need to just lay off the cycles, they arent working, and concentrate on cutting down to a managable weight.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.33%

i recommend saving all your time and money that you are wasting on steriods and look into a personal trainer, or if neccesary cosmetic surgery.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.79%

Nah...he definitely looks like he put on some muscle mass...just carrying waaaaaaaay to much fat to be able to truely appreciate how much muscle he has added. Manbeast,
    you should do HIIT with a vengence at least 3 times a week on an empty stomach 1st thing in the morning. Don't worry about loseing muscle, you won't (I know I don't), your priority should be dropping lard and maintaining muscle at this point.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.11%

I know what I need to do... I just took on what many (if not all) of my peers at school would consider an "insane" work/school load (because I had to for varioius reasons) and was not able to. As of the last couple weeks, I have gotten things into shape diet wise, and have a bit more free time to do what has to be done...

And what in the HELL are you saying no fat loss and no muscle gain... How the hell can I add strength and size (when I did a proper bulker) while maintaining/lowering my waist each and every time?

ManBeast
  11. IBE Representative
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSP021
    ive been watchin you for a while and i seriously can see how you did 2 cycles and didnt looose any body fat or gain any muscle. you really need to just lay off the cycles, they arent working, and concentrate on cutting down to a managable weight.
    4 of your 7 posts are in this and MB's last thread. Whats your deal man? Telling someone to get cosmetic surgery is not cool. We're here to help each other, comments like that are rude and unnecessary IMO, as they contribute nothing.

Read my above post where i stated that he's lost over 100lbs in 3 years, how is that not losing any bf? Maybe i missed something.
    Last edited by JonBlaze; 09-05-2004 at 11:01 PM.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.11%

Exactly... on the scale.. I've lost 85 pounds from my max, I've been down to 100 lbs down on the scale, and my waist is not much larger than it was then (I still wear the exact same belt loop even on "new" belts of that size). I really don't see where your logic is coming from... Of course the changes I make are not going to be easy to see due to the still high bodyfat I'm at, but in reality... stats don't lie, and who in the hell would lie about my stats? I'm the "little guy" in the group I lift with and I'll admit it!

ManBeast
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.15%

Quote Originally Posted by supersize77
    Nah...he definitely looks like he put on some muscle mass...just carrying waaaaaaaay to much fat to be able to truely appreciate how much muscle he has added. Manbeast,
    you should do HIIT with a vengence at least 3 times a week on an empty stomach 1st thing in the morning. Don't worry about loseing muscle, you won't (I know I don't), your priority should be dropping lard and maintaining muscle at this point.
    I am unsure on this fact, but isn't HIIT and longer cardio less prone of muscle loss occuring for peopel with high body fat levels. If a person with a high body fat level decides to do extensive cardio wouldn't a larger percent and a greater chance of the body using and going to the actual fat for energy before muscle?

Out of curiousity Manbeast, I may have missed this fact somewhere but how tall are you?
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.11%

I'm 5'7" tall, 17" neck, and very wide hipbones with a barrel rib cage.

ManBeast
  15. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

Keep up the good work, the #s don't lie.
  16. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.77%

Quote Originally Posted by JonBlaze
    4 of your 7 posts are in this and MB's last thread. Whats your deal man? Telling someone to get cosmetic surgery is not cool. We're here to help each other, comments like that are rude and unnecessary IMO, as they contribute nothing.

Read my above post where i stated that he's lost over 100lbs in 3 years, how is that not losing any bf? Maybe i missed something.

Yea seriously you f*ck'n hater. This guy has the guts to post his progress to help people out and then you tell him to get surgery? Why dont you go back to bobybuilding.com. They have a teen section where you can share your comments. Grow up or get out of here.

ManBeast keep up the good work and dont let haters stop you from sharing
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.33%

Good job man,in my book anybody that is working hard to improve thier physical or mental being has my thumbs up,and losing 100lbs ain't no joke,been watching my dear old dad losing 100lbs,lots of hard work.Hats off ManBeast,and go for it!!!!
  18. Developing Meathead
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.82%

As far as waiting to reach genetic limits before going on cycle, hardly anyone does anymore. I didn't, and neither did you mrfumestsu, nor do 95% of the people on cycle right now. Who cares.
    Haha that is the truest thing i've read in a long time. I've worked out for 3 years now and went from 165 to 205 naturally which was fantastic, but by the time I reach my actual genetic potential, I'll be like 30. SCREW THAT! Started my cycle 3 weeks ago

As for Manbeast, if you can't see progress you are blind. I admire the simple fact that you decided to get your ass in the gym and change the way you look. The one point I do agree with however is that you should concentrate more on fat loss at this point and do 3-4 morning cardio sessions. Keep up the great attitude tho, and with a good group of guys pushing you at the gym, and on this board, soon you'll be even sexier then you are now!!! Watch out ladies!
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.68%

keep up the work....lookin good...man the dedication you have is outstanding,,**** what other people say who critize you heh
  20. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.49%

I don't really see anything wrong with what little china said. I see nothing wrong with having a diffrent opinion as long as it is said with respect. I will say I look at it diffrent than little china. I think the actual time it takes is irrelivant. What I like is that for 3 years he has been making progress. So its only a matter of time until he gets to where he wants to be. So I'd like to say good work because if your making consistent changes year after year you must be doing something right.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.53%

telling him he requires cosmetic surgery is not appropriate. Not everyone has all the time in the world to follow everything to a "T". Give him respect for what he's done as well as the fact that he did it while on a rough schedule with many commitments. I know tons of people who gave up lifting and staying in shape due to life's demands. And mb you have made good progress, just keeping going strong.
  22. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.35%

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast
    Ok, quick update... Guess I had a little body recomp instead of a cutter...
    Weight + 5 lbs to 220
    BF down ( not really sure how much, guessing 1-2% bleh)
    Bench: 205 x 2 to 225x2
    Squat 225 x 4 to 250 x 4 (probably higher, no spotter handy)
    T-bar 145 to 155 x 4 reps
    Curl 85 x 3 reps to 95 x 4 reps

I'll be the first to admit that I didn't get my damn diet in check... but it's there now. Time for some serious ass kicking!
    Here comes the damn cut!!! I swear...

ManBeast

Dam,Beast these new pics are awsome..Notice the cuts around the traps..Sweet, and who did the honors of shaving you..You realy steped up over the summer,Good for you..Someone should make this a sticky,no matter what level your at,your transformation can benefit us all Congrats Bro..Looking forward to future pic's...
  23. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.28%

As far as waiting to reach genetic limits before going on cycle, hardly anyone does anymore. I didn't, and neither did you mrfumestsu, nor do 95% of the people on cycle right now. Who cares.
    I reached my limits..

Damn good progress, MB.. I'll have to visit next summer, tear up afew gyms..
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.11%

MM: Actually those aren't cuts... more like "forced separation" couldn't properly flex due to "the best lighting" (according to some dude who went here and had a pic in Men's Fitness taken in that same location) Was in a bathroom stall... So I couldn't get my (short stubby) arms out right!!! I really wish I could have flexed a lot better for some of those shots... I really think my back can come out better... Oh well... next time!

Pete: You'll probably still get an extra workout loading and unloading all the extra weight you'll be using by then!!!

Thanks for the support guys. It really does help.
    Edit: Talk is cheap... here's the shots!

ManBeast
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by ManBeast; 09-08-2004 at 11:42 AM.
  25. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.35%

Beast you must be doing heavy shruggs your upper trap in the back looks great..Nice
    lat's and overall back development....
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.11%

MM: I try and go heavy on everything, at least some of the time. I'm in this game for the size and power... Who wants to be huge and weak?

ManBeast
  27. IBE Representative
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.51%

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast
    Who wants to be huge and weak?

ManBeast
    *Raises hand* My physique is built for a single purpose: *****.

Yeah yeah, i should do it for myself and all that good stuff....i know, i know
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.11%

Just as a side-note. The latests batch of pics can be considered the "Pre-Bobo" pics. The next pics will be up by Halloween.

MB
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.67%

Great transformation. You have really shed fat nicely and built up a good amount of muscle. However, I feel the need to express one major problem that I have with this thread.

Praising this transformation is irresponsible. If you do the math, He started training in April 2001. September 2002 was the first run in with PH. That’s 17 months of training to the beginning of September. Then 23 months to March 2003, which was the first steroid cycle. For God’s sake, the lifts that are listed as current match gains that I believe could be made naturally. MB decided to cycle, whatever. But, this is not something that should be encouraged and defended, especially under the little experience that he had going into hormonal supplementation.

I personally began training in my freshman year of high school. I was 15 years old. After 17 months of training I was only 16 years old. Assuming that I had fooled myself into thinking that hormonal supplementation was acceptable with such limited experience, I could have followed this example and started a cycle at 16 years of age. At the tender age of 17, using this thread as an example, I could have cycled.

This is, of course broken logic as there are so many other factors involved in young cycling; however, I am illustrating what a misguided youth my rationalize from this thread. Of course, I also feel that MB’s cycling with such limited experience was broken logic as well.

I believe that this behavior should be discouraged instead of praised. It is very poorly thought out to promote cycling under such limited experience. I personally believe that one can achieve any aesthetically desirable build naturally. I have lived by this belief and am still on the road to where I want to be, without the aid of hormonal supplementation.
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.11%

We do our best to educate the misguided youth and/or show them the door...

ManBeast
  31. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.6%

What you fail to understand it that he did most of the cycles before he found our little part of the world and IF you have been reading you will notice that he has been clean for a while.. in fact just signed up with Bobo for more help..
    Was it the smartest thing to do.. more than likely not but MB would be the first to tell you that..
  32. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.67%

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew D
    What you fail to understand it that he did most of the cycles before he found our little part of the world and IF you have been reading you will notice that he has been clean for a while.. in fact just signed up with Bobo for more help..
    Was it the smartest thing to do.. more than likely not but MB would be the first to tell you that..
    I did fail to understand that, you're right. I did notice that he has been clean for a while, which is a wise choice. And, signing up with Bobo sounds like a great idea. I am considering it for myself.
    I just want you guys to know that I was hesitant in posting that response because I do not like to flame people. I believe in the whole "If you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all" mantra. However, I felt it was very necessary to try and prevent any youths from using this thread as a basis for rationalizing PH/Steroid use. My goal was to help out the next generation, not flame this generation.
  33. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.6%

trust me.. I am going to be the first in line about that also..
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.98%

You have a good point, but this board, IMHO, is very, very good at one thing. Teaching people to be safe. I don't know how long it has been since you've been out of high school, but I know how long it's been for me. When a dumb young youth decides he wants to do steroids, he's probably about 75% likely to do it. Of all my friends who said they "were" going to cycle in high school (which amounts to about 5 or 6 just in my senior year), all of them decided to do it anyway no matter what people said to them. Most of them had no clue how to use and lost their gains, ran into post cycle depression and had no clue what was going on (of course they had no PCT planned out), etc. Now, if they had gone to this board instead, I see a few things that would have happened for sure.

1) People would have reamed them for thinking about it while still in high school and told them to follow a good diet, supplement with creatine, glutamine, vitamins, etc, etc, instead.
    2) If they decided to go through with it anyway, they would have had "good" advice on how to be safe. They also would have realized that they would need a lot more money than just the few $$/amp you'd have to spend in Tijuana, Mexico.

Nowhere in this board have I seen people encouraging youth to take steroids, nor have I seen it advocated. I've seen that educated adults have realized that politicians have banned substances that are safer than a ton of OTC drugs have been banned for politican gain, decided to pursue AAS to improve their physique, and provide a forum to do so in the safest and most effective way possible.

We definatey agree on on thing though, MB has shed a ton of lbs; that he should be proud of I can't wait to see him when BoBo's done with him...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumpter
    Great transformation. You have really shed fat nicely and built up a good amount of muscle. However, I feel the need to express one major problem that I have with this thread.

Praising this transformation is irresponsible. If you do the math, He started training in April 2001. September 2002 was the first run in with PH. That’s 17 months of training to the beginning of September. Then 23 months to March 2003, which was the first steroid cycle. For God’s sake, the lifts that are listed as current match gains that I believe could be made naturally. MB decided to cycle, whatever. But, this is not something that should be encouraged and defended, especially under the little experience that he had going into hormonal supplementation.

I personally began training in my freshman year of high school. I was 15 years old. After 17 months of training I was only 16 years old. Assuming that I had fooled myself into thinking that hormonal supplementation was acceptable with such limited experience, I could have followed this example and started a cycle at 16 years of age. At the tender age of 17, using this thread as an example, I could have cycled.

This is, of course broken logic as there are so many other factors involved in young cycling; however, I am illustrating what a misguided youth my rationalize from this thread. Of course, I also feel that MB’s cycling with such limited experience was broken logic as well.

I believe that this behavior should be discouraged instead of praised. It is very poorly thought out to promote cycling under such limited experience. I personally believe that one can achieve any aesthetically desirable build naturally. I have lived by this belief and am still on the road to where I want to be, without the aid of hormonal supplementation.
  35. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.52%

Way to go MB! A friend of mine lost about 120 lbs and it took her 3 1/2 years to do it. But by god she did it and so did you. It takes a **** load of courage to do something about an overweight condition and going to a crowded gym, knowing that your body will end up being compared to some genetic freak or juicer. That must have taken great big brassy balls. Your progress is awesome and your an inspiration to others bro. **** anybody else that says different.
  36. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.67%

I truthfully don't see 100 lbs. of weight loss in those pics, nor do I see much muscle gain?!?
  37. Get big or die trying
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.73%

Quote Originally Posted by (o)(o)
    I truthfully don't see 100 lbs. of weight loss in those pics, nor do I see much muscle gain?!?
    Are you serious? Look at the pics in the beginning of the thread he's made huge progress. And way to be an a hole, and make your first post such a positive one. We really don't need idiots like you on this board.
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Got to love the internet and the anonymous. Nice comment there tits.
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.11%

According to estimates by myself and my family doctor, I was at around 60% bodyfat in the first pic (with the bass guitar), with a weight of 305 pounds. In that last pic I was around 20% bodyfat at ~220 lbs. Do the math yourself.

ManBeast
  40. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38%

Hey guys, im new here and i have to say that im impressed with this forum!
    #1 i have to say that anyone who does not see the effort this man put in his life's transformation is blind.
    #2 I know of many people who have come and gone at my gym, most people expect transformation overnight and those are the ones who wont get far.
    #3 i myself was overweight at 290+ pounds at 6,3, i had a 42 inch waist and no muscle whatsoever. never did anything except watch the tube. It took me 4 years to change my body, it wont happen overnight and it wont be an easy ride, it takes hard work and dedication!
    #4 PH Cycles come in all shapes and forms, people are different and each has his own goal in what they want out of it, so to judge someone that he did 2 cycles with no gains is just dumb!
    #5 ManBeast you have balls of steel so be proud and keep it up, i think i might post my pictures after seeing this post

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 215
    Last Post: 07-10-2004, 06:05 PM
  2. Are all the previous threads gone?
    By Gmonkey in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 05:50 PM
  3. Curt2go's cycle thread....
    By curt2go in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 10:34 PM
  4. ManBeast's Cycle complete! :D