Before and after, and before again! Lots of pics

BBR

BBR

Awards
Hey guys, here's a stack of pics I took yesterday. I took them because I'm about to run a log for Animal M-Stack so I thought I should have some recent pics to use as a comparison.
Just for fun, I've included some pics of me before I lost weight too. I'd love to hear people's advice and criticisms on my physique based on what you see here.
Anyway, any reply is appreciated.

And now how I USED to look:

I have more before photos laying around if anyone wants to see :)

Last edited:
bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
good job buddy!..what a transformation man!:thumbsup:

n87

Awards
  • Established
Wow, look like a completely different person. Good job!

SemperFi9999

Awards
Nice work! I'm sure you feel much better about yourself now.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
That is an incredible transformation. Very awesome.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
i hope your getting laid more cause thats a seriously fkn awesome transformation!

BBR

BBR

Awards
Thanks for all the compliments guys. It's awesome to got props from people who are as into bobybuilding as I am. We are always the harshest critics, what most people see as 'fit', we see as 'lagging delts' hahaha :)

BBR

BBR

Awards
Here's some more before photos for ya, I was a lotta man!

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
ps how long did it all take

what was the weight loss roughly

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
First of all, great transformation!
Secondly, what was your main inspiration to lose weight? I'm just curious - I like to hear what drives some.
Reps for sure.
:thumbsup:

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BBR again.

Amazing!

BBR

BBR

Awards
You're a gentleman and a scholar Cub, we seem to have cause to rep each other quite a bit huh?
Soseg ... I lost 65kg and it took about 14months. That equates to approximately a kilo a week for over a year. It's great to lose weight that fast, but now I have quite a bit of loose skin around my midsection.
Iron Lungz .. Honestly man? I was miserable my whole life, I'd lie to myself and say that I "carried it well", but how "well" can you carry 141kg at my height! I began having heart problems and getting sick all the time. I went to the family doctor and he told me straight out, with no padding, if I didn't lose weight I'd be dead by the time I'm 40. To me, that wasn't f**king acceptable. That was when I decided it was time to lose weight.
Now that I've lost it, I still have some health issues as a result. I have fatty liver disease (mild, but it's there), low iron and low testosterone. I was on Sustanon 250 but the dose was so low that they were willing to prescribe that it wasn't really doing anything. I decided to stop the injections because the frequent blood tests prevented me from using any supplements given that any 'higher than average' test readings would like very suspicious.
Thanks again for all the compliments, it's awesome getting recognition by people such as yourselves.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's unreal. I know a few guys at the gym who have dropped a considerable amount of weight and they also have loose skin around their midsection. What ways, apart from surgery, are there to try and tighten it up a bit? What about Bio-Oil or Vitamin-E cream? Both are meant to be good for stretch marks too. There's probably threads on the issue. I'll have to have a look.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
give it time first i think with the lose skin it will even out with time but as to how much? time will tell

the best thing is your comfortable in a shirt etc so who gives how you look at the beach thats only a bonus

i lost 20kg when i was 14 coz i was a bit chubby so ive been there... but ive never managed to get ripped or abs etc...it sticks around the chest etc but being 183cm tall.... i could drop into the low 70s and look stick thin so **** it... im bulking up... then ill ask the pro's how to cut down to 8% or less and try maintain as much muscle

BBR

BBR

Awards
Yeah, I've come to the realisation that with this skin I will never be ultra ripped, at least not around the midsection. My only option is to stack on massive amounts of lean mass and hope it fills out.
Cub .. I've used lots of creams etc. but nothing seems to work. My problem is that I have so much loose skin that I doubt it will never totally elasitcise back in. Realistically if I wanted to look 'normal' I'd need surgery. $13000 for a tummy tuck though is a lot of supplements!

boo99

boo99

Awards
That is f***ing AMAZING:)

GREAT work and Im sure you busted ya ass to get there man!!

Boo:thumbsup:

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome work! I am curious about how your face looks because you look much older than 25 in the second set of "before" pics. It is amazing how much younger people look when they drop wt.

You are so lean yet muscular, more like a person that was skinny before and then bulked up. Usually people feel satisfied when they drop the wt and look good in comparison. You definitely were not satisfied to simply lose wt, you got RIPPED!

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Great transformation buddy. You look like a completely different person!

BBR

BBR

Awards
Thanks guys :) No I wasn't satisfied to just drop the fat. I always wanted to be a 'fit guy' but never thought it was possible. I had it in my head that my ultimate goal in life was to have a 6-pack, but I've since set my goals higher than that hahaha.
I honestly think if I hadn't hit the weights, I wouldn't have lost as much weight and I probably just would've ended up being saggy and soft.
There's a lot to be said for cardio in conjunction with diet and weights, rather than just cardio and diet. I think weights are severely overlooked in weight loss programs. The boost to metabolic rate etc. are incredibly helpful.
I also didn't realise how old I looked in those before pics until you just pointed it out. Weird hey? People usually associate 'baby fat' with being young etc, but I just looked tired and miserable.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
My change has not been quite as dramatic, but I still don't have my diet 100% in check. I agree with you on the weight loss only thing. I was doing that at first and dropped quite a bit of weight and just looked soft. I then changed my outlook and wanted to look solid with muscle tone. I know my philosophy shift has cost me some lbs, but I am stronger and more fit than I was at my lightest weight.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
serious progress!

i want fat mans calves. and your biceps :)

BBR

BBR

Awards
Hahaha, the downside to fat man calves is having to be fat to get them ;)

BBR

BBR

Awards
The funny thing is, Dad's legs are tiny and never grew no matter how much he lifted. My Mum must be the source, fear her calves!

LoPips20

LoPips20

Awards
Great job so far. Try and bulk up your triceps a tiny bit. Seem to be smaller when compared to the biceps. It will make your arms look even bigger. Anyways though, Great work, keep it up!!!!

BBR

BBR

Awards
Thanks man, you're right though my tris need bulking up. I can never seem to get a good hit on the long head of my tricep, the lateral head always seems to take over. I really struggle with it. I also think that long head is considerably weaker.

LoPips20

LoPips20

Awards
Yea, don't get me wrong theyre in great shape, just somewhat smaller compared to the bi's. don't fret though. you should see my calves compared to my thighs, its so bad. anyways yea idk im always a fan of skull crushers with heavy weight. just a personal opinion

BBR

BBR

Awards
Yeah a few people have said that about skullcrushers, I can never seem to get the right feeling though. It always feels more like my shoulder?

boo99

boo99

Awards
Yeah a few people have said that about skullcrushers, I can never seem to get the right feeling though. It always feels more like my shoulder?

they are great mass builders

what do u mean feels more like my shoulder?

you are feeling it in your delts and not ya tris?

if so ----either the form is off or the weight is too high for you or both....

when I started them, I had to lower the weight to get correct form and feel it in the tris and form is key here as it is in all exercises...

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
hm this makes me want to start a discussion for the tris....

skull crushers vs tricep dips vs close grip bench... ?

BBR

BBR

Awards
Sorry I should've been more clear. Yes I meant my delts. I've tried going light, but in order to get perfect form, I end up going to light that I don't even get a pump out of it, as a result I've avoided skullcrushers.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lost 65kg and 20 years by the looks of it - hows it feel to be 25 again???

Big Kudos to you BBR :thumbsup:

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Yes, awesome job,.. you should be very proud of yourself!

LoPips20

LoPips20

Awards
the key to skull crushers is keeping your elbows locked in. you could also try dumbell crushes. you sit down on a 45 degree bench ex. shoulder press bench. and you have someone lift a dumbbell over your head. then you do like connected triangle type grip and push directly up. I wish i could describe the grip better. kind looks like a weird gang symbol haha

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the key to skull crushers is keeping your elbows locked in. you could also try dumbell crushes. you sit down on a 45 degree bench ex. shoulder press bench. and you have someone lift a dumbbell over your head. then you do like connected triangle type grip and push directly up. I wish i could describe the grip better. kind looks like a weird gang symbol haha
I prefer my skull crushers on an inclined bench

BBR

BBR

Awards
LoPips .. You actually described that pretty damn well :)
Jakellpet .. I've actually been doing 'face crushers' on a flat bench lately. I use two light dumbells and hold my arms in front of me, bent at the elbows (imagine a boxing stance type situation), arms pointed towards my head. I then do what is essentially a reverse hammer curl. Raising the dumbell from right in front of my face, by straightening my amr.
Cub ... Yeah you're right. Like many things I'm discovering, form is everything. I've only recently started doing this exercise and I'm just starting to feel some kind of burn in the underside of my arms.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I prefer my skull crushers on an inclined bench
I do as well. i havent done them in forever of any incline due to elbow troubles. may try them. they hit the triceps real good this way.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
decline ones take stress off elbow and put it on the tricep. try them sometime