How Good is the New PEScience Select Cafe Series? Review Compilation Thread

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    How Good is the New PEScience Select Cafe Series? Review Compilation Thread


    REVIEW COMPILATION FOR PESCIENCE SELECT CAFE SERIES


    Name:  cafeseries.jpg
Views: 2034
Size:  153.7 KB

    Compare for yourself:

    Name:  30334e9d-a8ac-4a52-acdd-11d125ae67dc.png
Views: 1826
Size:  30.8 KB

    Select Cafe is not just new flavors of Select Protein, it's an all new treat of its own. You don't just shake it up in a shaker and drink it straight like a protein shake.

    It should be prepared like coffee. Either poured over a cup of ice, blended like a frappe, or mixed with a spoon with hot water.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    REVIEWS:



    Okay this EASILY the best protein I have probably ever tasted....I LOVE coffee...sweetened of course, and who doesn't love Caramel, and a combination of the two.... Made into protein, by my favourite brand @pescience yeah I literally can't even begin to explain how good this stuff is... @bdccarpenter you WEREN'T lying with this one...unbelievable!! On this super sunny day (and the hideous temperature, this stuff over ice = #theone
    To start things off I made the Classic Iced coffee with the Iced Mocha flavor. I mixed 1 scoop of Iced Mocha with 6 oz of cold water and shook in a shaker cup, I'll try this with almond milk at some point. Then I poured the drink over a glass filled with ice. This was so good, and very smooth! From the coffee to the mocha chocolatey flavor it was balanced and smooth. I think even a non coffee drinker would enjoy this as it wasn't overpowering. I really enjoyed this and think I'm going to go make another now



    The next drink I made was the Frappe Style with the Iced Mocha flavor. Since I like a strong drink I added a little more then 1 scoop of Iced Mocha to a blender with 4 oz of cold water and 1 cup of ice cubes. I blended until it was about the consistency of a Starbucks Frappuccino. It was a really hot day so the ice at the top melted down into the drink by the time I grabbed my cam. It was very good and a nice way to cool down on a hot day while getting in some protein. The flavor tasted nice and natural and I get a little bit more of the chocolate then the coffee flavor.



    I'm replacing my Tim Horton's and Starbucks with these right now. Much healthier and I can get in my protein
    The Classic Hot was the real test made with Iced Mocha. I've never had any luck adding protein powder to a hot liquid, it has always clumped together badly and I couldn't get it to dissolve. I added 8 oz of hot water to 1 scoop of Iced Mocha and there was very minor clumping. I began to stir with a spoon and it started to dissolve extremely well and after a minute or two is was completely dissolved. I've never been able to do that with a protein powder and hot liquid before! It tasted great just like a mocha, nice and chocolatey with a good sweetness.



    Ok I am going to start out that the original Select - PES Choc PB cup is one of my favorite proteins ever. High volume cotton candy is one of the best tasting pump supplements around. Anyone who has tried either can agree. I have used a lot of the PES line over the past 2 years and am happy to support a company with good products and very good company reps on the boards.

    Now as a whole I am new to drinking coffee( last 1.5 years) I pretty much stick to just hazelnut or french vanilla. Usually just black, or if I am at someone's home I'll have some light creamer if they have like a coldstone flavor or something.
    That being said I am not a HUGE fan of coffee flavored anything.

    HOwever..... PES was kind enough to send these out to me and I am going to discuss how I used them and what time of day.

    Caramel Macchiato-- This is the one I think I liked the best. I have made this as a 1.5 scoops shake with my normal breakfast, and have also mixed one scoop into my oatmeal and heated up. The smell of this is super good , I like this flavor because Its not overly coffee powered.

    Iced Mocha- this was my fiance favorite one- more chocolately and coffeeish IMO, this one I didn't mix in oats or any hot breakfast cereals but did have 2 scoops mid afternoon before going to the library for 3 hours.And thats was nice about this the 200mg of caffeine in this product provides a nice pick me up, and obv no crash, the same as having like a medium dunkin donuts coffee but with much better nutrition and satiety. Protein plus caffeine then studying=== home run

    Vanilla Frappe-- Who doesn't like "Basic Bi**h drinks" They have become so popular in society men, women hell even kids are drinking these. And this was a nice surprise. I actually never had one from starbucks but if its anything like this then WHOA. This has a nice sweet vanilla taste to it and its not like a stick to your teeth gritty or /after burp artificial but just like what the picture show, a creamy flavor. This I mixed in oats as well I like to cook my oats for like 3:45 seconds and suck all the water oat and practically turn it into a muffin . So the way I made this was that way. I also added it to regular hungry jack pancakes. 1.5 scoops( 150mg caffeine) and ate then hit the gym. It nice espc on off days to have a product that can help hit your macros plus provide some caffeine espc in the morning. I currently have been using core ZZZ on and off and that stuff makes you wake up still prettty tired so having this to help pick me up is huge.

    I would say this is going to be a growing category in the supplement/nutrition field becasue protein plus caffeine plus cofffee taste= save people money, calories and taste good.
    PES hit this out of the park
    I hit a hot version of Vanilla Frappe today in the morning, and it was definitely my favorite way to prepare the vanilla flavor thus far! I will repeat tomorrow because I didn't get a picture. It was excellent. The perfect replacement for a morning coffee! It was more tasty and delivers lots of great protein! I look forward to repeating tomorrow morning!

    I tried the Iced Mocha for the first time in 6 oz of Fairlife 2% milk heated up!
    thus far, the mocha flavor heated was my favorite by far! It is a killer flavor! I am really happy with it! 100/10! Yes meant the 100 haha
    I had the Iced Mocha flavor iced today in the morning! The flavor was great! The chocolate flavor is very smooth and the richness and sweetness are balanced well with the coffee aroma and flavor. I do prefer it warm, but having it iced was still very enjoyable.

    This Select Cafe series is excellent!

    I can't get enough of these frappes, I've been making them daily. Here is Caramel Macchiato done Frappe Style. I added a little more then 1 scoop of Caramel Macchiato to a blender with 4 oz of vanilla cashew milk and 1 cup of ice cubes. I then blended to around the consistency of a Starbucks Frappuccino. These are so good, a great creamy caramel flavor. These are a terrific way to get in your protein aside from the usual protein shake. Also, they give a nice little kick of energy.
    This time I made the Classic Iced coffee with the Caramel Macchiato flavor. I mixed 1 scoop of Caramel Macchiato with 8 oz of cashew milk and shook in a shaker cup. Then I poured the drink over a glass filled with ice. The caramel flavor was really great and smooth, although not much of a coffee flavor to it. The cashew milk helped to bring out more of the excellent caramel flavor and add to a nice creaminess. Very refreshing drink for a hot summer day



    From Social Media:


    YES I love the new @pescience Cafe Line! This product is perfect for me because a lot of times I wake up early to do my cardio. I don't like to eat a meal right before cardio, but also don't like working out fasted. So I had the Mocha flavor this morning before cardio and it hit the spot! It gave me the energy I needed to run sprints since it has 100mg of natural caffeine, but didn't make me feel too full, so I was able to get some good sprints in. I mixed mine with a cup of hot almond milk, topped it with some whipped cream, and it tasted like a delicious cup of hot chocolate☕️ ❤️ it's also way cheaper than spending money on barista made coffee, and seriously tastes just as good

    My morning pick-me-up: 1 scoop of @pescience Cafe Select Caramel Macchiato + 8 oz of unsweetened vanilla cashew milk, shaken, poured over ice. Tastes like a freaking latte milkshake. There's no protein aftertaste and it's soo good.
    Name:  cafe2.png
Views: 1526
Size:  748.0 KB
    So, in case anyone was curious, here's my review of @pescience Select Cafe Series Caramel Macchiato. Tried it yesterday morning iced. I mixed 1 scoop with 6 oz. of unsweetened cashew milk and poured it over ice. It was good. Tastes like my morning caramel coffee k-cups that I have always used. For some reason it reminds me of caramel popcorn, which is most def not a bad thing. Anyways, it is a little on the sweeter side but I prefer that with my protein drinks. Then, this morning I tried it hot. About 5 ounces of hot water, stirred in the protein with a few ounces of cashew milk and it's amazing! Love it. I'm really thinking my favorite way to make it will be as a frappe though. It just tastes like it would be a great refreshing drink as a blended frap and with some whip on top, YUM!! Anywho, I highly recommend it to anyone who likes coffee and caramel. It's definitely not over-powering in sweetness but it's just the right amount for my morning coffee drink!

    First and foremost, I'm a huge #coffee lover. On top of that, I love my fun/desserty Starbucks coffee drinks, but HATE how many carbs/sugar/calories they have for macro AND diabetic reasons.
    Secondly, some days I run late and don't have time to eat a real breakfast, but am able to make some coffee to run out the door. So why wouldn't I make coffee that has PROTEIN in it, to keep me fuller longer and help me hit my macros?? #nobrainder
    And third, I will sometimes get headaches in the morning if I don't have caffeine, and this product has 100mg of caffeine per serving. So yes, I was sold on the @pescience Select Cafe series. It's delicious and I'll definitely be trying the other flavors!
    TLDR: tastes great, caffeine, awesome macros, protein.

    Finally tried this today! It is SO good! Has 100mg of caffeine and 20g of protein per scoop! This is going to be replacing my coffee for sure! ��

    I ❤️ anything & everything coffee flavor so when @pescience came out with these, I jumped on the sale to buy them! SOO glad I did! ☕️ I purchased the #caramelmacchiato & the #icedmocha ���� The cool thing about these protein powders is that you can make it how you like it! Want it HOT? Mix with hot water or steamed cashew milk. Want it COLD? Make a frap by mixing 1 scoop with cashew milk, ice cubes and 1/2 tsp xanthum gum! ✔️✔️ @pescience you did it again!

    This iced Carmel macchiato drink is delightful!!! Only ice, water and 1 scoop!! 1 g of fat and 3.5 g of carbs and 20 g of protein!!!

    I was extremely skeptical to try this, but I really wanted to try something other then regular coffee and energy drinks to get a boost of energy. I must say, I'm highly impressed! I got the Carmel Macchiato flavor and mixed it with 8 oz of hot water. Very very good!

    I'm definitely digging the new @pescience cafe series select protein. Blended with ice and @fairlife , topped with fat free reddi wip, it tastes like a frappuccino! 20g protein and 100mg of caffeine per serving.

    Guys this stuff is amazing�� @pescience released protein coffee and I made a frappe with it this morning. So much yum!


    Some Examples of how Team PEScience enjoying the best:

    (examples shown here without direction were prepared by the label directions)

    JessieSchiefer
    This morning I made it Frappe Style - with Vanilla Frappe flavor. ���� add 1 scoop Select Cafe Protein to a blender with 4oz of unsweetened almond/cashew milk blend (water, milk or other milk substitute works), and 1 cup of ice. Then you just blend until desired consistency is reached. ����had to top it with whipped cream!
    Aesthetic.Adam
    I just mixed: •1 scoop @pescience Caramel Macchiato protein •1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk •1 cup cold brewed coffee •1 cup ice Shake well and enjoy!! ✨
    MarieWoldFitness
    KristinSarahFit
    Caramel Macchiato select blended with unsweetened vanilla cashew milk, caramel extract, stevia, and I've then topped with some fat free whipped cream.
    Metodispasov


    Obligatory Benjamin Carpenter Ab shot with his
    Mixed in a shaker and poured over ice
    More to come!

    Let us know your thoughts


    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com


  2. Ordered a caramel macchiato & an iced mocha. When I try them I'll post some feedback.
    •   
       


  3. Oh my. Even more excited for the shipment now!

    #GAMECHANGER
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

  4. Quote Originally Posted by JulzRulz View Post
    Ordered a caramel macchiato & an iced mocha. When I try them I'll post some feedback.
    When are you expecting shipment out of curiosity?
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

  5. No idea, im in EU and the USPS tracking is very limited.

    This is the last update

    "Your item arrived at our USPS facility in MIAMI, FL 33112 on August 20, 2016 at 1:45 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination".

    I guess within the next couple of weeks I should have it.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by JulzRulz View Post
    No idea, im in EU and the USPS tracking is very limited.

    This is the last update

    "Your item arrived at our USPS facility in MIAMI, FL 33112 on August 20, 2016 at 1:45 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination".

    I guess within the next couple of weeks I should have it.
    Where in Europe are you?

    To England, shipping from head office takes a pretty reliable 11 days (customs delays added onto that if an import surcharge needs paying).

    Some countries are a bit slower, for example the customs process in Sweden takes much longer than it does to the UK.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by JulzRulz View Post
    No idea, im in EU and the USPS tracking is very limited.

    This is the last update

    "Your item arrived at our USPS facility in MIAMI, FL 33112 on August 20, 2016 at 1:45 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination".

    I guess within the next couple of weeks I should have it.
    Understood. Keep us posted brother.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Bump, initial post updated, more still pouring in

    So much love for the cafe series on social media, seriously, we have amazing fans.

    ❤️

    Be sure to drop your own thoughts in here too!
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Bump, initial post updated, more still pouring in

    So much love for the cafe series on social media, seriously, we have amazing fans.

    ❤️

    Be sure to drop your own thoughts in here too!
    Great additions. Come on delivery man!!
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Updated again to include some examples of preparation methods from our reps!

    Including a BDCC ab shot, because admit it AM, you wanted to see it again
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Updated again to include some examples of preparation methods from our reps!

    Including a BDCC ab shot, because admit it AM, you wanted to see it again
    Was going to wait until tomorrow to read these added reviews until I hear a mentioned ab shot.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

  12. Vanilla frappe- after trying this initially just in some water to test the flavor, I went for an actual coffee type drink. Og flavor is basically just vanilla. While it smells like coffee, there was literally zero coffee flavor even slightly distinguishable. It's a great vanilla, but that's it.
    My experiment was 6oz of coffee and a scoop of vanilla frappe. My hopes were that this would creat a sweet vanilla coffee drink like one would buy.
    Mix- not good. I poured the coffee first, followed by half a scoop to start. This was after 10min of spoon mixing Name:  ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1472421482.764994.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  302.2 KB as you can see, even with a low saturation there were a ton of chunks which was disappointing. The second half a scoop was even more clumped up. Definitely not the type of mix you want. My suggestion would not be to mix hot drinks and to instead shaker it in cold/warm and then heat it after. 4/10

    Flavor- although the flavor solo is great, it was rather weak mixed in the coffee. I thought it would be a lot sweeter after my initial taste test but was again let down here. For someone who likes very sweet drinks (i.e. Most of the Starbucks specialty crowd) this type of mix will be a bit weak. If you like lightly sweet and more coffee tho this is a good plan. For me tho, 5/10 in coffee, 7/10 straight water flavor tho (mostly loses pts due to it not being as strong as the og select flavors)

    Overall- 6/10 flavor is good solo, but has no coffee taste. If I want vanilla I will look elsewhere (og select is still better) due to the caffeine as well as the strength of the flavor. Not the worst, but there are better options for this type of vanilla flavor and especially coffee types.

    Caramel macchiato- the smell of this is unbelievable. Smells like caramel magic with coffee undertones. Again here I was hoping for a caramel laden coffee flavor.

    Mix- same as above. Not very good in hot liquids. In straight water (cold) it was much better but still slightly chunky even in a shaker. Definitely not on par with the original selects (tho they don't mix hot either so that was expected). 4/10

    Flavor- not quite as sweet as the vanilla, but again almost zero coffee flavor. As before, the smell of coffee is there, and with macchiato in the name you would expect some, but at best there is maybe an aftertaste or undertone, but it is in no way prevalent. If you want to taste coffee this will be a total miss for you.
    In straight water it's basically a solid caramel flavor; not overly sweet but sweet enough to enjoy. For me, I've had only a few caramel type flavors and this was about on par with the others. Nothing exceptional, but still good. As above, the caffeine and weakness overall (unable to add more than 10-12oz of water without making it diluted) are the big downsides to this. Mixed in coffee it was not nearly sweet enough to use as a sweetener, and even the caramel was pretty dull. In coffee 3/10; in water 6/10.

    Overall- 4.5/10 smells like heaven, but simply doesn't deliver the sweetness or coffee flavors you expect per the name. Don't get me wrong, it's enjoyable in small amounts of liquid, but that's about the extent of it. For me, I like sweeter and stronger, and was hoping for some coffee taste which were all misses with this one.

    After trying 2/3 of the flavors, I think that while they are decent in terms of general protein flavoring, they are a significant downgrade to the other PES Select flavors. They are weaker in strength (which some people may actually really like as many think the og's are too strong ha) and don't seem to mix as well. Add in the caffeine and they can only serve a select time of day and use. The other downside is that of the two I tried, they don't taste like coffee at all which makes them just a run of the mill vanilla and caramel. That to me is the biggest bummer as I had really hoped for a unique coffee blend flavor from these. I still have the mocha to try, but will have lower expectations now. Will update when I try it.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  13. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Vanilla frappe- after trying this initially just in some water to test the flavor, I went for an actual coffee type drink. Og flavor is basically just vanilla. While it smells like coffee, there was literally zero coffee flavor even slightly distinguishable. It's a great vanilla, but that's it.
    My experiment was 6oz of coffee and a scoop of vanilla frappe. My hopes were that this would creat a sweet vanilla coffee drink like one would buy.
    Mix- not good. I poured the coffee first, followed by half a scoop to start. This was after 10min of spoon mixing Name:  ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1472421482.764994.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  302.2 KB as you can see, even with a low saturation there were a ton of chunks which was disappointing. The second half a scoop was even more clumped up. Definitely not the type of mix you want. My suggestion would not be to mix hot drinks and to instead shaker it in cold/warm and then heat it after. 4/10

    Flavor- although the flavor solo is great, it was rather weak mixed in the coffee. I thought it would be a lot sweeter after my initial taste test but was again let down here. For someone who likes very sweet drinks (i.e. Most of the Starbucks specialty crowd) this type of mix will be a bit weak. If you like lightly sweet and more coffee tho this is a good plan. For me tho, 5/10 in coffee, 7/10 straight water flavor tho (mostly loses pts due to it not being as strong as the og select flavors)

    Overall- 6/10 flavor is good solo, but has no coffee taste. If I want vanilla I will look elsewhere (og select is still better) due to the caffeine as well as the strength of the flavor. Not the worst, but there are better options for this type of vanilla flavor and especially coffee types.

    Caramel macchiato- the smell of this is unbelievable. Smells like caramel magic with coffee undertones. Again here I was hoping for a caramel laden coffee flavor.

    Mix- same as above. Not very good in hot liquids. In straight water (cold) it was much better but still slightly chunky even in a shaker. Definitely not on par with the original selects (tho they don't mix hot either so that was expected). 4/10

    Flavor- not quite as sweet as the vanilla, but again almost zero coffee flavor. As before, the smell of coffee is there, and with macchiato in the name you would expect some, but at best there is maybe an aftertaste or undertone, but it is in no way prevalent. If you want to taste coffee this will be a total miss for you.
    In straight water it's basically a solid caramel flavor; not overly sweet but sweet enough to enjoy. For me, I've had only a few caramel type flavors and this was about on par with the others. Nothing exceptional, but still good. As above, the caffeine and weakness overall (unable to add more than 10-12oz of water without making it diluted) are the big downsides to this. Mixed in coffee it was not nearly sweet enough to use as a sweetener, and even the caramel was pretty dull. In coffee 3/10; in water 6/10.

    Overall- 4.5/10 smells like heaven, but simply doesn't deliver the sweetness or coffee flavors you expect per the name. Don't get me wrong, it's enjoyable in small amounts of liquid, but that's about the extent of it. For me, I like sweeter and stronger, and was hoping for some coffee taste which were all misses with this one.

    After trying 2/3 of the flavors, I think that while they are decent in terms of general protein flavoring, they are a significant downgrade to the other PES Select flavors. They are weaker in strength (which some people may actually really like as many think the og's are too strong ha) and don't seem to mix as well. Add in the caffeine and they can only serve a select time of day and use. The other downside is that of the two I tried, they don't taste like coffee at all which makes them just a run of the mill vanilla and caramel. That to me is the biggest bummer as I had really hoped for a unique coffee blend flavor from these. I still have the mocha to try, but will have lower expectations now. Will update when I try it.
    If expectations will be lowered them man will you have a wonderful surprise when getting to the mocha flavor. Big fan myself.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

  14. Thinking a cafe series anonymous thread is needed. I'm fully fledged addicted to this stuff!
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

  15. I don't think I'll get to try it unless EU sites get it. My order was returned due to Canadian Customs not letting it go through...


  16. I've been in contact with PES CS and they issued a refund immediately, even gave me a 30℅ code for future purchase. In June I ordered the frosted chocolate cupcake protein which was shipped with FedEx and no issues apart from paying FedEx a handling fee of 25 eur...

  17. Quote Originally Posted by JulzRulz View Post
    I've been in contact with PES CS and they issued a refund immediately, even gave me a 30℅ code for future purchase. In June I ordered the frosted chocolate cupcake protein which was shipped with FedEx and no issues apart from paying FedEx a handling fee of 25 eur...
    That's that PES A plus CS right there. Sorry you had to even experience the issue though bro.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

  18. Quote Originally Posted by JulzRulz View Post
    I don't think I'll get to try it unless EU sites get it. My order was returned due to Canadian Customs not letting it go through...
    So strange. I'm up in Canada and it eventually made it through Canadian customs. 5 tubs with some high volume pre as well. It was returned to sender once and they resent it with no problem. Customer service was great to deal with.
  19. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by omega_spartan View Post
    So strange. I'm up in Canada and it eventually made it through Canadian customs. 5 tubs with some high volume pre as well. It was returned to sender once and they resent it with no problem. Customer service was great to deal with.
    Same experiences here shipping to Canada monthly for a long while now
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Same experiences here shipping to Canada monthly for a long while now
    I was thinking to myself we have had a few Canadian reps and many customers over there and I haven't heard many issues arise.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  21. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    I have found my favourite way to have a frappe, 1.5 scoops Vanilla Frappe + 1/2 scoop FCC

    In milk, lots of ice, blended.

    So smooth
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    I have found my favourite way to have a frappe, 1.5 scoops Vanilla Frappe + 1/2 scoop FCC

    In milk, lots of ice, blended.

    So smooth
    Have both on hand but haven't stumbled upon this combo. Thanks for sharing now It will be next up.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

  23. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Vanilla frappe- after trying this initially just in some water to test the flavor, I went for an actual coffee type drink. Og flavor is basically just vanilla. While it smells like coffee, there was literally zero coffee flavor even slightly distinguishable. It's a great vanilla, but that's it.
    My experiment was 6oz of coffee and a scoop of vanilla frappe. My hopes were that this would creat a sweet vanilla coffee drink like one would buy.
    Mix- not good. I poured the coffee first, followed by half a scoop to start. This was after 10min of spoon mixing Name:  ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1472421482.764994.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  302.2 KB as you can see, even with a low saturation there were a ton of chunks which was disappointing. The second half a scoop was even more clumped up. Definitely not the type of mix you want. My suggestion would not be to mix hot drinks and to instead shaker it in cold/warm and then heat it after. 4/10

    Flavor- although the flavor solo is great, it was rather weak mixed in the coffee. I thought it would be a lot sweeter after my initial taste test but was again let down here. For someone who likes very sweet drinks (i.e. Most of the Starbucks specialty crowd) this type of mix will be a bit weak. If you like lightly sweet and more coffee tho this is a good plan. For me tho, 5/10 in coffee, 7/10 straight water flavor tho (mostly loses pts due to it not being as strong as the og select flavors)

    Overall- 6/10 flavor is good solo, but has no coffee taste. If I want vanilla I will look elsewhere (og select is still better) due to the caffeine as well as the strength of the flavor. Not the worst, but there are better options for this type of vanilla flavor and especially coffee types.

    Caramel macchiato- the smell of this is unbelievable. Smells like caramel magic with coffee undertones. Again here I was hoping for a caramel laden coffee flavor.

    Mix- same as above. Not very good in hot liquids. In straight water (cold) it was much better but still slightly chunky even in a shaker. Definitely not on par with the original selects (tho they don't mix hot either so that was expected). 4/10

    Flavor- not quite as sweet as the vanilla, but again almost zero coffee flavor. As before, the smell of coffee is there, and with macchiato in the name you would expect some, but at best there is maybe an aftertaste or undertone, but it is in no way prevalent. If you want to taste coffee this will be a total miss for you.
    In straight water it's basically a solid caramel flavor; not overly sweet but sweet enough to enjoy. For me, I've had only a few caramel type flavors and this was about on par with the others. Nothing exceptional, but still good. As above, the caffeine and weakness overall (unable to add more than 10-12oz of water without making it diluted) are the big downsides to this. Mixed in coffee it was not nearly sweet enough to use as a sweetener, and even the caramel was pretty dull. In coffee 3/10; in water 6/10.

    Overall- 4.5/10 smells like heaven, but simply doesn't deliver the sweetness or coffee flavors you expect per the name. Don't get me wrong, it's enjoyable in small amounts of liquid, but that's about the extent of it. For me, I like sweeter and stronger, and was hoping for some coffee taste which were all misses with this one.

    After trying 2/3 of the flavors, I think that while they are decent in terms of general protein flavoring, they are a significant downgrade to the other PES Select flavors. They are weaker in strength (which some people may actually really like as many think the og's are too strong ha) and don't seem to mix as well. Add in the caffeine and they can only serve a select time of day and use. The other downside is that of the two I tried, they don't taste like coffee at all which makes them just a run of the mill vanilla and caramel. That to me is the biggest bummer as I had really hoped for a unique coffee blend flavor from these. I still have the mocha to try, but will have lower expectations now. Will update when I try it.
    dammit i wish i read this review before i ordered.

    thank god i only paid 50% off for cafe series haha, no wonder i haven't heard much of it since launch.

    I got vanilla and caramel.

    vanialla has more of a coffee taste but still incredibly weak and an overpowering chemical aftertaste.

    while caramel has less of a coffee taste but the caramel is stronger so it actually tastes better as a weak coffee-less caramel shake.


    Is there anyway to make these taste decent? i have an espresso machine here so will experiment trying to make them actually taste like something with coffee in it.
  24. How Good is the New PEScience Select Cafe Series? Review Compilation Thread


    I just ordered a few samples because I was curious. I have tried other coffee flavors with hot coffee and they were terrible. However my girlfriend made some coffee iced drinks with them and they were so much better. That's probably what I'm going to end up doing with them like Driven2lift did.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Tyvocules View Post
    I just ordered a few samples because I was curious. I have tried other coffee flavors with hot coffee and they were terrible. However my girlfriend made some coffee iced drinks with them and they were so much better. That's probably what I'm going to end up doing with them like Driven2lift did.
    i made mine into frappes using normal milk, milk girlfriend looked at me like i did something horrible lol.

    Im hoping if you add some stuff to them they can taste decent.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How is the new Xpand???
    By adrian55 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2012, 11:56 AM
  2. Is the new X mass any good?
    By WesleyAlpha in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 08:20 PM
  3. how can i tell if my omnadren is the new version?
    By JohnnyGotJacked in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2004, 09:58 PM
  4. how good is all the whey
    By orvise in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 10:49 PM
Log in
Log in