HV and NAC

macwad

Awards
  • Established
HV is a superb product, actually the best for pumps IMHO.
However, is there any reason why it doesn't have NAC?
NAC seems to be a proven ingredient for pumps and it's cheap as dirt...
Actually, it surprises me that so few pump products use it (can only remember PreJym and SP250)

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
NAC is usually not in pump products for pumps but for its effects on nitrate related issues. We don't have NAC in the product because it is extremely difficult to flavour, and adds no value to the product since we already have vitamin C in it. There is no possible pump angle left to exploit since HV hits every pathway in one way or another.

macwad

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, Synapsin.

This: "N-acetylcysteine attenuates the decline in muscle Na+,K+-pump activity and delays fatigue during prolonged exercise in humans."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16840514

Also, in another forum, Coop mentioned 2 things, and only 2, that could marginally, if so, improve HV, which is LCLT and NAC.
As NAC is extremely cheap, I thought it could be something interesting to add to HV..

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks, Synapsin.

This: "N-acetylcysteine attenuates the decline in muscle Na+,K+-pump activity and delays fatigue during prolonged exercise in humans."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16840514

Also, in another forum, Coop mentioned 2 things, and only 2, that could marginally, if so, improve HV, which is LCLT and NAC.
As NAC is extremely cheap, I thought it could be something interesting to add to HV..
Ya feel free to add NAC to High Volume if you wish. Just know it tastes bad so maybe grab caps if that is an issue. :)

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So no issues obviously with dosing this antioxidant around workouts?