How Good is PES Amino IV? Reviews Inside

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Okay, first, I am already hooked on AT2 + Forskolin....

So, today, after ordering nearly 2 weeks ago, I finally received my Amino IV supplement.

PES...you guys have outdid yourselves!!! Seriously! This is by far, the best tasting amino powder I have ever had. No lie and I've tried them all from Modern BCAA, Amino Build, BCAA pro, etc..you name it, I tried it.

The Cherry Limeade flavor is so smooth. It goes down like water. No digestive or stomach issues what so ever. I literally can drink this stuff all day, every day.

And yes, I drank this intra work out and it works well to the best of my knowledge! I'm telling you this, I am gonna buy tubs on top of tubs of this stuff. I look forward to trying the other flavors current and new upcoming flavors. Please don't ever discontinue this flavor.

And to add to my excitement, a 1/2 hour before my workout, I gulped down Alphamine for the first time and this stuff rocks too but I will save that review for another day or I will be typing all night!

Thumbs up PES! You truly have a customer for life!!!!
I have to say, that's the best tasting amino I've ever tasted! Cherry lime seems to be a hard flavor to get down for companies, but PES nailed it. I get very little residue after I've emptied my shaker, so mixability is pretty nice. I haven't seen a lot of research behind the 10:1:1 bcaa complex, but I do like the added essential amino complex with it. Many companies overlook the EAA's. The only other complex I've seen similar is GNC's Ultimate Amino, but that's a 3:1:1. One thing I can say, PES wants their fans to stay fans. They still have me, and will continue to use their products in my men's physique competitions and professional wrestling career.
Another great product from PES! Mixes great and tastes great! Definitely would buy again and recommend!
So I had a chance to taste the powder and here is what I think, the powder is very fine and mixes very well with a few shakes.

I had a sample of cherry limeade, filled a bottle with 16oz of water and than added ice. The flavor is very potent, so for my liking I added some more water(about 20oz +ice), which is good because I like to drink a lot during my workout.

This is definitely not your run of the mill BCAAs I felt as if I had a little more endurance than usual. I worked out at 930pm after a days work when I usually work out around 6pm. My all time favorite BCAA is Recoverpro, in terms of price, flavor,mix-ability, and profile. But whens more info on this is released I believe PES has made a strong if not better competitor depending on what your looking for. I will say flat out the flavor cherry limeade is way better than both Recoverpro flavors, (lemon is my fav.) So depending on price range once released, This will become a staple in a lot of peoples routine!

Def looking forward to getting my hands on this and really give it a go!

Keep up the great work PES especially the flavors you guys come up with!
Best tasting BCAA I've ever used. Hands down.
Amino IV > Xtend
They are both very different products. I have not tried compete yet but I have been using Amino IV for a couple weeks now and I have to say it's the best bcaa I've used. Obviously the ingredient profile says it all but the taste, energy in the gym and most of all recovery are all phenomenal.
Hello everybody, I'm here to write a review on Amino IV. With the success I've had with most PES products, I was more than eager to try their new BCAA product.

Profile:

Big props for using citrate forms of sodium/potassium and methylcobalamin for B-12. Good to know PES actually wanted us to absorb the ingredients thrown in there.

Like Petey, I like how PES actually included more than just the standard Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine. With the inclusion of other essential amino acids, it makes for a much more effective product, at least in my experience with this.

The amount of aminos in here, especially at the 10:1:1 BCAA ratio is solid. 15g of aminos per scoops is really good.

Another good thing to note is the inclusion of HICA. With the success I had with Cellucor BCAA, I was more than happy to see HICA in Amino IV. Can't really comment on the lemon verbena leaf though, couldn't find anything on it.

Taste/Mix:(9.1/10)

I'll start with mix-ability, for the amount of aminos in here, I was surprised by the lack of foam. There was always a little bit of foam after shaking it, but nowhere near as much as other popular BCAA products such as MBCAA for instance. There was very little settling at the bottom, nothing bad at all though.

I had the Blueberry Burst flavor. The taste is good. It is not perfect however, reminds me of a certain flavor from MBCAA, heck, it even smells like it. I preferred to drink one scoop pre-workout and 1 scoop during cardio. I'm not saying it was bad to drink during my lifting sessions, but I just prefer to drink water during that time.

I love how there are no unnecessary dyes in this. Although it would start out clear upon shaking, then slowly turn to a light green, it was nothing like Cellucor BCAA, Amino X, or other dye-filled intras on the market. To make it simple, if I can see my hand through the shaker cup, the dye isn't heavy.

Effectiveness:(9.6/10)

This was by far the best BCAA product I have ever used. With the light flavor and electrolytes, I experienced better endurance during my workouts without the dyes lingering in my stomach. Endurance was on par with Strive.

The best part about this was the recovery I experienced. Ever since BioGro, I've had trouble finding a BCAA product that compares in recovery. Although not as good as 4 scoops of BioGro, the recovery from Amino IV is night and day against other amino products. I upped my training schedule to 5-6 days a week, and even going 7 straight days this past week, and have very little DOMS to report. I experienced very little DOMS during my wave 3 of 5/3/1, which was unexpected. Since I'm not taking anything else that could enhance recovery, and my calories have been below 2500 for the last couple of weeks, I can attribute this to Amino IV.

This was great for fasted training as well. 1 scoop pre on an empty stomach gave me some extra endurance, without having my stomach growl during cardio. On par with Strive here again.

Value:(9.2/10)

You can get this around $25 per tub. For how well this worked, I would gladly pay for this again. For the extras you get in here, it is well worth it.

Overall:(9.4/10)

This is my favorite BCAA product to date, I even have more on the way as I type this. Recovery was better than any other amino product I have used in the past, and the increase in endurance, especially when training fasted was solid. The value is good, and the lack of unnecessary dyes is a big plus in my eyes. I highly recommend giving this a try. PES did not disappoint.
What's up everyone? It's been a very long time since the last time I submitted a written review, but with Finals week winding down and a little time on my hands, I wanted to take some time to sit down and write the first review for the new amino product from our good friends at Physique Enhancing Science, Amino IV!

This was sent to me for review by PES at my request as the ingredient profile definitely caught my interest when I initially saw it introduced, and as a matter of fact, this review is long overdue since I got it shortly before it was even released. With that being said, and the thanks out of the way, time to dive in:

-Ingredient Profile: 9.7/10-
Flat out: I love the way that PES decided to go about the ingredient profile for their first run at an amino acid supplement. It features the coveted 10:1:1 ratio of amino acids that has been clinically researched to induce mTOR. Additionally, they not only include this high ratio of BCAAs, but also include EAAs which is something that I feel is overlooked in most products these days of this category. While a focus on BCAAs has been great and all, wouldn't it make sense to include the ESSENTIAL amino acids in such a product? This has been something that I saw coming a long time ago for this category, so it's nice to see it come to fruition.

They address this with this product including a complete matrix: L-Leucine, L-Threonine, L-Malate, L-Phenylalanine, L-Lysine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Histidine and L-Methionine.

Additionally, they included pyridoxal-5'-phosphate, more commonly listed as P5P, which has been shown in numerous studies to increase the effectiveness of Leucine. Also, if you've watched our YouTube channel, chances are you've heard by now my regards for Cellucor's Beta BCAA which includes Alpha-Hydroxy-Isocaproic Acid, also known as HICA. I was thrilled to see this included as well as this has been an emerging research topic in the field of sports supplementation (including a few papers I've written myself, hint, hint). Long story short on this, it's a leucine metabolite that has been shown to have positive effects in endurance, though the specific evidence for anaerobic training is still being conducted.

Finally, they round out the ingredient profile with the inclusion of Lemon Verbena for anti-oxidant properties. Traditionally, the inclusion of such an ingredient was aimed at the reduction of free-radicals and cell damage which is good for recovery, but has been shown to be contraindicative for the desired physiological adaptations for weight training. This particular ingredient, is claimed by PES to provide the benefits of anti-oxidant properties without the negative sides of being counterproductive for adaptation, but the research has yet to be conclusive for this particular ingredient. in my opinion.

Now, with all that being said, I am very pleased with the ingredient profile, with the only questionable ingredient being the Lemon Verbana, simply because it has the least amount of research among the ingredient profile. With that in mind, this is a fantastic formula and I feel this could definitely be the turning point for what we see in future amino acid products including EAAs and further increasing the likelihood that they include HICA.

-Taste/Mixability: 9.2/10-
This stuff mixes just like I would expect any amino acid product to. It has a little foam which is to be expected due to the high concentration of Leucine, but it's nothing that a gentle shake and a few seconds can't dissipate. It mixes well, and I didn't experience any settling on the bottom.

Taste wise, I was excited to see a Blueberry flavored amino product, but take the flavoring system with a grain of salt. It isn't exactly a 'blueberry packed experience' that you might expect, but it definitely is pleasant to drink and I found that the more I used it, the more I grew to like it. The Cherry Limade flavor was better in my opinion and definitely has a nice tart yet sweet combo that I would expect for such a flavor and I feel it pairs better with the type of ingredients used. Aminos can be a tricky thing to mask the flavor of as they have a particular taste, but I feel that the two flavors they opted to go with are a solid choice and leave the door open for additional flavors.

-Effectiveness: 9.5/10-
This is a tricky area to rate as with any amino product. With the scientific backing for so much of the ingredient profile, it would be hard to imagine a bad experience with such a product. In a very quick summary, recovery was good and I feel that this was on par with the other top-flight amino products that I've had the chance to try. I've responded well to all 3 products that I've tried that include HICA and that reaffirms to me that this is a solid product that delivers as promised. As for increasing protein synthesis, no way to really prove that as I'm not going to take the time in the University Physiology lab to do the tests on it, so I'll take increased recovery as a positive sign.

-Value: 9.4/10-
With the ingredient profile and a price point that is commonly between $25-30 per tub, this is a great value. With many other amino products out there in a category that is always expanding, this is priced very, very well and goes above and beyond in the quality and formulation perspective. Many others at this price are the traditional profile, so to see an innovative product that is delivered for the same price, that's awesome.

-Overall: 9.6/10-
This is one of the best amino products that I've seen released this year. It goes above and beyond in terms of the ingredient profile, it's pleasant to drink and of course it's always refreshing to see a product that makes a Physiology nerd like myself smile with the research that went into it. This is a very solid product and will be a regular in my arsenal. I'd definitely recommend giving this stuff a try whenever you can get your hands on it.

-AP
PES is in the game with their AMINO IV which quickly knocks down all of its' *****s.

Profile (10/10)
PES is no stranger to science... 10:1:1 amino ration incorporates 3 hybrid forms of L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine for better bioavailability.It is the most effective dosage of BCAA's you can get! 2 scoops= 15g BCAA L-Leucine, L-Threonine, L-Malate, L-Phenylalanine, L-Lysine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Histidine and L-Methionine. This is also the first amino acid I have tried with HICA which is a leucine metabolite (increased endurance).

Taste/Mixability (9.5/10)
This is one of the best tasting amino acids out in my opinion Cherry Limeade. I am not a big fan of Cherry Limeade but PES hit it out of the ball park on the taste. It is not over powering and it is perfect for a long workout. I gave it a 9.5 because I found a slight residue on the bottom of my cyclone cup.

Effectiveness (9/10)
I am currently cycling of stim-based pre workouts, and AMINO IV gives me the intense clean energy for my workout,I have noticed incredible recovery time. After Battle Ropes I am usually sore for 3-4 days and I am currently able to recover from it in a day or two.

Value(9/10)
I wish this was around the $20-25 mark, to make it under a dollar a scoop, but PES went to new heights to bring a top notch product to the market.

Overall (10/10)
This is my favorite BCAA out their I have tried (Purple WRAATH, Gaspari AminoLast, MP AMINO1, Xtend, and BSN Aminox) This product had the best flavor, and profile out of all of them. I will continue to purchase this product!
Final review for Amino IV Once again I would like to thank Ben, predator and PES for giving me the opportunity to log their new Intraworkout product. I have now been using Amino IV for almost a month and here are my thoughts on the product.

Taste: I got the Blueberry burst flavoured Amino IV. 1 scoop in 300 ml tasted really good and later on I experimented with more powder and less water. For me the sweet spot was 2 scoops mixed with 500ml of water. This blend provided a smooth but not to empowering taste. Having tried both unflavoured leucine and eaa products I know how hard it can be to mask the bitter taste of free form aminos, and therefore I feel Pes did an awesome job on the flavouring with Amino IV. I also fonud that the taste really grew on me. At first I found the taste to be ok but as the tub comes to an end I'm really liking the taste.

Score 9/10

Mixability: Not much to comment here. both 1 scoop in 300ml of water and 2 scoops in 500ml mixed really nicely and left only little to no residue at the bottom of the shaker. There seems to be some foaming just after you shake it up, but it settles really quickly.

Score 10/10 here.

Profile: Amino IV contains a 10:1:1 ratio of amino acids which have been shown to induce mTor. I also like the fact that Amino Iv contains Eaa's instead of a pure Bcaa blend. The inclusion of P5P also seems like a smart move since it has been shown to increase the effectiveness of Leucine. The B vitamines and minerals included are also good for both performance and recovery. Lemon verbana is also in there which is an antioxidant and should reduce both free radicals and enhance recovery. I'm in now way a nutritional expert but overall I feel like this is a solid profile. The only negative aspect I can come up with is that it's a proprietary blend.

Score 9/10

Effectiveness: Reviewing an amino product isn't an easy task but in short I can tell that recovery was improved since I started using Amino IV. I did not notice any negative effects from this product. Enhanced recovery was the only thing I was expecting from this product and seeing as this was just what I experienced I'm more than saisfied. I tried using different dosing protocols and for me 2 scoops postworkout was the best solution for reducing DOMS and enhancing recovery.

Score 9/10

Value: Amino Iv is currently priced at 32.99 which is about the same price as the other bcaa/Eaa products in the market. If you use 2 scoops daily it will last you a solid 30 days which is ok IMO. It could be a little cheaper but it's in no way overpriced. Final thoughts: I really enjoyed using Amino IV and both recover and taste got better with time. I would recommend it to anyone looking for an Bcaa/Eaa product and will definitely buy another tub soon.

Final score: 9/10
Reviews will be continually added.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Reserved for more reviews.