How Good is Select White Chocolate Mint Protein?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
A Compilation of Reviews for PEScience Select White Chocolate Mint

I mixed a scoop in 8oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk and 6oz water post workout, seriously thought I was having dessert before dinner. I drank half and put the rest in the fridge to sip on after dinner, it was too damn good to have all at once. Home run, PES.
I hate mint everywhere..... BUT I love this one!!! Guys it's great! The taste comes after a while and I can even taste a lot the White chocolate in the end :)
Y'all did a great job with this flavor.

Bought it for my wife, as she really likes mint flavored sweets and she says it tastes like ice cream.

I'm not typically a fan of mint flavor, but it reminds me of the old VMS Protean which was easily my favorite flavor ever.

Very, very well done.
I wish I bought more of this protein

Got my CM order today finally. Thanks FedEx. Anyways, decided to crack open the new protein!

AntM Reviews PES Select White Chocolate Peppermint

This is just a taste review since Select is my go to protein.

Overall - When I first opened the tub, I had to give it a smell. There was zero peppermint in the smell test. It was just like a vanilla. Good, but plain. I first tried it in oatmeal. Instantly, as soon as the powder hit the oatmeal, prior to me even mixing it, the peppermint aroma came out. I've had the scent of powders slightly intensify before, but not like this. I thought it was the heat that brought out the peppermint, but when I mixed it in the Greek yogurt, the same thing happened. The powder literally goes from not giving a hint of peppermint to smelling like a peppermint patty.

In oatmeal, there was more of a white chocolate taste than peppermint. The peppermint was there, but was very subtle. This could have been because of the heat or because I had three servings of oatmeal to one serving of protein powder. In the Greek yogurt, the peppermint flavor really came through. It was like a York Peppermint Patty, but without the milk chocolate. Instead, a sweeter white chocolate. I do not drink shakes often. I would safety say if you do have shakes, you could expect the same experience I had with the Greek yogurt, a strong Peppermint taste.
So my gf who is an AVID mint chocolate fan bought 3 tubs herself and cracked one last night... She's deemed it her all time favorite flavor and vowed to steal at least one more of mine ha
great seasonal flavor
View attachment 128379

Just discovered the best way to have a shake with WCM... Heat it up! It's like peppermint hot chocolate. Perfect winter drink!
THE REVIEW

I'll just discuss the flavouring, because my love for Select as a powder is already well known.

Had about 3 or 4 shakes now to judge this on. Very interesting flavour. Not what I thought it would be, at all, in both a good and a bad way. Good in that it doesn't taste like a Candy Cane or toothpaste, but bad in that it doesn't exactly taste like White Chocolate with just a hint of mint either.

What it does tastes like, is an After Eight thin mint, to the point where the two taste almost identical to my tastebuds, differing only in perhaps the chocolate flavouring. It actually brought back childhood memories of eating After Eights upon my first few sips, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Apparently Andes Mints are the American version of After Eights, and I've seen this flavour compared to Andes, so I guess the two products are interchangeable as a frame of reference. I can't say WCM has a Dark Chocolate flavour, like the AE mints, but I don't know if it's all the way White Chocolate either.

The mint is VERY pronounced, with the chocolate as an undertone. Overall, the flavour is done well enough, so that as a non-mint fan, I still very much enjoy WCM. The aftertaste is where it shines though, as that is when the chocolate really starts to come through, and it leaves a really pleasant/refreshing taste in the mouth for a while afterwards, without the aspartame milky-mouth that some flavours of Select tend to give me.

Hard for me to rank this among existing Select flavours, because it's so unique and situational, so I won't. I just consider it a one-off, fun little change of pace flavour. At first, I thought I would have WCM once every few weeks or so, so I thought this tub would last a long while, but I've slowly been getting addicted to it, and having WCM instead of my usual UMP CnC. I definitely should have bought a second tub, but anything more and I think I would get tired of the flavour. I definitely do not regret taking the leap of faith with the one tub.

Overall, WCM is perfect as a seasonal item, so that you won't get tired of its unique flavour. It definitely evokes memories of the holidays with its taste to me, and I'm down to purchase it again next holiday season if it's re-released.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Reserved

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not gonna lie I'm pretty mad at you guys that this isn't a permanent fixture. It's the best Select flavor hands down (and I love the rest). Insider special edition restock is going to need to happen at some point!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Not gonna lie I'm pretty mad at you guys that this isn't a permanent fixture. It's the best Select flavor hands down (and I love the rest). Insider special edition restock is going to need to happen at some point!
I am liking it more each time I have it,
Which is frustrating knowing I'll run out

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am liking it more each time I have it,
Which is frustrating knowing I'll run out
I stocked up big time, but I'm going to run out as well.

If only I knew a rep who might be able to talk to someone at PES about rectifying this horrific occurrence....:)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Haha, if enough people voiced opinions to have it stay, we could in theory see it again