1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

PowerMax Reviews from some Good Bros!

There is no reviews on PowerMax on this forum yet so just wanted to post some up from some reputable members!

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

Perform Max Labs POWERMAX

Mixed up.. Ready to roll for legs today.

Feedback later this afternoon.
    Smells delicious and mix's very easy

Full review tonight

Big Thanks to ADizzle for the samples!

Day 1

Taste

Full Packet ( 2 Scoops ) in 16oz of water

No joke straight up Fruit Punch Kool-Aid as a kid, not overpowering not underpowering, no bitter taste, just very refreshing from the first sip to the after taste. This was very refreshing and enjoying. I like to take down my pre - workout in about 4-5 gulps but i was sipping on this for 15 minutes on the way home from work before heading to the gym. Very good flavored product that is not overpowering or underpowering, this suits me just right as far as taste goes and it is very refreshing to drink! Thumbs up

Mixibility

Picutre says 1000 words. 0 problems, no particles or debree

Energy

- The aspect of energy got to me about 30-45 minutes after taking this down. As i was warming up on legs today i did not really feel the kick until about my warm-ups were done and a good 2-3 working sets in before my top sets came around. So it is slow to come but when it did it was very good and very long lasting. Nothing overpowering like i said, but it gave you what you needed to power through a good workout

Focus

This is where it shined, once it hit it stuck with you. Think tunnel vision, i dont even know what was playing on my ipod, I just kept focusing on hammering out sets after sets after sets. I got into the zone and just started to focus on the next exercise, the next rep, and the next working set. This was a great aspect of the product

Pumps/Vascularity

Even being 3 months post-show i still get very vascular legs because they are a very lean bodypart for me. So i have to say this was present, even while keeping reps around the 5-8 rep range and no true hypertrophy. I am sure that would be brutal and leave me having a very hard time walking out of the gym in that case I will try to avoid that, but when i hit upperbody tomorrow i will see how much i can get my upper body to pop a bit.

Overall

Very pleased with this for day 1. I will report further when i take this tomorrow for day 2!

Thanks again for the samples!
    Day 2

Taste

No Change from Day 1, Mixed the same, but just took it upon waking this morning.

Mixibility

Picutre says 1000 words. 0 problems, no particles or debree

Energy

- Different scenario on empty stomach upon waking, so the energy came quicker on a very empty stomach overnight. Energy hit and stuck right away, which shows that when taking pre-workouts on empty stomachs they do help reflect the results and effects a product truly has. So this is where the product will shine but most will utilize after a pre-workout meal or around food.

Focus

Focus shined just like mentioned in day 1, once the energy and product settled it, it was game on, high reps, and pump tastic.

Pumps/Vascularity

Even being 3 months post-show i still get very vascular legs because they are a very lean bodypart for me. So a picture?

This was post-workout with minimal shoulder and tricep work. Just mostly Chest/Back/Bicep

Overall

A solid pre-workout, a good profile, and depending on price could be very affordable and something to consider for many. Again it will vary per user on how they respond and utilize the product, but this is something well worth a shot in the future.

Thanks again for the samples ADizzle!
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    Fitmax: Fat Burning Energizing Pre Workout!
    Alphamax: Advanced Myotropic Complex...Alpha Begins Here

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.67%

Another one!
    Quote Originally Posted by neddo View Post
    PERFORMAX LABS

Performaxx

Big thanks to Performax Labs for sending out (2) sample packets for me to get a taste for . Gracias bromigos!

Headed to the gym, full packet (2 scoop) down the hatch

TASTE - Fruit Punch flavored. First packet hurt a little bit, not the FP I expected -- kind of off-flavored at first though (chugged it back). Second packet was similar, but I slowed down drinking and tried to taste it a bit and it grew some the second time around, a bit more 'exotic' flavoring sort of (no easy way to explain it) but there was still a strong flavor the stood out that just didn't remind me of FP. Initially, I couldn't make it through a tub in terms of flavor, but after my second dosing it wasn't as bad (similar to having Clout's flavor grow on me, despite despising it at first). 7.5/10

MIXABILITY - As pictured above (even though I didn't get an 'under' shot), mixability was fantastic. No settling.
    10/10

ENERGY - This is a relatively 'bad' area for me to review, as I'm very stim tolerant (long story short: It's not by my own accord, nor do stim breaks alleviate it in the slightest). With that said, I noticed a low key energy drive that was cleaner feeling than some others I've used. Similar to a White Flood energy base, despite it having a nice profile for energy. 8/10

FOCUS - Alright, this was the product shiner IMO. Akin to a low drive energy, this immediate focus that hit within 10 minutes of ingestion (both 2hours post-meal per my first lift, and fasted per my second) and I was ready for some iron shiftage. Focus was very good, clean, and lasted throughout both lifts and even for a while afterwards. It wasn't an intense, in your face focus (again, similar to the energy component) but a more subdued "Let's ****ing do this" feel. 9/10

PUMPS - I don't want to end on a sour note, as I feel the pumps were more the expected portion of this product based off the profile of agmatine and citrulline, but I just didn't get the biggest push in the department either lift. That said, the pumps were mild or so at best in my experience. I had better pumps with my Back/Shoulders day post-fed lift than my fasted Chest/Arms lift, but still mild-lowmoderate at best. 6/10

OVERALL - The energy and focus, along with the endurance aiding from the prior two factors + citrulline are what drive the product IMO. I had a great couple workouts, and would consider purchasing a tub given the available funds. This reminds me very much of a White Flood in my limited stim experience (I opt for non-stim, due to lack of stimulant effects again), something I could also see myself using as a study aid. I think the NMT in particular was what I responded best to, and also an interesting note was having plenty of energy and endurance to make my lifts last almost well into 2 hours both times -- had to force myself out. The first time (Back/Shoulders), I was literally shocked I had been there so long, and felt I could've kept going. lol 8/10

Thanks again, Performax Labs.

Misc note: their customer support is great. They mailed me out a few samples, and then emailed to make sure I had received them and always returned emails (various small talk regarding Powermaxx). Big
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.67%

And Another
    Quote Originally Posted by Massicio View Post
    Performax Labs - Powermax

Big thanks to the people at Performax labs for the samples!

Taste/Mixability - Taste is subjective but I felt it was a little hard to place. Not your typical fruit punch, wasn't bad by any means. I felt like I couldn't get the water amount right. I would start low and slowly add but never found that amount where I felt it was perfect. But not complaints and definitely more enjoyable than some other products. The mixability was good.. some slight sediment but that is to be expected and nothing to complain about. A couple swirls and it was gone.

Initial Thoughts - When I first saw the formula I liked the concept that they had taken. They kept the formula simple yet effective and they didn't throw in anything no one had heard of or would question.[/b]

Energy: 8/10 - I'll come out and say that I am pretty damn stim tolerant. I haven't taken a break since probably the beginning of summer and I enjoy my stims throughout the day. That being said I went a head and took a double serving (1 full packet) The initial effects weren't a big kick or overly noticeable more of a subtle and smooth increase in energy and when it peaked I was at a good point. I wasn't over stimmed, nor was I underwhelmed.

Focus: 7/10 - Goes a long with the energy in that it was a smooth and subtle increase. Nothing too out of the ordinary but felt like I had a bit of extra drive.

Pump: 7/10 - Since I took a double serving I was hoping that the pump ingredients would be dosed well enough to provide for a nice pump. I haven't used a pump product in a LONG time so I can definitely tell a difference. Powermax gave an increase in pump and some more vascularity; however, not to the extent of a some other products.

Overall - 7.5/10 - I liked the simple yet effective formula, and the nice smooth energy and focus. I feel the pump was a bit lacking but was still noticeable. At the price point its definitely a solid product. I feel like I would definitely get more out of it if I weren't so tolerant to stims.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.67%

From Smitty

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Firstly, a thank you to Performax Labs for not only inviting sample requests, but sending the 2 samples along quickly. I'm always on the lookout for a second pre-WO/stimulant to mix in with my Craze stash, and I always appreciate companies that let me try before I buy.

Here's a quick, unbiased review...

Permax Labs Powermaxxx - $26.99

PROS
    A quite simple formula, with a heavy stimulant content that's surprisingly not overwhelming. I took an entire packet (2 servings) mixed in with about 6oz. of water (I shoot my pre-WO products); it dissolved entirely with just a swirl of the glass, with no sediment.

The energy was very smooth and gradual; no clenched jaw or jitters... And no crash. Focus was also on point, something I don't experience all too often anymore. No pumps to note because I don't train that way, but I had a very good session and almost set a gym-best push press of 273lbs., and had some great endurance for the rest of the session.

It tastes very good. Almost like Hawaiian Punch. Because I mixed mine in so little water, it was thick and syrupy, too.

CONS
    First and foremost, and this is addressed to Powermax, please consider not prop-blending the ingredients. In this day and age, these types of formulas are somewhat common anyhow, considering the category is over-saturated. Honestly, if some ingredients are underdosed (the methyl donor complex at the top of the label comes to mind), no one's going to really care with all the positive press this has been getting.

Even if there's only a gram of creatine, 250mg of agmatine, and 500mg of citrulline per serving, most users are going to take 2 scoops anyhow putting those ingredients, in particular, into a decent dosing range.

So, please consider that, if not disclosing the amount of caffeine on the label somewhere. With lawsuits abound, full disclosure of stimulant content might be a smart business move.

My other "con" is that I actually feel a little queasy in the hour after I've taken it... Not nauseous, or sickly. My stomach is just a bit uneasy. But I figure that has to do more with me than the product anyhow. Just wanted to mention it in case anyone else experiences the same.

Thanks again, guys! Very decent entry here... and if that price point drops down to the $22-24 range, I'll most definitely pick up a tub to rotate in.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.67%

Benzo
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzo View Post

Okay, lettuce by cereal, nothing is truly like Craze. However, PowerMax is dang good.

Check out the profile:

Agmatine and PEA: boom. You want pumps? You want mood elevation? Get PowerMax.

Without a doubt, I am a Craze junkie. Usually do 1.5 - 2 scoops for every workout. I tried a couple sample packets of PowerMax and had nice results. The mood elevation was strong and the pumps were great. I got through a nice Macenko chest session and even set a rep PR.

Since most every PRE now-a-days is compared to Craze, I'll say this: for me, 2 scoops of PowerMax was like 1 scoop of Craze plus pumps. (Then again, I'm a professional stim junkie) PowerMax won't quite light you up like Craze will, but the pumps from it more than make up for that.

And the price? 40 servings for 27 bucks on GRN. Sold.

Thanks to Performax and Adizzle for hooking me up with the samples. I've tried nearly every PRE out there and, TBH, dislike most of them, but PowerMax is something I could keep in my arsenal for pump days or times when I want to cycle off Craze for a bit.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.32%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

Bout time you got on here. that is one sexy looking stud in that first picture
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.67%

Bout time you got on here. that is one sexy looking stud in that first picture
    Yea its been something we've wanted to do for a while but we just finally got on here

Yea i know, whos that sexy beast?
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.32%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by Adizzle1 View Post
    Yea its been something we've wanted to do for a while but we just finally got on here

Yea i know, whos that sexy beast?
    That would be me
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.21%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Just signed up for samples will review here when they come in
    Lecheek Nutrition Rep
    XCEL SPORTS NUTRITION SPONSORED ATHLETE
    I am here to help please inbox me any questions
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.67%

Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    Just signed up for samples will review here when they come in
    Perfect! I cant wait to hear everyone's thoughts over here!
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs

Similar Forum Threads

1. Better Sex from a good diet
    By Dr of Golf in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 11:09 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-27-2003, 12:25 PM
  3. What are some good buffet tactics? or stories?
    By Beefy6969 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 10:52 PM
  4. Got some good deals @ GNC today...
    By windwords7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-23-2003, 12:13 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2002, 09:03 AM