2+ Years...Before and After

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.28%

2+ Years...Before and After

The before picture is a little over 2 years before the after picture. I lost about 60 pounds of fat. I gained most of the weight a few years back when I went on a bunch of meds and I blew up. Before that I was a good athlete and worked out a lot so I had a base......most of my life I was in shape and strong. .

I did all this slowly and did not set time goals for weight loss because I did not want to get frustrated. I just made up my mind that I wanted my life back. I was on a bunch of meds and had several health issues that have since become non issues. I felt like sh*t all the time and my hated the way I looked.

I slowly changed my diet. I cut out sweets first but let myself have them on special occasions...I never missed them and still do not. I also slowly cut my portions down and the weight consistently began to fall off. After I lost about 30 pounds, I began to exercise because I began to feel good physically. I know some people say that you should start exercising right of the bat but for me it was humiliating being the fat guy struggling on the treadmill....so I waited until my body was ready....ie knees etc. When I started I just did 15 minutes on the bike or treadmill and slowly stepped it up. I did something every day. I began to feel better physically and mentally.

About 5 months before this pic I began to lift again. This picture was about six months ago and I am still progressing. I have had some back issues that have kinda held me back a little but I am just happy to be where I am at. I want to lose another 15 pounds of fat and continue to put on muscle. No time limits etc.....I just want to get there....that is the most important thing.

So, what did I learn? First, focus on the process not the end result.....I know many will say that is crazy but what I mean is that you have to love the process of eating right and working out.....you cannot say I want to lose this weight and then hate every moment until you get there....that ends in failure EVERY time. Second, it is never too late and you are never to fat. Never. I am a 38 year old single dad of 4 kids. I have recently gotten engaged but during the process of losing the weight....I was single.....I did not have tons of time to get to the gym but I did and still do.

Anyway, check these pics out......I cannot believe that was actually me in the before pic.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.28%

3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.28%

OK, I wrote all that and I cannot post the pictures....how gay is that? Help...anyone
    •   

4. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Give me the link to your page...
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.28%
  6. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by triton185 View Post
    The before picture is a little over 2 years before the after picture. I lost about 60 pounds of fat. I gained most of the weight a few years back when I went on a bunch of meds and I blew up. Before that I was a good athlete and worked out a lot so I had a base......most of my life I was in shape and strong. .

I did all this slowly and did not set time goals for weight loss because I did not want to get frustrated. I just made up my mind that I wanted my life back. I was on a bunch of meds and had several health issues that have since become non issues. I felt like sh*t all the time and my hated the way I looked.

I slowly changed my diet. I cut out sweets first but let myself have them on special occasions...I never missed them and still do not. I also slowly cut my portions down and the weight consistently began to fall off. After I lost about 30 pounds, I began to exercise because I began to feel good physically. I know some people say that you should start exercising right of the bat but for me it was humiliating being the fat guy struggling on the treadmill....so I waited until my body was ready....ie knees etc. When I started I just did 15 minutes on the bike or treadmill and slowly stepped it up. I did something every day. I began to feel better physically and mentally.

About 5 months before this pic I began to lift again. This picture was about six months ago and I am still progressing. I have had some back issues that have kinda held me back a little but I am just happy to be where I am at. I want to lose another 15 pounds of fat and continue to put on muscle. No time limits etc.....I just want to get there....that is the most important thing.

So, what did I learn? First, focus on the process not the end result.....I know many will say that is crazy but what I mean is that you have to love the process of eating right and working out.....you cannot say I want to lose this weight and then hate every moment until you get there....that ends in failure EVERY time. Second, it is never too late and you are never to fat. Never. I am a 38 year old single dad of 4 kids. I have recently gotten engaged but during the process of losing the weight....I was single.....I did not have tons of time to get to the gym but I did and still do.

Anyway, check these pics out......I cannot believe that was actually me in the before pic.

Here's the first post with the pictures...
    Great progress, by the way!
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.28%

Thanks Iron Lungz!!!
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.26%

LOL nice work , you look completely different dude
    Bench - 355
    Squat - 405
    Deadlift - 600
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

thats incredible man, i bet some people barely recognize you! inspirational!
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.78%

Congrats man that is just awesome work right there. You should be proud of yourself!
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.51%

Bravo!!!!!!
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.16%

Awesome work. Makes me realize that I reach my fitness goals as well. Keep up the great job!!
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.14%

Awesome!! Keep up the hard work.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.54%

Great job man,
    very strong chest!
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Great work,.. keep it up!!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.09%

congrats.... major difference. i know the feeling. i've lost a lot of bodyfat and gained a lot of muscle. i'm anxious to see the difference after this hdrol cycle.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 01:29 PM
  2. Been 10 years
    By Gharet in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-09-2008, 11:37 AM
  3. 13 Years Old
    By GRIFF1966 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 03:33 AM
  4. 2 years out