Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here is a short writeup on yk11.
Its an underrated sarm primarily due most likely to under exposure. Actually one of the better sarms for bodybuilding purposes.

The chemical structure of yk-11 is quite similar to that of steroids. It is derived from testosterone as a synthetic steroid. This does not mean that the compound is a steroid. Actually, it is classified as a SARM or Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator in full. Given that this is an androgen receptor, it delivers the same results as other androgens receptors.

Unlike other SARMs, this compound comes with a steroid backbone. This possibly explains why it is more effective and is classified among the most potent SARMs. It, however, comes without the adverse side effects associated with steroids.
YK-11 attaches itself to an androgen receptor. This prompts muscle cells to produce more anabolic factors that in turn leads to increased muscle growth. Unlike most SARMS that come with limited androgenic effects, this compound performs much better. In a past study, the effect of this compound on muscle cells was proven to be much higher. In this study, it was found that the muscle cells produced more anabolic compounds when exposed to 500nmol of this compound than when exposed to testosterone.
It is safe to say that yk-11 just like any other SARM is designed to help with muscle growth. It has been proven that the compound promotes muscle growth, muscle retention, and the growth of new muscle cells. Its side effects are minimal and cannot be compared to the side effects of steroids available in the market. This possibly explains why it is receiving a lot of attention as many are looking for a solution that is safe and works to enhance muscle growth.

This compound works great for those looking to build muscle mass. The compound is also ideal for people who want to maintain the amount and quality of their muscles and keep fat cells at bay.

adammorrow36

adammorrow36

Awards
  • Established
And it works great as a natural ai ! Found that oit the hard way when i added it to my cycle for a myostasin inhibitor and i crashed my e cuz i was also taking aromasin. So i began looking it up and yep it does that too now im running 800 nandrolone 600 yest 75 dbol and the yk11 with no other ai.

Whiteboyblue

Awards
So this is more powerful than real test? If that's the case why aren't more people using it?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So this is more powerful than real test? If that's the case why aren't more people using it?
Because some regard it as unsafe, and it has more obvious side effects. It's methylated Nandrolone with a selective attachment which prevents it from binding to certain tissues. Namely organ and breast tissues.

Miketee

Awards
I used this by a reputable brand as research on my rat and noticed nothing whatsoever using 16mg a day for 6 weeks.
I didnt gain weight, lose weight, get stronger, the only thing I did notice was a slightly more vascular look.

Quite disappointing, I used another brands incase it was bunk and again noticed nothing. So perhaps yk doesnt work on my rats at all.

Would love to see some scientific evidence it acts as an A.I , I presume you have bloods to show it made a difference?

Looking fowards to see how you get on.

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting. This test jack rabbit hop skotch bunny has seen strength and weight gains since adding it to my LGD stack, dosing at 15 mg a day. Just the increase in follistatin alone has made it a worthwhile run.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Interesting. This test jack rabbit hop skotch bunny has seen strength and weight gains since adding it to my LGD stack, dosing at 15 mg a day. Just the increase in follistatin alone has made it a worthwhile run.
Spiderfishpigmonkeyfrog

peakgainz

Awards
Here is a short writeup on yk11.
Its an underrated sarm primarily due most likely to under exposure. Actually one of the better sarms for bodybuilding purposes.

The chemical structure of yk-11 is quite similar to that of steroids. It is derived from testosterone as a synthetic steroid. This does not mean that the compound is a steroid. Actually, it is classified as a SARM or Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator in full. Given that this is an androgen receptor, it delivers the same results as other androgens receptors.

Unlike other SARMs, this compound comes with a steroid backbone. This possibly explains why it is more effective and is classified among the most potent SARMs. It, however, comes without the adverse side effects associated with steroids.
YK-11 attaches itself to an androgen receptor. This prompts muscle cells to produce more anabolic factors that in turn leads to increased muscle growth. Unlike most SARMS that come with limited androgenic effects, this compound performs much better. In a past study, the effect of this compound on muscle cells was proven to be much higher. In this study, it was found that the muscle cells produced more anabolic compounds when exposed to 500nmol of this compound than when exposed to testosterone.
It is safe to say that yk-11 just like any other SARM is designed to help with muscle growth. It has been proven that the compound promotes muscle growth, muscle retention, and the growth of new muscle cells. Its side effects are minimal and cannot be compared to the side effects of steroids available in the market. This possibly explains why it is receiving a lot of attention as many are looking for a solution that is safe and works to enhance muscle growth.

This compound works great for those looking to build muscle mass. The compound is also ideal for people who want to maintain the amount and quality of their muscles and keep fat cells at bay.
I didn't catch up on latest updates on Sarms, At that time there was no scientific releases about yk-11. A human study has been done? how it compares to LGD-4033 and Ostarine in terms of side effects?

Miketee

Awards
I didn't catch up on latest updates on Sarms, At that time there was no scientific releases about yk-11. A human study has been done? how it compares to LGD-4033 and Ostarine in terms of side effects?
This is what I wanted to know

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This is what I wanted to know
It’s night and day vs lgd and osta for sides. Yk11 increases aggression, strength, acne, joint pain, insomnia, high blood pressure, liver toxic.

peakgainz

Awards
It’s night and day vs lgd and osta for sides. Yk11 increases aggression, strength, acne, joint pain, insomnia, high blood pressure, liver toxic.

Everything in that seems can be handled except the last 2 things wich make it similar to PH's , not sure if worth running with human studies done on ut?

I think LGD-4033 and ostarine (MK677 too) are still the most safest things to run without harsh side effects shown in the trials . Is there anything else to be added to these?

Miketee

Awards
Cardarine and sr9009 are two of the most effective sarms ive run without issues, tremendous fat loss on cardarine.

Noticed nothing from yk11

S4 hardening and fat loss with yellow vision.
Mk677 I run all year round. Love it.
Lgd4033 tiny bit of muscle gain
Rad140 muscle gain and fat loss

Thats my personal experience.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yk11 at 30mg is good.
S4 at 80mg is good
Lgd at 30mg or more is good
Sr9009 isn't orally effective

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Cardarine and sr9009 are two of the most effective sarms ive run without issues, tremendous fat loss on cardarine.

Noticed nothing from yk11

S4 hardening and fat loss with yellow vision.
Mk677 I run all year round. Love it.
Lgd4033 tiny bit of muscle gain
Rad140 muscle gain and fat loss

Thats my personal experience.
Yeah If you only take 2mg which is the common dose it won’t do anything. Need to take 10mg twice daily or more.

Miketee

Awards
I was taking 8mg per day, perhaps that was the issue.

peakgainz

Awards
Is there a conclusion on the relationships between cardarine and cancer yet?

Yk11 at 30mg is good.
S4 at 80mg is good
Lgd at 30mg or more is good
Sr9009 isn't orally effective

Seems like these are heavy doses for a non test base cycle

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Seems like these are heavy doses for a non test base cycle
It is.
I think you should use a test base.
But the couple of guys who I know that were set on no base, they just used RAD 140 as a base.
I say use epiandro and 4andro at least.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so being methylated i am guessing this is a 4-6 week max you should take it?

Miketee

Awards
I saw that there was no evidence of cancer in humans only rats.
Some info I found online
Back in 2007, it is reported that the pharmaceutical company GSK was doing research on this drug, and reported that it promoted cell death in the liver and could cause cancer in some of the exact organs that it was reported to help or enhance. So all funding and research was discontinued at that time, for GSK pharmaceutical company without doing any further research. But with any drug, especially SARM and PPAR, when taken at high doses, it can be fatal or cause the reverse effects. It is unclear, but during animal research, the cells in the liver began to die. Also in some animals, some cancers began to form, but it may have been causes from the doses being too high, but no studies were conducted on humans at that time. So it is not proven to have similar outcomes or side effects in human bodies.

Cardarine has a controversial reputation. On one hand, it had uses in the treatment of obesity (put the fork down, fatty), diabetes, dyslipidemia and cardiovascular disease. Studies here and here.

On the other, it causes cancer. At least it did in rats (Page 189):

GW501516, a non-genotoxic PPARδ agonist, was assessed for carcinogenic potential by daily administration (oral gavage) to Han Wistar rats for a period of 104 weeks. Males were given 0, 5, 15 or 30 mg/kg/day for the first 6 weeks of the study. For the remainder of the study males were given 0, 5, 20 or 40 mg/kg/day. Females were given 0, 3, 10 or 20 mg/kg/day for the entire study. GW501516 produced test article-related neoplastic findings in multiple tissues at all doses.

Increased mortality was seen with females given GW501516 at all doses and uterine endometrial adenocarcinoma contributed to death in a high proportion of these animals. Neoplasms considered test-article related occurred in the liver (hepatocellular adenoma at ≥ 10 mg/kg/day), urinary bladder (transitional cell carcinoma in males given 20 and 40 mg/kg/day), thyroid (follicular cell adenoma at ≥ 3 mg/kg/day and carcinoma in males at ≥ 20 mg/kg/day), tongue (squamous cell papilloma in males at 5 mg/kg/day and 40 mg/kg/day), stomach (squamous cell papilloma in males at ≥ 5 mg/kg/day and a female at 20 mg/kg/day, and carcinoma in a male at 40 mg/kg/day and a female at 3 mg/kg/day), skin (inverted squamous cell papilloma in males at ≥ 5 mg/kg/day and females at 3 or 20 mg/kg/day), Harderian glands (adenoma in males at ≥ 5 mg/kg/day and adenocarcinoma in a male at 40 mg/kg/day), testes (interstitial cell adenoma at 40 mg/kg/day), ovary (Sertoli cell adenoma at ≥ 10 mg/kg/day) and uterus (polyp and endometrial adenocarcinoma at ≥ 3 mg/kg/day). Some of the tumor types observed in this study have not been reported with either PPARα or PPARγ agonists and may reflect tumor promotion mediated through PPARδ agonism.

In the /r/PEDs wiki we reference that it's not worth it, none of us are smarter than GSK, and they would have considered the high dosage as the reason for the development of cancer. Perhaps they did, but it's also possible they dropped it because they knew with such a result it would never get to human trials, even at lower doses.

And speaking of doses, let's look at the doses given, since that's an oft cited reason as why the study was flawed.

Human Equivalent Dose (mg/kg) = Animal Dose (mg/kg) x [Animal Km / Human Km]

= Animal Dose (mg/kg) x [Animal Km / Human Km]

= 3 x (6/37)

= 0.48 mg/kg

Where Animal Km is 6 for rats, and 37 for humans, and 3mg is the lowest dose where neoplastic findings were found.

For a 200 pound / 90 kg male, this is the equivalent 43.2mg per day. Study was ran for 104 weeks.

This raises a lot of questions that I just don't have the expertise to answer, and will need to get time with someone in pharmaceuticals.

Why did GSK run a study where the lowest dose was 4 x what would commonly be taken for performance enhancement, and ~8x what would be taken for health benefits? For comparison, acetaminophen toxicity in a single dose for an adult starts at 7.5g, just 2x the maximum dose of 4g/day when used under supervision by a medical professional.

Why run the study continuously for 2 years?

Why not run a new trial at lower doses given what we know now from anecdotal experience?

Without any further R&D on this compound and its tainted reputation, it's likely we'll never know for sure if this compound can be utilized safely.

10 Comments8
xSimoHayha • Mar 2, 2018, 11:12 AM
I think compounds that have the potential to be pharma drugs are always put on multi-year clinical trials because you have to mimic someone using the drug for years or even decades. As for the dose, that doesnt make sense to me either. why so high?

comicsansisunderused • Mar 2, 2018, 11:49 AM
I did some reading about pre-clinical study. From what I understand on pre-clinicals, they're looking for a safe effective dose on humans. Personally, I think they got the dose wrong.

The maximum dose, btw, was equivalent to 583mg for a 90kg adult... I get they were probably trying to establish a maximum limit, but JFC that's a big dose on an untried compound.

xSimoHayha • Mar 2, 2018, 12:02 PM
thats why I dont give the cancer risk much merit at all, contrary to most folks. There are SO many common compounds that if you take 10x the common dose, you will die. not get cancer, you will die. Let alone like 15x the dose for years.

Posted up some conversation from reddit which I thought was applicable.

Personally.

I used 20-30mg a day.
By bad cholesterol lowered significantly.
My bp lowered
Cardio improved
I had no cancer markers in any of my following blood tests.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Honestly if you really are afraid of cancer then don’t take more than 10mg a day.

Also these rats already had been induced with cancer as a precondition of this specific study (I read this actual study) and 2 years is a huge span of time for a rat.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Also, yes! YK11 inhibits myostatin in neoplasts. No other study has been done to my knowledge. Lots of anecdotal evidence that it is an effective steroidal compound at 20mg.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On cardarine. I want to make sure i understand something. Most take it twice a day? Also is it something you only use on cardio days or every day during a cycle? A couple places i had seen how great is is for cardio and take b4 cardio so i wanted to make sure. I have two bottles left over from before a company quit selling sarms.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On cardarine. I want to make sure i understand something. Most take it twice a day? Also is it something you only use on cardio days or every day during a cycle? A couple places i had seen how great is is for cardio and take b4 cardio so i wanted to make sure. I have two bottles left over from before a company quit selling sarms.
Everyday on cycle/ twice a day.
Thats what i do.
Most of us are comfortable taking 10mg for 8 weeks at a time.
Longer and more isn't 100% for sure safe
I stay 20mg on tren for 6 weeks.
Right now I'm on 5mg 2xs a day with test and EQ.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Everyday on cycle/ twice a day.
Thats what i do.
Most of us are comfortable taking 10mg for 8 weeks at a time.
Longer and more isn't 100% for sure safe
I stay 20mg on tren for 6 weeks.
Right now I'm on 5mg 2xs a day with test and EQ.
Thanks. How much test and eq? those are two of the main compuonds i am interested in.

ALso with yk11 and s23 both seem to be called designer steroids NOT SARMS in some circles. If that is that case, or even if its not, what would they be compared to? Are tehy mass builders like anadrol and dbol or more something to cut with a bit like anavar and winny tabs?

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. How much test and eq? those are two of the main compuonds i am interested in.

ALso with yk11 and s23 both seem to be called designer steroids NOT SARMS in some circles. If that is that case, or even if its not, what would they be compared to? Are tehy mass builders like anadrol and dbol or more something to cut with a bit like anavar and winny tabs?
Closer to var or winny

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But there's still a big difference between s23 and a real oral steroid

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bump this thread. Need more YK-11 logs with pre/post blood work. I found a few clean logs on forums that make YK-11 seem promising and matched my initial findings from when I started it for two weeks. Would like to add it back to my med cabinet.. I know there will be some liver stress, can't seem to find if it is metabolized by kidneys?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Bump this thread. Need more YK-11 logs with pre/post blood work. I found a few clean logs on forums that make YK-11 seem promising and matched my initial findings from when I started it for two weeks. Would like to add it back to my med cabinet.. I know there will be some liver stress, can't seem to find if it is metabolized by kidneys?
That’s because it hasn’t been studied on animals.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are both liver toxic? And if on TRT ( i am) what would be the best one to stack with it?

DGator86

DGator86

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m about to do a LDG/RAD/YK & SR9009/GW/ITPP cycle log. 60 days....
Come over and sub

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m about to do a LDG/RAD/YK & SR9009/GW/ITPP cycle log. 60 days....
Come over and sub
Well that's a lot of stuff for a cycle, I meant more to see pre/post cycle bloodwork with someone who was only cycling say Test + YK-11.

If your blood markers move i won't know if it was from which compound or a combination of..

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Does YK elicit changes in hormonal profiles?
Can you please be more specific? YK-11 is a partial androgen receptor agonist that doesn't aromatize and is non-progestagenic, so its effects on one's hormonal profile is similar to non-aromatizing, non-progestagenic AAS.