Digestive issues from Alphamine

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a soy intolerance that causes me some pain on my left abdomen about 1-2 days after I eat/drink anything with soy (including tofu, emulsifiers in sauces/spreads, etc.) so I avoid these things. Also Soy lecithin doesn't give me issues.

I've been taking Alphamine for about 2-3 weeks now and have been experiencing this pain. I've been trying to figure out what it was by making changes to my diet but no improvement. Do any of the ingredients contain some soy derivative??

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How did you come to the conclusion that soy lecithin doesn't give you issues if you have a soy intolerance?

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How did you come to the conclusion that soy lecithin doesn't give you issues if you have a soy intolerance?
I developed this intolerance about 2-2.5 years ago. I identified the culprit as soy on my own through an elimination diet. Through trial and error I've determined I can tolerate soy lecithin in several powders (amino/protein). However, I do try to limit powders overall (to keep colours/sweeteners to a reasonable amount). I also buy some of my protein from a bulk supplier that has sunflower lecithin options.

I'm not trying to blame the PES supps at all, I'm actually I hope its not alphamine because I really like it lol. I will figure it out on my by elimination, but just trying to gather information for future reference and to discuss with my doctor.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To my knowledge, alphamine does not contain any soy however, it is produced in a facility that processes milk and soy ingredients.

Stop the alphamine and see if your symptoms go away. I think it is pretty unlikely that alphamine would contain any kind of significent amount of soy to illicit a reaction but I suppose it is possible.

Best of luck

Reactions: GNO