Question

Omar157

Awards
Can anyone tell me the differnce between a prohormone and a steroid?

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
wrong section.

Practically no difference, Technically speaking however a prohormone or PH (NOT a 'Pheromone') is a compound that converts to a steroid after it enters your body.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wrong section.

Practically no difference, Technically speaking however a prohormone or PH (NOT a 'Pheromone') is a compound that converts to a steroid after it enters your body.
There's a huge difference. A PH is a compound that has to be converted before it becomes an active steroid. Some have their own intrinsic activity, but they generally lack any activity of their own. A steroid is an active hormone within the body and does not need to be converted.

For example:

M1,4ADD is a PH to dianabol that has ~15% conversion ratio
4AD is a PH to testosterone

Those are PHs that have to go through conversion before they really do anything. Now, the target steroid (e.g. test) needs no conversion before it is "active" within the body.

Omar157

Awards
Wow, i'm really in the dark. Which is better? Safer? Easier to get?

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
There's a huge difference. A PH is a compound that has to be converted before it becomes an active steroid. Some have their own intrinsic activity, but they generally lack any activity of their own. A steroid is an active hormone within the body and does not need to be converted.

For example:

M1,4ADD is a PH to dianabol that has ~15% conversion ratio
4AD is a PH to testosterone

Those are PHs that have to go through conversion before they really do anything. Now, the target steroid (e.g. test) needs no conversion before it is "active" within the body.
Rodja, I see how it's a huge technical difference but for all practical purposes is int it a moot point? Or is there something to be said for the percentage of the PH that doesn't get converted? Or is there an aspect I'm compleatly missing?

saemc

Awards
There is quite a difference-its an easy one to research.;)