Headache from Enhanced?

propho

Awards
  • Established
Not knocking on Enhanced as I got another bottle coming to me.. but is there any other type of supplement that may cause Enhanced to give me a headache when I workout? Usually a few sets in I always get a headache.. if I take it pre-workout the headache is so bad I can't even continue. I now take it earlier in the day so the focus is there but not as much so I don't get as bad of a headache.

I have been making sure I'm hydrated etc. Will taking other Nootropics, NO products. or Test Boosters cause a headache with this? Sorry very vague but I hate that I can't take it close to my workouts..

The headache can be so bad it lasts more than 24 hours..

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is your dosage?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This sounds like the nitrates are causing this problem.

propho

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for chiming in guys!

Two scoops left me with a headache for 2 days after my 2nd set in on rows..
I did one scoop on Monday and during incline bench on my 3rd set in my headache returned for about a day..
Today I took one scoop ~3p and worked out ~9p and I got a slight headache but nothing major..

So possibly the Nitrates then? Anything to counteract the headaches coming from them outside of not taking it?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like the leucine nitrate. I would try .5 scoops and see if that helps at all. If it does, work your way up to a full scoop and see if you notice any headaches again.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like the leucine nitrate. I would try .5 scoops and see if that helps at all. If it does, work your way up to a full scoop and see if you notice any headaches again.
Try this to start. Do you have any experience with other nitrate containing products?

propho

Awards
  • Established
Try this to start. Do you have any experience with other nitrate containing products?
At the gym right now.. 1/2 scoop and I instantly got a throbbing headache on my first set.. *depressed*

This is the first nitrate containing product I have tried. :( I don't understand why lifting gives me a headache though. I can take it otherwise with no problem.. May just have to switch back to alphamine..

propho

Awards
  • Established
Been reading I could take vitamin c to counter the negative effects of nitrates? Anyone else have experience or read similar?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There is vitamin c already in Enhanced but vitamin c is not to decrease the effects it is to inhibit nitrosamine formation.

So you don't get headaches if you dose Enhanced away from your lifts?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you get headaches from any other pre-workout? What other supplements are you taking?

propho

Awards
  • Established
derp didn't notice that.. you guys are on top of your game :18: I only started developing headaches since I have been taking Enhanced preworkout.. I will workout without Enhanced on Monday and let you know how it goes.. I think I'm just getting old :crying:

propho

Awards
  • Established
So you get headaches from any other pre-workout? What other supplements are you taking?
Nope, this is the first time.. it's rough cuz I can't lift heavy now without getting a headache..

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you checked your BP both before and after taking Enhanced? Not saying Enhanced is the issue but maybe high or low BP. Curious.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you checked your BP both before and after taking Enhanced? Not saying Enhanced is the issue but maybe high or low BP. Curious.
I echo this.

propho

Awards
  • Established
Didn't take Enhanced today.. No headache :( and I purposely pushed myself extra hard to see if a headache would come on.. I guess I'll let my wife use my two containers worth..

I'll get my blood pressure checked out.. I REALLY want to take Enhanced because aside from the headache the focus is insane..

Touey

Touey

Awards
Didn't take Enhanced today.. No headache :( and I purposely pushed myself extra hard to see if a headache would come on.. I guess I'll let my wife use my two containers worth..

I'll get my blood pressure checked out.. I REALLY want to take Enhanced because aside from the headache the focus is insane..
Do you have artificial sweetener sensitivities. I only am asking because in the Enhanced there is Sucralose and I know some who have headache from that or Acesulfame-K too. ...........................................................................................................................................................Popular sweetner sucralose as a migraine trigger.

Patel RM, Sarma R, Grimsley E.
Source

Department of Internal Medicine, Mercer University School of Medicine, Macon, GA, USA.

Abstract

Sucralose (trichlorogalactosucrose, or better known as Splenda) is an artificial sweetener from native sucrose that was approved by the FDA on April 1, 1998 (April Fool's Day). This observation of a potential causal relationship between sucralose and migraines may be important for physicians to remember this can be a possible trigger during dietary history taking. Identifying further triggers for migraine headaches, in this case sucralose, may help alleviate some of the cost burden (through expensive medical therapy or missed work opportunity) as well as provide relief to migraineurs.

propho

Awards
  • Established
Do you have artificial sweetener sensitivities. I only am asking because in the Enhanced there is Sucralose and I know some who have headache from that or Acesulfame-K too.
I haven't really had problems with artificial sweeteners except for coke zero made my sides cramp but that was the extent of it.. I actually try to avoid artificial sweetener as much as I can and I actually created a thread in PES regarding unflavored blends.. though obviously it would only be popular among a select group of people :tongue2:

bananaClip

bananaClip

Awards
  • Established
mayb try taking enhanced with lots of water.
i actually mix enhanced with creatine, taurine, HMB, beta alanine(my preworkout stack) with roughyl 16-20 oz of water
some good flavored BCAA(i dont dig the blue razz taste)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep us updated. I hope you find the solution.

propho

Awards
  • Established
Haven't checked my blood pressure but still no headache since I stopped.. I am tempted to try it again just to see.. Lol

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Haven't checked my blood pressure but still no headache since I stopped.. I am tempted to try it again just to see.. Lol
Try again with lots of water, let us know

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck. :)

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OP, for safety, highly suggest checking your BP. Walmart has a free testing station near the pharmacy. Important that you know what your BP is as you get older or go on cycle or on PWO.

propho

Awards
  • Established
OP, for safety, highly suggest checking your BP. Walmart has a free testing station near the pharmacy. Important that you know what your BP is as you get older or go on cycle or on PWO.
Yeah, I'm going to try and go this weekend work was death this week..

propho

Awards
  • Established
Still haven't gotten around to checking my BP.. So I haven't tried enhanced again.. No headaches thus far though.. Been taking he old school alpha t2 to compensate

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Still haven't gotten around to checking my BP.. So I haven't tried enhanced again.. No headaches thus far though.. Been taking he old school alpha t2 to compensate
Thanks for the update, again let us know about enhanced when you try it

propho

Awards
  • Established
Just gave it another go... No headache this round.. Maybe it was a combination of it and my allergies??? Otherwise, I got no idea.. Today was my cable machine tour I now do on Fridays so not really as intense..

My blood pressure was fine when I checked though..

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just gave it another go... No headache this round.. Maybe it was a combination of it and my allergies??? Otherwise, I got no idea.. Today was my cable machine tour I now do on Fridays so not really as intense..

That's awesome news. Lets hope your next workout and the ones that follow are headache free also.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards

Great news!

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I loved Enhanced when I used it the first week or so, then every time I used it I would get out of breath and turn ice cold with profuse sweating. I gave it to a friend. Was good at first, it just reacts badly with my system.