1 year progress pics...

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Answers

1 year progress pics...

thought I'd post these up, so critique away

I spent about 8months bulking from about 75kg (165lbs) to 99kg (218lbs)... been cutting the last 4 or so months maybe even 5 (its going fkn slow... and im too slack to get a strict diet) down to 85kg (187lbs).

Abs are slowly starting to come through (top 4) when I stretch.

Waist line at 218lbs bloated up to 39" or 99cm and is now at 84cm or 33"
    Hoping to get it down below 80cm or about 31"... but I think I'd have to start strict calorie counting

Strength has dropped maybe 10-15% in my lifts in the last 4-5months (all at the start) but has stayed steady since then - not getting any stronger

Am planning to keep cutting to lose another 1-2" off the stomach (why the hell not? I've come this far) even tho I'm still a pencil neck and cannot wait till about March when I start "bulking" again (more clean this time! 18% bf wasnt comfortable)... really want to focus on bigger legs (squats!), shoulders (military press!), benching and deadlifting... compound lifts rule

Anyway here are the pics from just before I started lifting

from 218 to where I am now I've lost about 6" off the stomach which makes life generally a LOT more easier especially in t-shirts... and comfort in pants... I think 15% should be a limit in terms of how fat you get in a bulk

I have side on photos I can add of me looking pregnant with a 99" waist and comparing that to the half-ok 33" I got now... but cbf uploading for now

Any advice for my cut? I wana finish this ****... I hate cardio... and I just wana clamp on more plates on that squat+dead !!

fyi: cut has been 2 HIIT cardio sessions per week (25mins). Originally started with cycling (stationary at home in front of tv) - 30seconds on, 90 seconds rest. Did that for 2 or so months and then tried sprints - 10seconds on - 50 seconds rest. Got a sore knee from that so just doing jump-rope atm - 15seconds on / 45off for 25intervals. Diet is slack - heavy carb days on leg/back day. medium on chest/tri & shoulder day. Zero carbs on 2dardio days and 1 rest day.

Generally just try keeping carbs to the first half of the day (low GI), and keep meal portions to about 150-250g servings max per 2-3hours.

(the left pics - before I started lifting - the quads look like they have some size - this was due to the cycling I did when I was about 16-17. I started my early teenage years overweight at around 200lbs before I fell down to those first left pics @ 160-165 in a 3month period)

Long term goal is to hit a lean 220lbs in a few years...
    have a 500lb squat + dead for reps within the next 2-3 years (coz all that matters is squats and deadlifts! fuk bicep curls - I'll live with small arms for life )

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Nice progress and I know what you mean about T-shirts being easier to wear when you reduce your waist. I've been cutting for a few weeks and have 1.5 inches on the waist and even this small amount makes a big difference.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  270 lbs.
    Answers

lookin great. quite a transformation. how long do you plan on cutting before you begin a bulk again?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

The difference in your back is awesome.
    NSCA - CSCS
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by swollwilliams View Post
    lookin great. quite a transformation. how long do you plan on cutting before you begin a bulk again?
    I was thinking the end of the Australian summer - end of feb... so when autumn/fall starts in March. Thats another 5 weeks to lose that remaining 4-5cm but with the plateau I've hit now I might struggle to get there - oh well.

I might be moving houses at that time too - to some small outback town which may not have a gym... (or at least a squat rack!)... so if that happens I'm in **** creek for about half a year until I return to the city cause I wont be able to eat heavy and lift
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Answers

nice legs man!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Answers

too small and too weak!
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Answers

throw in some e/c to break the plateau
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by panther77 View Post
    throw in some e/c to break the plateau
    e/c?
  10. FNG
    Banned
    Answers

Ephedrine/Caffeine.

Excellent progress, man.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Answers

awesome job man
    Your fastest weight is your best weight
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Ephedrine is illegal here in Australia. No chance as far as I know to get my hands on an ECA stack

I got no clue about taking caffeine, how much etc and if its worth it alone or even with the A-sperine?

I got something from my store called "Meta Slim B2" (I think mainly guarana)... apparently works well for a lot of people and from what I've googled on other forums people liked it.. gives a good energy boost... but if its helping me or not I dont know
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Awesome dude, around 205-208 you'll look shredded!
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lmaiuri View Post
    Awesome dude, around 205-208 you'll look shredded!
    Haha I think with my current size I'd have to be about 180 to be shredded... god forbid maybe even a little less... but as for 205-210... another 2 years maybe of good eating and heavy compound lifts...?

I'm over the cut! hate it...!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 3 year progress pics...what a journey
    By ammoarsenal in forum Pics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 06:52 AM
  2. My Progress Pics one year story
    By SELFofGOD in forum Pics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 06:44 PM
  3. 1 year progress pics.