Don't feel any effect from Alphamime; still effective?

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I keep reading about how people love the effect Alphamine provides them, however I don't feel a thing. I am on lean gains protocol with my feeding window being 1-9pm. I take 2 scoops alphamine each morning around 8am, so think I should feel something.

i wasn't overly stimmed before starting, I was taking 3 small cups of coffee per morning and a preworkout on workout days containing a small dose (150mg) of caffeine. I workout 3 days a week.

I don't mind the lack of stim per se, but I want to know if the actives are still working. Do you need to feel the effects for the beta receptor actives to work?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your do not need to "feel" anything from Alphamine to get the fat loss benefits from the product. Have you only taken it it once so far?

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, like Rodja said...you don't need to feel anything..

For me personally, when I first took it for a couple of days, I could "feel" it but after a week or so, my body just adjusted to it and I no longer had that "feeling"..however, it doesn't mean that it's not working though. Definitely love this product!!!!

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've been taking it for almost a week now. I felt it the first day but nothing after. Thanks for the feedback, I will continue to use it, then! Was just wondering if perhaps a stim break then reincorporating it would be a more effective use of the product.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How about increasing the morning (fasted) dose to 3 scoops? Then just using a normal preworkout on my 3 workout days, nothing additional on my rest days? Is that just a waste of product?

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
How about increasing the morning (fasted) dose to 3 scoops? Then just using a normal preworkout on my 3 workout days, nothing additional on my rest days? Is that just a waste of product?
I suppose you can do that but 3 scoops would be the limit. If I dosed 3 scoops in the morning, then I would probably opt to using a non-stim pre workout supplement. On days that I work out, I dose 2 scoops pre workout but that's just me because it works.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I suppose you can do that but 3 scoops would be the limit. If I dosed 3 scoops in the morning, then I would probably opt to using a non-stim pre workout supplement. On days that I work out, I dose 2 scoops pre workout but that's just me because it works.
What do you think would be a better use of the ingredients? All in the morning (fasted, 4 hours before food), or all preworkout, which would be separated about 2 hours on both sides by food. Thanks!

Jakey

Awards
You were taking ~ 400mg of caffeine a day before using it so that probably didn't help in regards to feeling the stim effects (alphamine has 125mg per scoop).

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
What do you think would be a better use of the ingredients? All in the morning (fasted, 4 hours before food), or all preworkout, which would be separated about 2 hours on both sides by food. Thanks!
Alphamine is best used preworkout > fasted > not fasted. So hell, I'd take 2 scoops preworkout

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Alphamine is best used preworkout > fasted > not fasted. So hell, I'd take 2 scoops preworkout
Thanks mr.cooper!

is that still the case in conjunction with ABE, which I just started last week also? ie, 2 scoops alphamine AND two caps ABE pre workout?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks mr.cooper!

is that still the case in conjunction with ABE, which I just started last week also? ie, 2 scoops alphamine AND two caps ABE pre workout?
Yep that is how I do it. They compliment each other very well. :)

Aubb

Awards
I just finished a tub,and I can tell you I felt every single dose,of just 1 scoop in the mornings.
I'ts like wow, really more like WOW WEEEEEE for me,stuff makes me feel really good.
But I never drink coffee or use any other stims in my short 57 years of life.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just finished a tub,and I can tell you I felt every single dose,of just 1 scoop in the mornings.
I'ts like wow, really more like WOW WEEEEEE for me,stuff makes me feel really good.
But I never drink coffee or use any other stims in my short 57 years of life.
interesting. Guess it's time for a stim break after this tub ;)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thanks mr.cooper!

Yep, forskolin synergizes with alphamine

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Only have the intl version of alphamine.could i pimp this up by simply adding some primaforce yohimbinr hcl or is the pes extract that much different?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Only have the intl version of alphamine.could i pimp this up by simply adding some primaforce yohimbinr hcl or is the pes extract that much different?
The SA2-A extract is pretty unique, but if you don't have any issues with Y-hcl I think it would be worth a shot adding it to the Intl. Alphamine.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just a small update, I'm now 10 days into the ABE and 15 into Alphamine. I'm still not feeling anything from the Alphamine but I have read some articles on tolerance to caffeine, and how long term caffeine use blunts the euphoric feeling but any weight loss mechanisms are not affected (was reading about EC stacks). So I will continue on with Alphamine!

However I'm wondering if I should stop ABE and save it for when I increase calories after this cut. I'm down to a pretty low calorie intake (2180 on workout days 3x week, 1425 on rest days 4x week... I made these adjustments after 4 weeks of no weight loss at 2300/1500, and this is at 180lb). Am I wasting the ABE by not providing my body with enough calories to do anything anabolic? Obviously my goal is pure cut at the moment. I'm at about 11% and can see all six abs, I'm long past the water weight drop stage, and like I mentioned I just cut 5% more calories after a 4 week stall.

Don't want to waste $80 of ABE if I'm not taking in enough calories for the ingredients to do anything! I want to give it an honest chance in the ideal conditions. Any PES folks have any comment?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
You're not wasting the ABE by any means. It will work as long as you're eating a decent amount of protein.

That said, your calories (average under 1800) are VERY low. Don't always go by what the scale says. Did you not notice any positive mirror changes over 4 weeks? Your BF% isn't quite low enough to experience severe metabolic slowdown, and your bodyweight seems much too high for your low caloric intake, so something isn't adding up.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It's a big mystery to me as well. Mirror progress started out good then stopped progressing as well. Also strength stopped increasing on exercises I've been stronger on in the past when I was much heavier (in other words, the muscle memory is there but I'm not progressing). I do consume at least 180g protein per day (whole food only, no whey), and research I've read show that .8g/lb body weight is already more than the body can use out to several sigma confidence level.

I know the scale doesn't tell the whole picture but I was bouncing between 179 and 181 on the same scale for 4 weeks straight. Surely I wasn't losing the type of fat predicted by my deficit (~1 Lb/wk), and gaining the same amount of muscle, while not gaining any strength. 1lb/wk of pure muscle is physiologically impossible I think. Espec on no strength gains.

I won't cut calories further though. If another 3-4 weeks doesn't yield progress I'm throwing in the towel and bumping cals back up :(

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
One other point... I do subtract all fiber from carb counts when calculating my calories each day. On workout days I get around 75-90 grams and about 20 on rest days. Over a week this can add up to 1200-1400 "calories" per week that some folks would normally count. I know soluble fiber has 1-2 cals per gram due to fermentation etc but most of my fiber intake is insoluble (wheat, cellulose, etc). In other words, I chose a simple method and stuck with it rather than trying to separate soluble vs insoluble etc. in my opinion subtracting all fiber is more accurate than subtracting none, but it may make my cals seem a little lower than most people claim when they state how much they're eating...

i know now this isn't a diet advice thread but I do appreciate any knowledge I can get from the more knowledgeable folks :)

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you incorporate "cheat" meals ever?

What is your macro count per day?

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Do you incorporate "cheat" meals ever?

What is your macro count per day?
It's been several weeks since I've had a binge cheat.

190/265/40 P/C/F workout days, most cals post workout

180/40/60 P/C/F rest days, eaten in small meals throughout the 8 hour window usually.

Again in these carb totals are with all fiber subtracted, which can be 75-100g per day on workout days, and about 10-20g on rest days.

Thanks for any help brother :)

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's been several weeks since I've had a binge cheat. 190/265/40 P/C/F workout days, most cals post workout 180/40/60 P/C/F rest days, eaten in small meals throughout the 8 hour window usually. Again in these carb totals are with all fiber subtracted, which can be 75-100g per day on workout days, and about 10-20g on rest days. Thanks for any help brother :)
Cheat meals or refeeds can be very beneficial especially when you calories are that low.

Your fats are way too low especially with your carbs only being at 265 (or 165 with not counting the fiber).

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Cheat meals or refeeds can be very beneficial especially when you calories are that low.

Your fats are way too low especially with your carbs only being at 265 (or 165 with not counting the fiber).
Actually it'd be 365 not counting the fiber.

I realize my fats are low and that is indeed my main concern. However I just don't have any room to add them in on my rest day. Can't really practically cut carbs any further, and don't think I should cut any more from protein. I suppose I could add more on workout day but you're supposed to keep it low on those days.

I've read the Lyle McDonald articles on refeeds and rest weeks etc, but I thought the point of lean gains was that it wasn't necessary due to the 3x per week "refeeds" you get on workout days. Lyles ultimate diet 2.0 is basically a long session of "rest days" followed by one or two days of massive refeed. Lean gains split that up into having calories on the workout days.

Again, weight was stable for 4 weeks, and thermodynamics don't lie :(. Don't know what else to do but cut cals more. I'll give it 4 more weeks then take one or two weeks totally off of I'm still not making progress.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What were you macros and calories prior to starting your cut? Did you drastically cut carbs to start cutting?

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What were you macros and calories prior to starting your cut? Did you drastically cut carbs to start cutting?
Didn't really count them last year. Sporadically I would use myfitnesspal and I still used intermittent fasting, but wasn't counting nearly as carefully as I am now. So, "I don't know".

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Didn't really count them last year. Sporadically I would use myfitnesspal and I still used intermittent fasting, but wasn't counting nearly as carefully as I am now. So, "I don't know".
Just was curious. Your situation tends to happen when people go from say 400-500 carbs per day on a bulk and then start cutting and drop the carb count to about 100-200 as well as dropping calories too fast to quick. This makes it difficult to lose that extra weight / body fat once you get to a certain point.

I would say keep doing what you are doing for a few more weeks. If nothing happens, up your kcals bit by bit for a while then try to come back down slowly.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just was curious. Your situation tends to happen when people go from say 400-500 carbs per day on a bulk and then start cutting and drop the carb count to about 100-200 as well as dropping calories too fast to quick. This makes it difficult to lose that extra weight / body fat once you get to a certain point.

I would say keep doing what you are doing for a few more weeks. If nothing happens, up your kcals bit by bit for a while then try to come back down slowly.
Thank you sir! That's the path I'm going to take :)

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's been several weeks since I've had a binge cheat.

190/265/40 P/C/F workout days, most cals post workout

180/40/60 P/C/F rest days, eaten in small meals throughout the 8 hour window usually.

Again in these carb totals are with all fiber subtracted, which can be 75-100g per day on workout days, and about 10-20g on rest days.

Thanks for any help brother :)
Does anyone else see that he's subtracting 75-100g carbs a day from fiber?

That's an excessive amount if fiber and can cause a host of different issues. I'd look into that.

If plateaued at your current cals slowly add calories as your body is way to efficient at drawing all the energy from what your eating

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does anyone else see that he's subtracting 75-100g carbs a day from fiber? That's an excessive amount if fiber and can cause a host of different issues. I'd look into that. If plateaued at your current cals slowly add calories as your body is way to efficient at drawing all the energy from what your eating
Ya I noted that earlier.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Does anyone else see that he's subtracting 75-100g carbs a day from fiber?

That's an excessive amount if fiber and can cause a host of different issues. I'd look into that.

If plateaued at your current cals slowly add calories as your body is way to efficient at drawing all the energy from what your eating
I'm not subtracting the fiber FROM those totals, I am not adding it TO those totals. So if I have 80g fiber my carbs on workout day would be 265+80= 345. :).

Can you link me to some credible sources on how too much fiber is bad? Most of it in my diet comes from lower carb stuff like low carb tortillas, bread, etc, which the food industry seems to compensate for with more fiber, and also veggies and kashi cereal. I do weigh all my veggies and eat quite a lot of them for satiety.

I'm kinda stuck in this loop where I need more food to feel full, and normal bread or tortillas would take up way too much of my daily calorie allotment (two slices of normal bread in a sandwich would be 10% of my daily cals on rest day!), so that's why I lean towards the fiber containing foods...

edit: what should I expect when raising calories? Will body weight stay the same as my body becomes "less efficient"? Or will I gain weight then have to cut it off again later? I'm genuinely interested in what you have to say but some more detail and links to studies/articles would be appreciated :).

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should be shooting for about 20-30 grams of fiber per day.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You should be shooting for about 20-30 grams of fiber per day.
I'm not trying to be confrontational, but can you please link me to a study or credible article thst explains the threshold at which fiber becomes bad? On what do you base your number?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not trying to be confrontational, but can you please link me to a study or credible article thst explains the threshold at which fiber becomes bad? On what do you base your number?
Looking right now.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thank you sir! I will read them, always willing to learn and correct bad habits.by the way, I've only hit 100g fiber on one day in my whole cut. Usually it is around 75g, and then only on workout days...

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just looked at all those... All of them would seem to indicate that fiber intake is a good thing, and I didn't see upper limit being discussed. In fact after browsing I'm even more confident with my 75g per day on workout days.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fiber binds to minerals and a too much of it can cause insufficient absorption and deficiency. The main ones susceptible to it are going to be calcium, magnesium, and zinc. IMO, anything over 50g is going to be pushing it especially at your level of carb intake.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you sir! I will read them, always willing to learn and correct bad habits.by the way, I've only hit 100g fiber on one day in my whole cut. Usually it is around 75g, and then only on workout days...
You must not have read the last link where they stated the recommended daily dose is around 38 grams for men.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Check this article, scroll down to the comments section for a journal article that says hunter gatherer humans consumed 100-150g fiber http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/fiber-its-natures-broom.html
The article you linked clearly states 100-150 is absolutely ridiculous amount per day. Also states, 20-30 grams per day is recommended if your calorie count is in the range of 2000-3000 calories per day (which for your off days, is much more calories then you consume).

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
After finishing my 1425 calories today, I was still famished, so I had a bit of a cheat. 2 scoops of whey, 1/2 a container of strawberries (these prior two ingredients being made into protein fluffs), 2 huge bowls of cereal and almond milk, an apple, and a nutrigrain bar. Not quite an "epic" cheat by any means but I am absolutely stuffed.