Pheromonal influences on sociosexual behavior in young women - AnabolicMinds.com

Pheromonal influences on sociosexual behavior in young women

1. Brewing Anabolic Minds

Pheromonal influences on sociosexual behavior in young women

Quote Originally Posted by Physiol Behav. 2002 Mar;75(3):367-75
    Physiol Behav. 2002 Mar;75(3):367-75. Related Articles, Links

Pheromonal influences on sociosexual behavior in young women.

McCoy NL, Pitino L.

Department of Psychology, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA 94132-4168, USA. mccoy@sfsu.edu

A double-blind, placebo-controlled study of a synthesized putative female pheromone was conducted with regularly menstruating, university women (N=36, mean age=27.8). The pheromone formula was derived from earlier work investigating the underarm secretions of fertile, sexually active, heterosexual women. A vial of either synthesized pheromone or placebo was selected blindly and added to a subject's perfume. Subjects recorded seven sociosexual behaviors and reported them weekly across three menstrual cycles. Beginning with Day 8 of each cycle, the first cycle contained a 2-week baseline period followed by an experimental period of as many as 3 weeks each from the next two cycles for a maximum of 6 weeks. The 19 pheromone and 17 placebo subjects did not differ significantly in age, weight, body mass index, dating status or ethnicity nor in reported accuracy, back-filling data, perception of a positive effect or perfume use. Placebo subjects were significantly taller than pheromone subjects. Except for male approaches, subjects did not differ significantly at baseline in average weekly sociosexual behaviors. A significantly greater proportion of pheromone users compared with placebo users increased over baseline in frequency of sexual intercourse, sleeping next to a partner, formal dates and petting/affection/kissing but not in frequency of male approaches, informal dates or masturbation. Three or more sociosexual behaviors increased over baseline for 74% of pheromone users compared with 23% of placebo users. We conclude that this synthesized pheromone formula acted as a sex attractant pheromone and increased the sexual attractiveness of women to men.
    Small sample group but the results are very significant!

Chemo

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I've heard those SFSU chicks were easy and this proves it!

Yeah but it doesn't state whether there were significant differences between the two groups in the "hottie" department. This qualitative and subjective variable is uncontrolled in this experiment.
  3. Banned

Actually it looks like the Placebo group, being significantly taller, may have had the upper hand...you don't see a lot of short models.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yes and no. Shorter women are desirable to larger array of men in terms of height. If the girl is taller than the guy the guy is often intimidated or at least feels that the girl won't be as receptive. So i think tall women have fewer options in some regards.

My wife is 5'9" and considered guys who are shorter than her less than desirable. Not saying this is right or wrong, people's preferences are people's preferences but a lot of girls want to "feel" petite and pretty much like men feeling big and brawny with a tiny girlfreind.
  5. Banned

I guess...just tell me how many modelling agencies even consider girls under 5' 9". My sister models and I know the answer already, it's zero...but yes, there are a lot of short guys, and they don't like to be shorter than the girl.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Well, I kinda don't liken models to what the average person trying to hook up in a social setting as being in the same category.
  7. Banned

Gotcha...in that case maybe the placebo group was less likely to hook up then.
  8. Brewing Anabolic Minds

The only difference between the two groups was that the placebo control group was taller...which should have skewed the results toward the placebo group. However, this was not the case and actually opposite the results! Does this lend credance to pheromone use? I think so...

Chemo

Similar Forum Threads

1. Resistance training in overweight women on a ketogenic diet
    By WORKOUT COACH in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 09:54 PM
  2. how many cycles of 4 on 4 off in a row?
    By albanese9 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 03:45 PM
  3. Free shipping on all chems in stock
    By Hugh_Heifer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-17-2003, 03:04 AM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 03:12 PM
  5. Testosterone and its influence on prostate cancer??
    By windwords7 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-27-2002, 04:38 PM