Adderall and Sodium Bicarbonate - AnabolicMinds.com

Adderall and Sodium Bicarbonate

1. jrm

Adderall and Sodium Bicarbonate

Has anyone ever ingested sodium bicarbonate with their Adderall? I know it's dangerous, and basically crack. I also know if can potentiate the effects.

2. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    Has anyone ever ingested sodium bicarbonate with their Adderall? I know it's dangerous, and basically crack. I also know if can potentiate the effects.
    what is the point of adding sodium bicarbonate with adderall? To get a longer high? I know that in our pharmacy mixes of prevacid and sodium bicarbonate are used but adderall and sodium bicarbonate. eh, id be careful with that :P
  3. Board Supporter

never heard of this before...anyone know what negative effects it could have?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

Sodium Bicarbonate upps the absorption (or the absorption rate?) of adderall. Obviously I'm no expert, but it has something to do with your stomach/intestines being effected by an alkalizer or an alkaline substance. Alkalizers potentiate the effects of adderrall, that much I know.

To your question, let's say that sodium bicarbonate DOES potentiate the effects of adderall. In that case, you would get stronger positive effects from the adderall as well as stronger negative effects, such as shaking or rapid heartbeat.

Be careful, good luck. Post if you decide to do it (not recommending it), I'm just curious now.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.

If you wanted to hasten the results of adderall couldn't you just crush it up and put it under your tongue?
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    what is the point of adding sodium bicarbonate with adderall? To get a longer high? I know that in our pharmacy mixes of prevacid and sodium bicarbonate are used but adderall and sodium bicarbonate. eh, id be careful with that :P
    They are mixing that for heartburn.

In the case of Adderall what they are attempting to do is to alkalize the urine. Due to the chemistry of the molecule this creates more of an unionized shift since you are placing a basic amine group on the amphetamine molecule in a basic environment. When you have unionized drug in the renal tubular filtrate you increase tubular reabsorption which decreases how much of the drug is excreted. This is a common method by a lot of druggies actually when taking things like crystal meth.

In other instances urinary alkalinization can actually help in overdose situations, but not this one.

I have seen studies where there is a 30% absolute difference in drug concentrations of high urinary pH vs. normal urinary pH.
    www.athletixsports.com Get your name on The List for specials. Facebook: Athletix Sports Instagram: @athletixsports Twitter: @Athletix_Sports.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. adderall and AAS...
    By n8te in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 12:53 PM
  2. Sodium Bicarbonate as a Lactic Acid Buffer?
    By sword- in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-23-2009, 04:47 AM
  3. HGH and AdderaLL
    By rprimo in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 12:16 AM
  4. Adderall and Epi
    By mawalega in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 08:45 PM
  5. Adderall