nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Select_Protein_Chocolate_large.jpeg

Today I was asked why everyone loves Select Protein so much. A guy said everyone at PES is so passionate about it but he didn't understand why.

This guy works at a local store and he asked me to buy a few cases of Select at a price below what it costs to produce...because that's what they buy other proteins for.

As many of you know, the mainstream consumers and retailers aren't always in-tune with science and fact. So to start my Labor Day weekend...I decided to summarize Select Protein in a nutshell. I want everyone to know why we made Select Protein, and why everyone at PES is so passionate about it.

Taste
Let's all be real. None of us are going to buy a protein that doesn't taste enjoyable to drink every day. That is why we spend weeks flavoring Select Protein, launching with what are arguably some of the best 3 flavors on the market: Snickerdoodle, Cookies & Cream, and Milk Chocolate. I would put any of these up against any other protein. You can even stick them up against a fat loaded, amino spiked protein...

Macros & Purity
We all train for a reason...we have goals. Whether your goal is to improve your physique, increase athletic performance, or increase strength, your diet and nutrition are the single most important thing. Select Protein only has 1.5g fat and 1g of carbohydrates per serving, and 24g of premium protein. We also are in the top tier for lowest fat and carb content, and highest % of protein per serving (Snickerdoodle is 77.4% protein per scoop for example), and there is more protein per jar than the vast majority of proteins, giving Select the best value on the market considering it is a premium protein, not a cheap whey-cheap blend. Size that up to everything else out there. Is anything better? Hardly...not of any quality. Maybe a few 100% wheys...about that...

Quality & Science
Why do drink protein anyways? So you can look cool walking out of the gym with your pumped arms...sipping on your shaker cup? Or do you drink protein because you actually want the protein to help you? For those who drink protein to actually help them...why do you drink anything other than a premium whey/casein blend?

Whey/Casein blends are far superior to whey alone. There is literally no point in taking a 100% whey protein isolate shake over a whey/casein blend...not even post workout. It's crazy that this industry is so sworn by it from magazines and marketing, but the truth is there is concrete human data proving otherwise. And that was what we formulated Select Protein off of. All of the science and studies can be found on SelectProtein.com for the skeptics. There is actually even more data that we did not include, showing how bad 100% whey protein shakes are for insulin spikes compared to whey/casein blends. But I will save that.

Value
As already stated, take into consideration what you are actually paying for in your protein. Some amino fillers? Some fat and maltodextrin? 100% whey protein? Select Protein pricing is comparable to inferior protein forms pricing, while being a far superior product.

-

I know I am being biased, but I also speak fact which is why everyone at PES is so passionate about Select Protein and also why it has develped such a strong fanbase. It really is the best protein for every single scenario and category except vegans...anyone who says otherwise either is lying or does not understand protein...simple as that.

10501697_774441712617877_6523543303812856977_n.jpg

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
PES' passion for quality has brought out a passion in all of your fans as well.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PES has developed a hell of a following due to that passion.

Well stated Josh

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That has been our goal since the birth of PES...we want to formulate for the consumer

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In my opinion the passion behind PES is one of the main reasons why this company has been so successful. The people involved aren't in it for money but because it is something they truly enjoy. It was the main reason that attracted me to them as a company. To be able to work with individuals who share my passion for science and producing quality products for the consumer. People aren't fans of PES just because of the products but because they see the dedication put into them. Combine that with quality products and an amazing team that always outs the customer first and tries to help them achieve the goals in any way they can, and you get PES

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In my opinion the passion behind PES is one of the main reasons why this company has been so successful. The people involved aren't in it for money but because it is something they truly enjoy. It was the main reason that attracted me to them as a company. To be able to work with individuals who share my passion for science and producing quality products for the consumer. People aren't fans of PES just because of the products but because they see the dedication put into them. Combine that with quality products and an amazing team that always outs the customer first and tries to help them achieve the goals in any way they can, and you get PES
Well said

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
Taste - 1
Profile - 2
Quality - 3
Aesthetic label - 4
More filling than regular whey (makes thicker shakes, adds more volume to sludges or proats)
perfect for baking with

das it mane

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would be nice to say this on BB but I know how that would end up.

Well said though Josh and Josh!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great read. Very nicely put. Select is the best period!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got a dude over on BB just state he doesn't like Select because it contains casein (MPI) as one of the protein sources LOL.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Got a dude over on BB just state he doesn't like Select because it contains casein (MPI) as one of the protein sources LOL.
More gains for us

Bryancap77

Bryancap77

Awards
  • Established
Bb.com = trolls and idiots lol I don't go there anymore.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Where can i find a red head like that? Do want
us ginger kids need to stick together.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great breakdown Josh. The passion shared by you, everyone at PES, and the consumers, makes me extremely proud to be a part of the team.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol...MPI must not have been mentioned in this months 1995 rehashed Men's Health protein article

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
Look at the thickness, you can create more volume with more water, to your liking unlike just whey, you end up with a soup LOL.

1 Scoop CnC + 1 Scoop Milk Choc. + 50g Rolled oats

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look at the thickness, you can create more volume with more water, to your liking unlike just whey, you end up with a soup LOL. 1 Scoop CnC + 1 Scoop Milk Choc. + 50g Rolled oats
Would be better if that was cream of rice :).

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look at the thickness, you can create more volume with more water, to your liking unlike just whey, you end up with a soup LOL. 1 Scoop CnC + 1 Scoop Milk Choc. + 50g Rolled oats
I absolutely love my oats with select! I may make some up right now after seeing this!

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
I absolutely love my oats with select! I may make some up right now after seeing this!
I think there should be a Select protein creations thread lol, all kinds of food pron. post everyday sludge concoctions using select + other stuff

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
Would be better if that was cream of rice :).
don't even know if i have seen that here before lol, maybe have to look for it at an international shop or market. quick oats is good to. or quinoa flakes

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
She is obviously a smart lady to have nothing but the best protein!
This...
Norway... one of my favorite bands is from over there. Children of Bodom, now if she can cook and likes good music, she is a keeper.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This... Norway... one of my favorite bands is from over there. Children of Bodom, now if she can cook and likes good music, she is a keeper.
Get on it bob! :)

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great people and great products make for a great company, Thanks Josh & Dan for creating the opportunity for us to become fans :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im stressing, only 109 serving left.
Better order now! Especially where you are located. It may take that long just to get it in your hands! Lol

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Better order now! Especially where you are located. It may take that long just to get it in your hands! Lol
My 6 tubs I ordered arrived in just over a week after ordering. Gobsmacked.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Nyrin

Awards
My two current favorite uses for Select:

Appledoodle Proatmeal
  • Dice half an apple (~80-100g) into small (<1cm) cubes
  • Place in bowl, sprinkle with cinnamon, add ~20g cream cheese, microwave for ~25s or until starting to sizzle
  • Add 40-60g dry oats
  • Pour ~110-130g boiling water (e.g. from a kettle)
  • Stir well; let sit for 1-2 minutes for oats to saturate
  • Add 1-1.5 servings (31-47g) Select Snickerdoodle
  • Stir well and ravenously consume
The apple-snickerdoodle combination works amazingly well; cinnamon-based stuff always goes well with apples, but the sugar cookie finish makes it taste almost like an apple fritter, strudel, or some sort of pastry. Current favorite proatmeal.

Select Iced Mocha:
  • Crush a couple of ice cubes (60-70g) in the blender
  • Add 60g 10:1 cold brew coffee concentrate (I prefer decaf to save caffeine tolerance)
  • 120-180g unsweetened almond milk (or whatever), varied to thickness preference
  • 1-1.5 scoops (33-50g) Select Milk Chocolate
  • Blend it; blend it good
Comes out tasting like an iced mocha; I prefer mine pretty thick, but you can make them drinkable, too. Adding a banana turns it into an iced banana mocha, which is also quite delicious.

I like the CnC plain, but I'm going to need to come up with some other mixed uses for it soon; between the appledoodle oats and the banana mocha smoothies, I'm tearing through the other two flavors disproportionately fast!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Both sound great man. Thanks for sharing.

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
Well long story short I ran out of my 5 lb tub of AllMax Nutrition IsoNatural and was pretty bummed looked im my supplement closet and spotted some PES Select protein snickerdoodle flavored that I bought and somehow forgot about. Just had a drink after my workout and will be buying a 5 lb tub ASAP. I love my Isonatural but without a doubt that is THE BEST ****ING PROTEIN IVE EVER TASTED IN MY ****ING LIFE MIND IS BLOWN!!!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well long story short I ran out of my 5 lb tub of AllMax Nutrition IsoNatural and was pretty bummed looked im my supplement closet and spotted some PES Select protein snickerdoodle flavored that I bought and somehow forgot about. Just had a drink after my workout and will be buying a 5 lb tub ASAP. I love my Isonatural but without a doubt that is THE BEST ****ING PROTEIN IVE EVER TASTED IN MY ****ING LIFE MIND IS BLOWN!!!
Lol awesome mini review :D

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha awesome to hear brother! We appreciate the feedback.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
welcome to the darkside lol

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unfortunately I did the unthinkable and ran out of select yesterday. Had to get a sample of a protein I won't specify here. Very disappointing and makes me even more upset at myself. Bad part is I may be out til Friday... FML!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Unfortunately I did the unthinkable and ran out of select yesterday. Had to get a sample of a protein I won't specify here. Very disappointing and makes me even more upset at myself. Bad part is I may be out til Friday... FML!
I feel your pain

Much like when you see someone take a boot to the balls on tv and cringe just watching it lol

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am using up all of my old protein since I discovered Select....definitely going to over buy next sale as long as it's not only chocolate. Then I will just buy a little extra :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am using up all of my old protein since I discovered Select....definitely going to over buy next sale as long as it's not only chocolate. Then I will just buy a little extra :)
Once you select... You never go back.