How Good is SELECT Protein? Reviews Inside.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ladies and gentlemen, the bar has been raised! PES has really outdone themselves with their new Select Snickerdoodle Protein in all regards. I’ve been using Select Snickerdoodle protein for the past week in lots of different ways, and I can safely say it shines in every aspect.
The Formulation: Taken directly from PES – Milk Protein Isolate, Ultra-Pure WPC-80, PepFormTM Leucine Peptides, TriPhasic Delivery ComplexTM Whey Casein Leucine Peptides. 1.5g of Fat and 1g of Carbs with 24g of Protein for only 110kCal! It doesn’t get much better than that folks. The Taste: Of course, in today’s day and age the real question everyone will ask is, “But how does it taste?” Simply put, it is amazing no matter how you choose to consume it. I’ve made shakes in skim milk, almond milk, and just water and it is delicious every way, though skim milk is my favorite so far. It mixes fairly thick, even in water, and incredibly smooth with zero clumping whatsoever.I’ve had it in oats, and I am saying right now, it beats XF 2.0. The smooth, creamy texture really shines here and it just makes a killer bowl of proats. I’ve had it in Greek yogurt as well and it’s superb. Select Snickerdoodle has very quickly become my new favorite go-to protein for just about anything.
Price and Availability: Right now, availability is limited – you can only purchase from PES directly and one retailer that I know of. I think an important take-away from this is that we all need to be harassing BB.com non-stop to get this protein in stock!! As for price, PES had a mind blowing intro sale, but even now that it is over, you are getting an amazing value for your money when you buy Select Protein. Just do yourself a favor and go buy some right now.
PES has been bringing us nothing but quality, effective products since the beginning, Select Protein is no different.Profile/Effectiveness: 10/10Lots of research done in the formulation of this, take the time to read their write-ups and you will come to appreciate it. Every part if this profile was selected to optimize your results and protein synthesis, all backed by studies. A variety of leucine forms will jumpstart protein synthesis and the blend with casein will prolong it to keep you anabolic. Very low carb and fat content means these gains will be lean. Added enzymes will aid in digestion, I have experienced no bloat using this product.Mixability: 9/10All it takes is a shaker cup and the right amount if water, I don't even need or yse a blender ball to mix. It won't stir in but shake it up and you're golden; no clumping.Taste: 10/10Even compared to mass gainer, sugar and cream filled powders Select stands its ground. Hands down the best overall line of powders for taste, especially for a lean blend. Available in milk chocolate, cookies and cream, and Snickerdoodle. I have used these powders in everything from ice cream to just water to baking cakes/cookies/muffins/brownies. It has not once disappointed me and lets me enjoy protein rich desserts with low caloric value. Overall: 10/10
taste: 10 out of 10It's amazing how much it taste just like a snickerdoodle cookie. No bad aftertaste. Great with water.Bloat: 10 out of 10Not sure what it is but as I get older I seem to have more issues with bloat. Even with proteins I've never had issues with in the past it seems to happen often now. With select I have zero bloat.Ease of mixing: 10 out of 10I don't use mixer balls and it still easily mixes. No issues.Location of scoop when first opened: 1 out of 10Purchased 2 and both caused me much mental pain and suffering as I had to dig to the bottom to find the scoop. Very disappointed PESOverall 9.5 as I subtracted .5 for the therapy I had to pay for because of the whole scoop thing.I definitely have a new staple in my supp cabinet.PES please look at putting in a larger container. I'll buy it!
Outstanding Macros, Very easy Mixability, and tastes fantastic. All 3 flavors are awesome. Ended up getting them for a great price and they come in smaller tubs than normal whey proteins which make it very easy for storage. I cannot think of a bad thing to say about these products. I would highly suggest it.
The flavor I am reviewing is Snickerdoodle.After reviewing the writeup and profile, It appears to be a top-shelf protein. Leucine peptides? I don't think I need to say anything more.Upon opening the tub, the smell is reminiscent of cinnamon and snickerdoodle cookies.I mixed two scoops snickerdoodle (is this overkill with the peptides?) with about 15-18oz water. I let it sit during my first 5-10 minutes of my car ride home from the gym as I like to drink more water at this time.By that time, it is mixed very well. There is no clumping at all, as well as nothing left along the sides of my shaker.It mixes to a very smooth, creamy consistency.It tastes like snickerdoodle cookies, or at least the batter. PES nailed it here. I love this flavor, it is easily my favorite..The only thing close to this flavor is one scoop SD and one scoop CnC.It is very smooth and leaves my stomach feeling great.I'd give this protein a 5/5Easily my new favorite.
Profile: 10/10 No Fillers, 1.5g fat, less than 1g sugar, 24g of protein. This is one of, if not, the cleanest profile in a protein. Mixabilty: 9/10 Mixes quite easy with a spoon but I'm sure it mixes much more easily in a shaker cup. This is why I'm giving it a 9. However, in a cup, if you stir it for a couple of minutes, then you're good to go. Taste: Snickerdoodle 10/10 This is easily one of my tops flavored proteins bar none. Snickerdoodle flavor is not overly sweet, but just right. As of right now, you can't compare this flavor with another protein because there are no other flavors like this but if it was the case, then the competition is gonna have a tough fight on their hands. Only had this flavor in 2% milk and it's to die for. It also mixes well with other flavors. Have to try it in water and in my oatmeal too and report back. I'm also sure that this flavor would be awesome to bake with too. It's definitely endless with what you can do with this flavor.Overall: 10/10 Great job as always from the PES crew. Everything they make, turns to gold. Keep up the good job guys.
This protein is great. Awesome macros, solid profile, and the best taste. I tried all 3 and boy you can not go wrong. Obvious choice is snicker doodle since I never seen that flavor before. If you haven't tried it you need too! 11/10 for sure.
First impression is amazing. Mixes extremely well, especially for a blend. No clumping or sticking to the sides/bottom of the shaker.The flavor was incredible as well. I love cinnamon and use it just about any sweet dish and even on eggs and chicken sometimes so this was right up my alley. The flavor was plenty strong as I was able to add 30oz to a scoop and enjoy it still. Has a good consistency even with thy much water an isn't just watered down and bland. Just enough sweet to satisfy a craving for cookies and the cinnamon is just a bonus for me. I thoroughly enjoyed my first taste and can't wait to try some baking and maybe some cottage cheese "ice cream".
Finally getting around to reviewing PES Select Protein. Profile: 10/10 No Fillers, 1.5g fat, less than 1g sugar, 24g of protein. I am glad to see companies like PES making protein powders like this. I can't imagine all the money I threw out in the past on fillers. Mixabilty: 10/10 Mixes easy not much more can be said. From the pictures I have seen in other threads, it appears it mixes well to cook with also. Taste: CnC 10/10 This is easily my favorite CnC protein ever. I hear a lot about Beverly, but have never tried it so I can't compare. It tastes good in water, which is a good indicator if a flavor is legit. However, it tastes amazing mixed with Almond Breeze unsweetened Vanilla. I have blown through a few tubs this way. Snickerdoodle 9/10 I know most people would disagree and say Snickerdoodle is better than Cookies and Cream, but remember taste has a lot to do with personal preferences. I burned myself out on cinnamon after going through a boatload of Cinnamon Roll XF. I will say that the Select is pretty close to the actual flavor of a snickedoodle, as far as I remember. It's not a cookie that I come across often. The baking possibilities with Snickerdoodle is endless, there is about 20 recipes I want to try. Overall: 10/10 This is a new staple for me, great job PES! Highlights: No FillersLess than 1g SugarLess than 2g fatNo GI discomfort, even though it contains MPI which I thought would hurt my stomach (I can't drink regular milk)Tastes Amazing
Let me begin by thanking David Dewey for hooking me up with a 2 scoop sample from his own personal tub. Whatta guy.​
The review can be found on the Hot Topics in Fitness page of my website, linked below, but here it is copy/pasted. I will have the video review on the site as well as in this thread tomorrow. So, as if other unique flavors such as Cinnamon Bun/Roll, Peanut Butter Chocolate, S'mores, Orange Creamsicle, Cookies and Cream (to name a small fraction) didn't cut it, PES decided to release a flavor that is sure to set a new standard for exotic flavors of protein powder. PES, a relatively young company in the industry, brought their Select Protein to the market with some serious noise. I was lucky enough to score myself a two-serving sample from a friend, and I wanted to take the opportunity to share my thoughts. Profile: Perfect. 1 ½ grams of fat, less than 1 gram of carbohydrate and 24 grams of protein? I don't know about you, but I could put this into my macros at any time of the day, with any meal during any phase of my plan. Cutting, bulking, maintaining--te macronutrient profile is that of a pure source of protein. Nicely done, PES, nicely done. Mixability: Not a single complaint (sludge) I'm not a big shake fan, so if you are expecting to find out how Snickerdoodle turns out in shake form, I'm sorry to say you are in the wrong place. With my two scoops, I decided to make myself a massive bowl of sludge. As you can see, pictured below, it makes a very smooth, thick and creamy sludge. No complaints--perfect. Taste: Accurate and fantastic. OH my. As a child, my mom always baked batches upon batches of snickerdoodles. Once I found myself tracking macros, I decided that it would be rather difficult to fit them in...and, now that I am at school, it is truly impossible to enjou a fresh, homemade snickerdoodle. Let me tell you what--PES brought the flavor RIGHT back to me. It was painful to take the last mouthful; this stuff is absolutely delicious. Hats off to PES. They delivered a quality protein powder with a beautiful nutrient panel, perfect mixability and unmatched flavoring. If you are a snickerdoodle fan, I HIGHLY advise finding yourself a tub of PES Select Protein. Video Review Coming Soon!
Product Test #6
Company : PESProducts : Select ProteinFlavor : SnickerdoodleServing Size: 27 Servings Initial Impression :The smell is incredible as soon as you open the tub, ingredient list looks top quality (filler free). Mixes perfectly smooth(used 8 ounces of milk) and the taste is AMAZING!This may just be a contender for my top protein! RatingsOverall : 10/10Flavor : 10/10Mixability : 10/10Ingredient Profile :10/10 Would I recommend this product/stack?YES! If you are looking to test a new protein this should be on your list.
Gonna make this short and sweet.....Damn Tasty. Got 2x Snickerdoodle and one chocolate (will give opinions tommarrow). This is profile wise one of the best, and taste is only SLIGHTLY if not even to the GOAT xf2.0 cin roll. Miles ahead of trutein, shredded labs, gaspari, dymatize, and cor cinamon flavors. Also got amino IV, the formulas should be good as im embracing an intermittant fasting protocol. Eat noon-8, wake up, 1scoop amino, workout 8sh to 10sh with 2 scoops amino, break fast with pes select, then hit macros
Select Protein is a great protein source for recovery and increasing basic protein levels. Usually, a protein with casein tends to mix horribly. Select mixes so well, you'd think it was an whey isolate. Now, I'm not usually a guy who goes for flavor. If a product works, I tend not to care if it tastes like garbage. I look forward to this after my workout, though! Snickerdoodle is absolutely fabulous! Tastes and smells like cookies! So far,also, my recovery has been great with it. It has the perfect mix of whey and casein by adding in the milk protein isolate with the whey concentrate. They did add in extra leucine peptides do increase protein synthesis. In laymans terms, you recover faster and get stronger faster. This is the perfect add-on to any regiment. Gotta love it when there's no BS.
Post will be edited to include future reviews.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Reserved for more reviews.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
I callz it like I seez it! LOL! Good stuff!

raz_kaz248

Awards
Just ordered my very first tub of PES Select Protein.....in Snickerdoodle. Never had before, I'll let you know what I think

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Maybe I can add your review to this thread at some point. :)