Alphamax question (headache)

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I was just wondering if anyone else reported a dull headache. I've been taking alphamax a week and had this headache 3-4 days. I'm trying to figure out where it might be coming from.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not that I recall. Are you staying hydrated? Any other supps?

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
None here either

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I'm hydrated.

Also taking c4 pre workout and zinc, magnesium, selenium, and dhea 3x a day (for hormonal building blocks)

I know c4 could cause a headache short term but this has gone on a while.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would drop the additional zinc and magnesium while on Alphamax.

See if that helps.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
"Getting more than the recommended amount of zinc can cause adverse reactions, often involving the stomach and intestines. The first sign could be a metallic taste in your mouth after taking zinc. Additional symptoms of too much zinc include decreased appetite, cramping pain in the stomach, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. People may also get a headache, dizziness or drowsiness after ingesting zinc. Taking zinc supplements with meals might help ease some stomach distress, notes the University of Maryland Medical Center, as well as help determine if stomach distress is a side effect or a symptom of too much zinc."

Theres quite a bit of instances of people complaining of headaches after Zinc so I would drop that first and see if it subsides.