Just joined, old pics and current pics

sonnyv

Awards
hey guys so i just joined today and i wanted to post a old pic of me and a new one and wanted to have an estimate on current bf% and what it should be for my weights that im lifting

deadlift max: 420
Squat:285X10
bench:250

one pic is an attatchment and the other is my profile picture the one posted here is old the profile pic is current

Attachments

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am going to say upload that picture here as well, because it looks awkward in profile. Chest looks off in profile

johnnyjuice

johnnyjuice

Awards
  • Established
I am going to say upload that picture here as well, because it looks awkward in profile. Chest looks off in profile
Agreed,Hard to tell post the pic on the thread,Chest does look off.

sonnyv

Awards
ok i have to resize it is all, any suggestions?

sonnyv

Awards
ok sounds great, just need to get a few posts then i should be good to send you a pm

sonnyv

Awards
maybe i need to do more cardio or something.. i'm also working on a 500 pound deadlift, im at 420 currently and started at 365 at the first of this month.. so good progress?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
With all due respect, that is one of the worst cases of gynaecomastia I have ever seen.

sonnyv

Awards
well, the older pic which is the first one where i had just started lifting i wasn;t taking any supplements, and shortly after started lifting..

currently i am 218-220 6'1 and have my max lifts at
dead:420
squat:285x10

i am taking cellucors n-o extreme before workouts on monday weds and friday
and drink two scoops of met-rx's whey protein after workouts and on off days too about 46 grams of protein

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well, the older pic which is the first one where i had just started lifting i wasn;t taking any supplements, and shortly after started lifting..

currently i am 218-220 6'1 and have my max lifts at
dead:420
squat:285x10

i am taking cellucors n-o extreme before workouts on monday weds and friday
and drink two scoops of met-rx's whey protein after workouts and on off days too about 46 grams of protein
Any steroids and/or Prohormone use (these are steroids)?

sonnyv

Awards
yeahhh, that's what i was afraid of =/ freakin gyno

sonnyv

Awards
nope, no steroids everrrrrrrrr stay away from that stuff

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Don't look any where near 220 pounds, even for being 6'1''

Edit* Oh wait, nevermind. Saw your profile picture.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nope, no steroids everrrrrrrrr stay away from that stuff
Are those the only supplements you have ever taken? If not please list others. Some supplement stores will sell you stuff that will make you stronger that really are steroids (refered to as ProHormones). It could be Natural gyno, but I feel it would have been a bit more pronounced in your initial picture.

sonnyv

Awards
well, scales are saying some different stuff, like 220 at home and like 227 at the gym.. but whatever.. and letro? is that worth a try? i'm not even sure what that is exactly. what can the doc do for me?

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well, scales are saying some different stuff, like 220 at home and like 227 at the gym.. but whatever.. and letro? is that worth a try? i'm not even sure what that is exactly. what can the doc do for me?
Ignore the letro comment, it seems to be a bit too developed and as I said seeing a doctor would be best. He will know what to do, but treatment of extreme cases can include surgery.

sonnyv

Awards
well, i used creatine briefly but stopped using it awhile back.. it was used in my first year of lifting, but stopped. no other supplements besides protein powders have been used anyway i have always had some fat on my chest as long as i can remember, thinking it's natural

sonnyv

Awards
yeah i have always wanted to get rid of it... but surgery would cost to much i'm thinking =/ it is rather embarassing

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
What are your goals? You could just do a cutting cycle and see if some of the fat comes off. You could just be prone to having fat on your chest.

sonnyv

Awards
goals are to just gain strength and put up bigger numbers really, and well to maybe get rid of this chest fat that has followed me everywhere.. never tried a cutting cycle how would i go about doing that? and would it get in the way of gaining strength and numbers in my lifts??

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are your goals? You could just do a cutting cycle and see if some of the fat comes off. You could just be prone to having fat on your chest.
This was going to be my suggestion, especially since you said you might have always had fat deposits on your chest.

However, the picture is quite convincing. Quick reading for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynecomastia

sub001

Awards
What is your diet like? I'm a newbie (sort of) so I'm treading lightly but your BF% looks pretty high, not even speaking of your chest. Your goals determine a lot, but even if you were trying to be a powerlifter the fat just looks too much. I'd try cleaning up your diet a lot. Not saying go on a cut or anything but exclude anything that isn't great for you.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would ya mind postin up your typical meal plan? These guys are pretty good at getting that squared away and tweaked out depending on your goals.
Good call (sub001 as well). Lets see your diet. Gyno aside, you are probably carrying a bit more fat then you intend to, this could be from holes in your diet.

sonnyv

Awards
ok, well it varies a lot but lately ive been eating whatever i feel like, but usuualllly in the morning i'll have a egg sandwhich on wheat bread, mustard, and olive oil light mayo, then lunch usually another sandwhich with turkey, onions if i can get them, mustard, and same mayo. maybe grab some things to eat in between lunch and dinner, and eat after dinner too.

days that i lift are usually pretty repetitive meal wise, wake up at 7:30 take n-o extreme by cellucor go lift for an hour to an hour and a half then come home and eat an egg sandwhich -see above- and a met rx protein shake, eat lunch about 3 o clock -turkey sandwhich- then eat whatever is for dinner

sonnyv

Awards
and when i had lost weight in previous years 230- to 168 when i first started lifting i had chest fat still but not nearly as much as in my profile picture

sonnyv

Awards
i am concerned with both strength and at least getting rid of the chest fat, but that's about it. and i'm not offended i'm just looking for help is all surgery would cost to much so that's not an option, hard work is the only tool i suppose which i can do

sonnyv

Awards
i guess i just need a cutting program and then strength building again afterwards. any threads to recommend? same with the diet?

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Start counting your calories to atleast get some sort of idea what you're currently doing

sonnyv

Awards
alright will do, i'll start doing that and ill try to lose 18 pounds and post another pic soon to show what that looks like, wish i could lose weight and gain muscle at the same time though haha

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i guess i just need a cutting program and then strength building again afterwards. any threads to recommend? same with the diet?
Follow this one. He is doing the a pretty much no supplement cut (minus a few staples):

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/153785-log-_______-cant.html

If you want to help it along a bit, then I would recommend some Green Tea and/or CLA from Primordial (on sale until end of day):

Green Tea has been shown to assist with fat loss
CLA is a trans fat that has also been shown to assist with weight loss.

But diet and working out will make 95% of your diet. Supplements will give you the extra 5%.

If you want to push this alittle further along, you could stack OEP with the two Primordial products. http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/usplabs/oxyelite-pro-60-capsules.html

Again, diet and working out will be 95% of your results.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
alright will do, i'll start doing that and ill try to lose 18 pounds and post another pic soon to show what that looks like, wish i could lose weight and gain muscle at the same time though haha
Also use fitday.com. It is free and allows you to watch your calories.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ahhh yes yes, these boys are gettin you locked and loaded on info :) Better do ur homework tho!!!! Hell i read anything from simple nutrition articles to the intricate logs ppl are doing on here at least 2 hrs every night lol. Really gotta get in tune with what makes YOUR body tick.
Listen to this man, it is what we all do, and why we get an upper hand over the average gym rat.

sonnyv

Awards
just ate lunch, 2 egg whites on cabbage with mustard, hows that for a start? haha and eight ounces of water -basically a standard paper cup- might run a mile later, still sore from lifting yesterday =/ hope i don't lose strength from losing the chest fat

sonnyv

Awards
yeah sounds like a good idea, i have needed people like you guys all my life lol FINALLY

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
just ate lunch, 2 egg whites on cabbage with mustard, hows that for a start? haha and eight ounces of water -basically a standard paper cup- might run a mile later, still sore from lifting yesterday =/ hope i don't lose strength from losing the chest fat
Thats under 10g of protein and under 5g carbs (assuming large eggs for the whites and 1/2 cup cooked cabbage). You will want to make improvements still, like I said read up that nutrional forum until you can't anymore.

sonnyv

Awards
hm ok, this is deffinitley going to be a process as is everything. But i can do it, so if i'm lifting for about an hour to an hour and a half doing bench, squats, deads, and hang cleans i'm guessing that is about 400 calories burnt? i'm not sure. i'll read the articles but i am just trying to figure out what my calorie needs are anyway to gain strength and still lose some fat in the process

sonnyv

Awards
i'm starting as of today and hope to get some results. I'm willing to go balls to the wall in everything i do and kick my butt everyday. i guess i just have to learn the cutting side of this all, cause i have the lifting part down it seems like. The first of this month i was deadlifting 365 now im at 420

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Holy crap, you got bigger tits than me!!!!
JUST MESSIN AROUND!!
Im a jokester....But seriously!

sub001

Awards
I don't know if a powerlifting routine is best for cutting up? someone chime in on this but I don't think trying to do big lifts the entire time is the most beneficial thing ever. You probably won't get stronger on a cut, but it is possible to keep all your strength if you do it right. Get in more protein, a couple eggs and sandwiches here and there don't have enough protein. Breads have a lot of brown sugar and random crap in them even whole grain, so try whole meals. 6-10 oz chicken or something, it takes like 10 slices of turkey meat to get 9g of protein and the sodium is ridiculous in lunch meat.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No dude im just messin, It looks like you DID play with hormones. Im a fatty. **** im like 50 pounds heavier than you dude.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
wow. im by no means the leanest person ever, but it looks like a dirty bulk went terribly wrong. your lifts seem really strong though so congrats on those numbers.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You must have taken steroids and not known about it, or maybe you did. Anyways, I know what a whole bunch of fat on a chest looks like and gyno, and that right there is gyno.. And if I were you, I would save up 3000 dollars and get surgery done...