2 quick question

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.5%

2 quick question

Hey guys im just getting in to bodybuilding and i have two questions. Can somebody try and give me an estimate of my bodyfat? And is there any chance i have gyno?

Like i said i just started lifting. Ive always been on the overweight side but i seem to hold weight in the chest and stomach the most...im want to cut down and get my diet in check before i try to do anything else though.
    Sorry the pics arent very good i dont have a real camera.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

it's possible you might have gyno from puberity, a bit anyway. i would ask your doc the next time you see him to check, he can feel the glands and tell you. if it's just fat, like most of mine was, it will start to take shape and start to look more attractive as time goes on. i too hold my fat in the chest and stomach. i can tell you this, after about a year or so of dieting and lifting, my chest is huge for my frame but hard and pretty defined.......your's will be too if you start now and do this lifestyle for more than 3 months, which is where most people stop. keep with it, make it a lifelong commitment not a hobby. if you want a hobby, i suggest fishing or bowling
  3. M16
    IBE Rep
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.86%

As far as BF is concerned it's really hard to tell when just looking at a pic online....You seem to hold a good bit in your midsection{which is common} and not so much everywhere else...Don't worry about the numbers % wise as it does not mean anything anyways...My rule of thumb is "if you don't look lean then your not lean". IMO the mirror is by far the best judgement of the body...Scale weight and BF numbers are all secondary.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.39%

Definitely true....don't worry about the numbers just dedicate yourself to getting your body in the shape you want it to be. The mirror is the best thing to go by, numbers don't mean anything until your partially satisfied. Then I would begin to worry about numbers imo. Just push yourself to get the results you want and they will come soon enough. Just remember like stated above, lifting is not a hobby, it's a way of life.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.53%

Also, if you're old enough, along with reduced cal diet and lifting maybe try some trans formestane. Could help with the chest fat.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.5%

thanks guys i appreciate it...and good point about the numbers number 1 priority is the mirror...and im 20 so idk the trans formestane...i was thinking about getting a product like slim extreme to help with appetite suppresion because i always seem to be starving and find it hard to stay on a clean diet
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.53%

Don't cut out too many calories. You need to put on some muscle and recomp more than cut. I'd recommend some RPM for preworkout and a routine like GVT. Works pretty well.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.5%

@ jordinator- how many calories a day would you recomend? do you think it would be better to do a recomp or just lose the fat first and then clean bulk? and for preworkout ive had nano vapor for awhile i just havent used it because i havent been able to lift consistently and wont until i go back to school next week
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.53%

I think you should focus on gaining muscle and not shedding fat. If you do some weight lifting that will elevate your test. In turn you'll end up recomping, instead of just losing fat and muscle and turning into a flabby mess. I'd recommend you eat maintenance cals and pickup some BCAA's if you don't have them. Look up German volume training. Do that with like 25-30 mins of cardio 3x/wk. It'll work if you stick with it.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.65%

Quote Originally Posted by Jordinator View Post
    I think you should focus on gaining muscle and not shedding fat.
    I completely agree.

Gaining lean body mass (LBM) will increase your metabolism and help you burn fat. Also suggest adjusting your diet considerably. You need more protein - begin with 1 gram per lb of LBM per day. In order to get this you'll need to get your body fat percentage (or at least a really good guess).

Suggest starting with the standard 40/40/20 (protein/carbs/fat) ratio and go from there.

Take a look at the nutrition area in here.

Chuck
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.5%

hey guys sorry for taking so long i completely forgot about this thread....i have changed my diet quiet a bit....im doing the anabolic diet..im using it to cut but not heavily and it seems like ive been gaining muscle too...im guessing because i had lost alot over the past 5 months and muscle memory or whatever....thanks for the info though! and do u guys agree with what im trying to do or no?
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.68%

I'd say you're in the 20-22% BF range. I don't know about gyno (hard lumps under your nipples would be a dead give away) but you've got some excess fat there for sure. First and foremost, start lifting.

Pick up Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe.

That will guide you. Learn your compound lifts. You need to build muscle. That muscle will in turn burn calories to sustain itself. No offense, but right now, you have no shape - no muscle mass. Build a foundation and you'll shed fat in the process. Keep your diet high in protein, moderate in fats and just enough carbs to fuel your performance and you'll cut fat in addition to building muscle. There really isn't a magic bullet or some secret voodoo to this. Eat to fuel your performance, not for pleasure (my biggest downfall lol), lift hard and heavy 3 x's a week, do cardio 2-3 times a week and YOU WILL CHANGE your physique.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.5%

Quote Originally Posted by OutWorkU View Post
    I'd say you're in the 20-22% BF range. I don't know about gyno (hard lumps under your nipples would be a dead give away) but you've got some excess fat there for sure. First and foremost, start lifting.

Pick up Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe.

That will guide you. Learn your compound lifts. You need to build muscle. That muscle will in turn burn calories to sustain itself. No offense, but right now, you have no shape - no muscle mass. Build a foundation and you'll shed fat in the process. Keep your diet high in protein, moderate in fats and just enough carbs to fuel your performance and you'll cut fat in addition to building muscle. There really isn't a magic bullet or some secret voodoo to this. Eat to fuel your performance, not for pleasure (my biggest downfall lol), lift hard and heavy 3 x's a week, do cardio 2-3 times a week and YOU WILL CHANGE your physique.

ya i got my bf test a couple days after that picture and i was 20%....anyways no offense taken i know i have very little muscle and ive been lifting probably 4 times a week since i got back to school....ive been doing some of the major compunds like squats, deadlifts, bench cant think of the others...as for the diet right now im doing about 50% protein 40% Fats and 10% carbs during the week.....as for magic... /forum/supplement-articles/134492-trainer-stars-discovers.html this guy says there is and i believe him jk i cant post full link because i dont quite have 50 posts yet. thanks for the advice!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Just a quick question..
    By Fatal Wisdom in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 03:28 PM
  2. quick question
    By Salyers1121 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 08:07 PM
  3. Quick Question on HCG use
    By Thracian in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13