progress pics

socrates

Awards
This was at a weight of about 165-167lbs taken in June. My max weight at the time had been 173lbs while on creatine.

socrates

Awards
These were taken in mid august after my first ph cycle. I took 1-ad for 4 weeks building up to 5 capsules per day. I gained 13 lbs and weighed 180.

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Fukin ripped bro, look a hell of a lot bigger then 165 in your first sets!

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Nice work brother. And i'm talkin' about both sets of pics. Lots of determination to get as ripped as you are. Have you done any comps yet?

If not, you should dude.

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
He is from Forcedrep.com I am too. We have been trying to talk him into it forever. He doesn't even really diet down to get that ripped. I am so damn jealous.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
He is from Forcedrep.com I am too. We have been trying to talk him into it forever. He doesn't even really diet down to get that ripped. I am so damn jealous.

:eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: Damn bro, you'd better get on that. Nah, I'm just kidding, but if I were you, I'd be up on stage. Good luck with your future gains.

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
No doubt! You should def compete. You are ripped the f**k up.

Power Nutrition

Holy Vascularity Batman.

You are one lean bro....good job!

socrates

Awards
Thanks guys. Sifu posted a link from forcedreps for me to get here. Great forum you have.
I still think I'd need alot more size to compete but I appreciate the props. My avatar by the way was taken in July.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
jeez, fucking ripped to shreds!!

Nice work socrates, clearly some dedication there. Great vascularity, veins under the lower abs, striations apparent.....sweet :)

Fender85

Awards
I'm very impressed Socrates. Keep up the good work, and go do some comps!!

Chris

Jynx

Banned
Awards
I can't belive you were only 165lbs. I remember when I was that weight, and well.. lol nothing to show but flab. Dude I'd love to know your diet and workout routine prior to the PH, your like my new motivation.. I've love to have the same composition, slender waist, and proportionate arms, chest, traps..

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
I'm curious as to what your BF is? I've never seen anyone so ripped!!!

socrates

Awards
I can't belive you were only 165lbs. I remember when I was that weight, and well.. lol nothing to show but flab. Dude I'd love to know your diet and workout routine prior to the PH, your like my new motivation.. I've love to have the same composition, slender waist, and proportionate arms, chest, traps..
Thank you.
Dietwise I pretty much keep my carbs relatively low at around 100g on most days. The exception were on the days before I would box (twice a week). I found I needed to up the carbs to 200g or else I run out of wind. Otherwise I have no problem operating and working out with only this much carbs. I consume somewhere between 180-220g of protein. The rest of my calories are from fats. I consume alot of flax seed oil. I rarely measure how much I put in my shakes but when I did it was about 2-3 tablespoons per shake and I have at least 2 per day. I eat pretty clean (by my definition) about 75% of the year.
My routine trainingwise has pretty much stayed the same before and after I used the ph. Only chage I made was lowering the reps and going for heavier weights because I felt alot stronger on 1-ad. But I was doing only 2-3 worksets per bodypart and 2-3 exercises. Probably about 6-8 sets on the larger bodyparts. Because of a recent back injury I upped my sets and reps and timing my rest as well since I have to use lighter weights. I give priority to deltoids (especially rear delts) as well as calves. Current routine:
Sunday- chest, biceps/ forearms
Monday- calves, quads, delts
Tuesday- abs, upper back
Wdnesday- calves, hamstrings, triceps
Friday- calves, quads, abs, rear delts
I'm hitting quads and calves more frequently now because I can only do leg extensions and leg curls. I'm giving my lower back a few more weeks before I'll start incorporating fronts squats and deadlift variations.

socrates

Awards
I'm curious as to what your BF is? I've never seen anyone so ripped!!!
According to the calipers I use...about 7-8% year round. A few times a year though I try to get to about 5%. Not sure of their accuracy though.

I'm 5'10" by the way.

socrates

Awards
nice stuff, got any leg shots?
I have some recent shots in my new digital camera but have no way of downloading them. These shots were taken last May I believe...I do consider my delts and lower body my weak points.

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Jesus bro, i'd be hitting up CK photo shoots for sure, or atleast up on stage getting 20 dollar bills stuffed down my pants............. :D

goes4ever

Awards
  • Established
you look lower than 7-8%, you are ripped as hell, good job!

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
He does some model shoots guys, if anyone here has any contacts, I think we should hook him up!

socrates

Awards
I don't really model. I have a talent agent that sends me out for auditions and go-sees. Having no talent and being abit camera shy I usually freeze up during my auditions. Still, once a year I usually still land something relatively lucrative on pure dumb luck. Haven't done any printwork though.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
F'ing incredible physique Socrates. Nice work to say the least!

DoGMaN

Awards
Damn!! I'd kill to be that lean. Never gonna happen though. Nice work man.

good_guye28

Awards
  • Established
i gotta tell you bro, i personally think everyone on this board would love to look like you. i wish i could only diet that tight. i have gotten to 8%before but never looked like that, plus i had to go to 156lbs to there a few year ago.... i only dream

socrates

Awards
i gotta tell you bro, i personally think everyone on this board would love to look like you. i wish i could only diet that tight. i have gotten to 8%before but never looked like that, plus i had to go to 156lbs to there a few year ago.... i only dream
I've been working out most of my life...but on and off. Probably as much on as off. After a long layoff it was 5 years ago that I started working out again and have been consistent ever since. I was 155lbs then. Probably trying to remain lean year round has slowed my progresss which amounts to less than 20lbs in 5 years before my first ph cycle.

Thanks again for the props, everyone. :)

I believe this pic was taken around 1999 within the first 6 months of workingout again. I was about 156lbs.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
what the heck are you doing to be so lean?! jesus

outstanding results

Jynx

Banned
Awards
His body composition is just so perfect which blows my mind, big and lean but perfectly proportionate all around. Like I said before, I'd love to look like that, but I see myself looking more bulky all around where as I rather be as slender all around.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Damn! You are one ripped up motherfu*ker!! Now THAT's what I want to look like! Great work bro!

socrates

Awards
Again, thanks for all the props guys. :)
Very much appreciated.

My current measurements are:
ht 5'10"
wt 171-173lbs
chest 44-45"
waist 27 3/4"
thigh(r.) 23 7/8"
calf(r.) 16 1/4"
arm(r.) 17 1/4"

Unfortunately there's anywhere between 1/4-1/3" difference between left and right sides. My priority currently is to get my calves up at least another inch and would be thrilled to get my thighs to 25".

jaketparker

Awards
looking damn good bro, i would kill to have a waist that size. having a waist that small makes you look a hell of a lot bigger than 170 lbs.

socrates

Awards
These were taken in the past week... Unfortunately one of the worse times my diet has been but have been compensating with abit of cardio... Anyway... some recent leg shots as well...

frofan

Awards
Look amazing bro! If you have some time, could you email me your full routine? I need a change up and whatever your doing is working for you!

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
I've been working out most of my life...but on and off. Probably as much on as off. After a long layoff it was 5 years ago that I started working out again and have been consistent ever since. I was 155lbs then. Probably trying to remain lean year round has slowed my progresss which amounts to less than 20lbs in 5 years before my first ph cycle.

Thanks again for the props, everyone. :)

I believe this pic was taken around 1999 within the first 6 months of workingout again. I was about 156lbs.
How did you look so good in only 6 months? Did you do other sports?

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
hmm... yeah, I'm gonna kill you.

:D seriously, that's fucking excellent bro... if only I could look that lean with appreciable mass @ 6'4" and not turn into a goddam string bean. you have the ideal physique for your size, much kudos to you! (AND, you've got the complete package, didn't skimp on the legs, etc. extremely balanced, I bow down to that **** :)

socrates

Awards
How did you look so good in only 6 months? Did you do other sports?
Even when I wasn't working out with weights I was somewhat active hitting the heavy bag and skipping rope regularly. When I stay away from the gym I actually lose weight and just aren't as hard.
When I first started working out again if I remember correctly I was doing a keto diet (under 20g of carbs per day) along with a HIT type routine.

Greenguy

Awards
  • Established
Even when I wasn't working out with weights I was somewhat active hitting the heavy bag and skipping rope regularly. When I stay away from the gym I actually lose weight and just aren't as hard.
When I first started working out again if I remember correctly I was doing a keto diet (under 20g of carbs per day) along with a HIT type routine.
You remind me of my late hero Bruce Lee, except bigger and stronger!

Greenguy

Lock_n_Load

Awards
The only thing I know, is that I know nothing. *Socrates*

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
all i can say:

i'm jealous

before I saw this thread I thought your avatar was of some fitness model or your goal....then i saw it was actually you. thats bad ass man. you have definately 'created the illusion' of being HUGE...and it looks damn good. peace.

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
now , I know you have a big head because of this thread but I am going to sell it to you straight.....
I have seen and had alot of friends with good genetics.
Yours seem to be better.
What is your ethnic background?
I am 225 and fat I would kill for your physique dude.
i consider my self to be descently strong. If you can bench more than 330 i am going to go on a drinking binge.

socrates

Awards
Thanks guys.

now , I know you have a big head because of this thread but I am going to sell it to you straight.....
I have seen and had alot of friends with good genetics.
Yours seem to be better.
What is your ethnic background?
I am 225 and fat I would kill for your physique dude.
i consider my self to be descently strong. If you can bench more than 330 i am going to go on a drinking binge.
I was born in the Phillipines.
And you'll have to drop that glass for now, my max bench when weighing 175lbs is only 315lbs. :)
I don't know if I'll ever reach my goal to double myweight.
Thanks again.

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
i bet if you, (god forbid), carb loaded for a week or two , your strength would explode like you have never seen.
anyways, looking phenomenal soc,
still jealous

socrates

Awards
i bet if you, (god forbid), carb loaded for a week or two , your strength would explode like you have never seen.
anyways, looking phenomenal soc,
still jealous
I think I did carb and fat load the whole of December. ;)
thanks agains, Kelsey.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ye yep.. as always, looking good Zar!

This fatty bo batty bows down as well.

A