Abieta-8,11,13-trien-18-oic acid

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

(aka Dehydroabietic Acid.)

Estrogen

Isolation and biological activities of neomyrrhao... [Planta Med. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

Isolation and biological activities of neomyrrhaol and other terpenes from the resin of Commiphora myrrha.

Su SL, Duan JA, Tang YP, Zhang X, Yu L, Jiang FR, Zhou W, Luo D, Ding AW.
    Source

Jiangsu Key Laboratory for TCM Formulae Research, Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing, PR China.

Abstract

A new cycloartane-type triterpene named cycloartane-1alpha,2alpha,3beta,25-tetraol (neomyrrhaol) (1), along with four known terpenes, sandaracopimaric acid (2), abietic acid (3), 2-methoxy-5-acetoxyfruranogermacr-1(10)-en-6-one (4), and dehydroabietic acid (5) have been isolated from the resin of COMMIPHORA MYRRHA. Their structures were elucidated by means of 1D, 2 D NMR and HR-mass spectroscopy. Compounds 2-5 are known compounds but not previously isolated from the resin of C. MYRRHA. Compounds 4 and 5 exhibited significant aromatase inhibiting activity with IC50 values at 0.2 microM and 0.3 microM, respectively. As shown in the MTT assay, 2, 3, 4, and 5 had inhibitory effects on HUVEC growth with IC50 values of 0.122 microM (2), 0.125 microM (3), 0.069 microM (5). Compounds 1-5 did not inhibit contraction of the isolated uterine and did not protect HUVEC from damage induced by H2O2 at the tested concentration.

IC50 means the concentration which inhibits half of the aromatase enzyme. So the lower the IC50, the more potent the aromatase inhibition.

The IC50 of dehydroabietic acid is 0.3 mu. M. (mu = micro). This is in comparison to an IC50 of 6.5 mu for 3-OHAT, 0.43 mu for 6-oxo, and 0.6 mu of formestane. The lower the IC50, the more potent the compound is at inhibiting aromatase. The previous rendition of Erase used a compound with a slightly lower IC50 value, but it was very close, making this a moot point. Why? Because one can simply use a higher dose of DHAA (>75 mg per day) to compensate and exceed the differences in potency. DHAA also comes with several additional effects (read below).

Remember, lower IC50 = more potent.

In vivo: In fish, DHAA has an anti-estrogenic effect that is actually unfavorable because this obviously disrupts female reproduction in fish, which means less offspring, which means less fish in the food supply. This occurs at the level of the estrogen receptor, adding a second layer to the previously mentioned MOA of aromatase inhibition. Whether or not this carries over to healthy human male, non-carcinoma cells is unknown.

Fat Loss, Blood Glucose, and Triglycerides

Dehydroabietic acid, a diterpene, improve... [Biofactors. 2009 Sep-Oct] - PubMed - NCBI

Dehydroabietic acid, a diterpene, improves diabetes and hyperlipidemia in obese diabetic KK-Ay mice.

Kang MS, Hirai S, Goto T, Kuroyanagi K, Kim YI, Ohyama K, Uemura T, Lee JY, Sakamoto T, Ezaki Y, Yu R, Takahashi N, Kawada T.

Source

Laboratory of Molecular Function of Food, Division of Food Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Uji, Kyoto, Japan.
    Erratum in
    Biofactors. 2010 May-Jun;36(3):240.

Abstract

Terpenoids, which are contained in a large number of dietary and herbal plants, have many biological effects. In this study, the effects of dehydroabietic acid (DAA), a diterpene, on glucose and lipid metabolism were examined using obese diabetic KK-Ay mice. We showed here that DAA treatment decreased not only plasma glucose and insulin levels but also plasma triglyceride (TG) and hepatic TG levels. To examine the mechanism underlying the effects of DAA, the production of inflammatory cytokines was measured. It was shown that the DAA treatment suppressed the production of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) and tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNFalpha) (proinflammatory cytokines) and increased that of adiponectin (an anti-inflammatory cytokine). As a result of the changes in the production of inflammatory cytokines caused by the DAA treatment, the accumulation of macrophages in adipose tissues was reduced. These results indicate that treatment with DAA improves the levels of plasma glucose, plasma insulin, plasma TG, and hepatic TG through the decrease in the macrophage infiltration into adipose tissues, suggesting that DAA is a useful food-derived compound for treating obesity-related diseases.

Summary:

1. In the above figures, "beza" is a pharmaceutical used to lower triglycerides and "pio" is a pharmaceutical used to lower glucose/insulin.

2. Dehydroabietic acid was roughly as effective as the clinical drug "pio" in reducing blood glucose.

3. Dehydroabietic acid was roughly as effective as the clinical drug "beza" for lowering triglycerides.

4. Dehydroabietic acid is orally bioavailable in mammals.

5. Dehydroabietic acid reduces various inflammatory markers like MCP-1 and TNF-alpha, which are associated with, among other things, obesity and joint disorders/pain.

6. Dehydroabietic acid elevates adiponectin, a hormone produced by lean, low bodyfat humans primarily that keeps insulin sensitivity high.

Dehydroabietic acid activates peroxisome ... [Biofactors. 2011 Jul-Aug] - PubMed - NCBI

Dehydroabietic acid activates peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ and stimulates insulin-dependent glucose uptake into 3T3-L1 adipocytes.

Takahashi N, Yao R, Kang MS, Senda M, Ando C, Nishimura K, Goto T, Hirai S, Ezaki Y, Kawada T.

Source

Laboratory of Molecular Function of Food, Division of Food Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Uji, Kyoto, Japan.

Abstract

Dehydroabietic acid (DAA) is a food-derived terpenoid with various bioactivities. Our previous study has revealed that DAA activates peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ (PPARγ) in luciferase assay and suppresses chronic inflammation in obese adipose tissues. In this study, we examined the effects of DAA on adipocyte differentiation. DAA treatment stimulated the adipocyte differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocytes. The DAA treatment increased the mRNA expression levels of adipocyte differentiation marker genes such as aP2, lipoprotein lipase (LPL), and PPARγ. In particular, the expression level of adiponectin, which is an adipocytokine with stimulatory effects on insulin sensitivity, was increased at both the mRNA and protein levels by the DAA treatment. Moreover, the DAA treatment stimulated insulin-dependent glucose uptake into differentiated 3T3-L1 adipocytes. These findings indicate that DAA stimulates adipocyte differentiation and insulin sensitivity in 3T3-L1 cells, suggesting that DAA is a valuable food-derived compound for the management of metabolic syndrome.

Summary:

1. Of all the tested compounds, dehydroabietic acid had the highest affinity for all three PPARs. Few compounds, both in nature and in pharmaceuticals, are known to stimulate all three PPAR receptors.

For those who don't know what the PPARs do, here is a summary from wikipedia:

"PPARα and PPARγ are the molecular targets of a number of marketed drugs. For instance the hypolipidemic fibrates activate PPARα, and the anti diabetic thiazolidinediones activate PPARγ. The synthetic chemical perfluorooctanoic acid activates PPARα while the synthetic perfluorononanoic acid activates both PPARα and PPARγ. Berberine activates PPARγ."

Examples of other PPAR agonists: TTA, berberine, etc.

Dehydroabietic acid, a phytochemi... [Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

Dehydroabietic acid, a phytochemical, acts as ligand for PPARs in macrophages and adipocytes to regulate inflammation.

Kang MS, Hirai S, Goto T, Kuroyanagi K, Lee JY, Uemura T, Ezaki Y, Takahashi N, Kawada T.

Source

Laboratory of Molecular Function of Food, Division of Food Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Uji, Kyoto 611-0011, Japan.

Abstract

Obesity is characterized by an enhanced infiltration of macrophages to adipose tissues, which is closely associated with the low-grade inflammatory state and obesity-related pathologies such as type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. We showed here that dehydroabietic acid (DAA) is a potent PPARalpha/gamma dual activator. Furthermore, we examined the anti-inflammatory effects of DAA in stimulated macrophages and in the coculture of macrophages and adipocytes. DAA significantly suppressed the production of proinflammatory mediators such as MCP-1, TNF-alpha, and NO in stimulated RAW 264 macrophages and in the coculture of RAW 264 macrophages and 3T3-L1 adipocytes. These results suggest that DAA is a valuable medicinal and food component for improving inflammatory changes associated with obesity-related diabetes.

Summary:

1. Further confirmation that dehydroabietic acid modulates multiple PPARs.

2. It has the ability to reduce inflammation associated with obesity, which recent research shows is a significant factor in potentiating metabolic syndrome and other fat-related, unhealthy conditions.

Kang, Min-Sook, Shizuka Hirai, Tsuyoshi Goto, Kayo Kuroyanagi, Joo-Young Lee, Taku Uemura, Yoichiro Ezaki, Nobuyuki Takahashi, and Teruo Kawada. "Dehydroabietic Acid, a Phytochemical, Acts as Ligand for PPARs in Macrophages and Adipocytes to Regulate Inflammation." Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications369.2 (2008): 333-38. Web.

Kang, Min-Sook, Shizuka Hirai, Tsuyoshi Goto, Kayo Kuroyanagi, Young-II Kim, Kana Ohyama, Taku Uemura, Joo-Young Lee, Tomoya Sakamoto, Yoichiro Ezaki, Rina Yu, Nobuyuki Takahashi, and Teruo Kawada. "Dehydroabietic Acid, a Diterpene, Improves Diabetes and Hyperlipidemia in Obese Diabetic KK-Ay Mice." BioFactors35.5 (2009): 442-48. Web.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.5%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

TL;DR

Body Performance Solutions Representative

Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.45%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Cooper strikes again. Time to form an orderly line and camp out waiting fir Epro to drop. Great info here
    Athletix Representative
    Orbit Nutrition Representative;
    Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbit!
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.97%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Nice. But first time reading I was like uuuuuhhhhh. Need to re-read about 3 times lol
    [/COLOR]I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.06%

I'll be doing an unsponsored log of this around January along with x gels and a natty t booster. You better not let me down PES. Any suggestions on a natty t booster? Preferably one that doesn't contain L-dopa or DAA
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.5%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by xam2991 View Post
    I'll be doing an unsponsored log of this around January along with x gels and a natty t booster. You better not let me down PES. Any suggestions on a natty t booster? Preferably one that doesn't contain L-dopa or DAA
    One that doesn't contain DAA? Why no DAA?

Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.06%

Possible neurotoxicity
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.5%

Quote Originally Posted by xam2991 View Post
    Possible neurotoxicity
    At 3g ED? I've seen nothing to support that at normal dosing.

What about L-Dopa, why avoid that?

9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.06%

I've tried DAA twice before with no ill side effects. I'm skeptical as well, but you never know. It hasn't been proven whether on not DAA is safe. Maybe I'm just being overly cautious?
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.06%

And I just don't like how my mood is on L-dopa. I become impulsive as hell
  11. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.32%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Beautiful collection of data here
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  12. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Going to have to go back over that a few times. Awesome stuff though!
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.97%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Going to have to go back over that a few times. Awesome stuff though!
    Lol that's what I said.
    [/COLOR]I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.45%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

I've read through twice now and upon closer examination it only impressed me further. This is going to be another PES hit for sure.
    Athletix Representative
  15. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

I have to read it but still want to try it. Supposedly it will be better on joints. Erase pro I couldn't handle because after 2-3 days I could barely walk.
    S.N.S. Rep

T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  16. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.32%

Joint pain should not be an issue
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  17. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post

So I could be the perfect tester since I had problems with E Pro and original erase.
    S.N.S. Rep

T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Does anyone have the cliff notes version of what coop said??? LOL!!
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.06%

Im intrigued. If the new epro delivers on all of the things outlinedby coop I will be truly impressed
  20. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

Quote Originally Posted by cbsharpe View Post
    Omg....read everything I bolded or underlined!
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.5%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

Can't see bold or underline on the app.

Just sayin.

22. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.39%

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Can't see bold or underline on the app. Just sayin.
    I can.
    PES Representative
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.5%

I can.
    AM app or Tapatalk?

I've never been able to with the AM app.

24. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.39%

AM App.
    PES Representative
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.5%

AM App.
    iPhone, I assume?

I can't on the android app, none of the formatting options show.

26. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.39%

Ya, iPhone.
    PES Representative
  27. Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I have to read it but still want to try it. Supposedly it will be better on joints. Erase pro I couldn't handle because after 2-3 days I could barely walk.
    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Because of the inclusion of the Uncaria extract with the formula ?

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    snsgamers.com
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.4%

Ok cooper..calm down man...didn't mean to upset you or anything...LOL!
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.45%

He puts a lot of work into both the product formulation and explanations never question the Cooper :P

This was a post of research studies involving the new compounds, for a simpler explanation wait for the write-up to hit the PES website.
    Athletix Representative
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.4%

Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    He puts a lot of work into both the product formulation and explanations never question the Cooper :P

This was a post of research studies involving the new compounds, for a simpler explanation wait for the write-up to hit the PES website.
    Thanks Driven, but I don't mind asking a question to anyone if I have one. I'm not going to assume that I know what one person is talking about without asking. I know Coop knows his stuff because he has helped me out tremendously with other products.

With all that said, I will wait for the write-up for sure.
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.05%

Why is Arimistane cut off the graph showing IC50 levels? The name is in green, but I see no green bar and it's clear the top is cut off.
  32. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

Quote Originally Posted by kaikara View Post
    Why is Arimistane cut off the graph showing IC50 levels? The name is in green, but I see no green bar and it's clear the top is cut off.
    To avoid confusion since "skimmers" will naturally look at Arimistane in the graph for obvious reasons
  33. Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post

Because of the inclusion of the Uncaria extract with the formula ?
    Bump for Coop

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    snsgamers.com
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Ready for the epro!
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.17%

This looks very cool. So this compound will have both AI and GDA effects???
  36. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.07%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cbsharpe View Post
    Basically, better AI inhibition in a cell-based assay compared to a few other common AIs, lowered inflammation levels, and seemingly positive profile on lipids/glucose metabolism.

To avoid confusion since "skimmers" will naturally look at Arimistane in the graph for obvious reasons
    But for those wanting to compare to Erase/Erase Pro, this is the most relevant. What was the IC50 of arimistane?

Either way, compound seems interesting and looks even more promising as a cutting agent. Will have to check out some of the other articles posted.
    Olympus Labs Forum Rep
    Turning men into demigods
    olympus-labs.com
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.4%

Quote Originally Posted by Segansational View Post
    Basically, better AI inhibition in a cell-based assay compared to a few other common AIs, lowered inflammation levels, and seemingly positive profile on lipids/glucose metabolism.

But for those wanting to compare to Erase/Erase Pro, this is the most relevant. What was the IC50 of arimistane?

Either way, compound seems interesting and looks even more promising as a cutting agent. Will have to check out some of the other articles posted.
    Thanks amigo!
  38. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.97%

Great job Cy
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.05%

Quote Originally Posted by Segansational View Post

I did a google image search for the rest of the graph. Arimistane is .22. Just slightly better than the new compound at .3.
  40. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.91%

Would you need to separate the dose away from ara if the two were stacked?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Trenavar question (estra-4 9 11-triene-3 17)
    By liftallday123 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 05:59 PM
  2. Going from 13.3%bf to 11%, help?
    By ih8uselessppl in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 03:08 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 05:42 PM
  4. DanTman's CUTTING log...starting 11/13/05
    By danTman2 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 379