Adderall and bodybuilding

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    CoreyNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    15
    Answers
    0

    Adderall and bodybuilding


    Adderall might be one of the best appetite supressants around as well as overall energy booster with long lasting energy.

    From personal expierience alone, my lifts on adderall after a study session have been some of my best, with less time in between sets with no loss in strenghth as well as the ability to do cardio not mentioning it flys by.

    THE QUESTION.

    If on a cut and diet is intact, would 60mg of adderall daily deteriote muscle......ive noticed on adderall my muscles feel much tighter as well as th dehydration elicits a very tight cut overall look. I might contribute this to possible Vasodialation in muscle fiber blood vessels and the diaretic effect but i could be hella wrong.

  2. Registered User
    Nightwanderer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,307
    Answers
    0

    Just a side note, adderall, at least in people who need it, end up with libido issues, according to my doctor. I inquired about a possible Rx for ADD and that's what she recommended. Sadly she also said people who actually need it don't get the tweeker effect either.
  3. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    3clipseGT's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,944
    Answers
    1

    Adderall is a very risky drug. It can be VERY addictive and cause many problems for people.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    boxmeman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,977
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Adderall is a very risky drug. It can be VERY addictive and cause many problems for people.
    OMFG this stuff is freaking ADDICTIVE especially as you begin to rely on it!!
  5. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    3clipseGT's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,944
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by boxmeman View Post
    OMFG this stuff is freaking ADDICTIVE especially as you begin to rely on it!!

    Yup, its a methamphetamine right? Stuff is worse then coke, 3x worse i beleive.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  6. Registered User
    boxmeman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,977
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Yup, its a methamphetamine right? Stuff is worse then coke, 3x worse i beleive.
    Yep you got it....I def know from experience think 60mgs and going cold turkey....to the world of PAIN...
  7. Registered User
    BigBody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    154
    Answers
    0

    Never would take that **** as a kid, threw tantrums. THen i grew outtof whatever it was, like most kids
  8. Registered User
    nephilim666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,107
    Answers
    0

    adderall causes so much more harm than good. its an excuse for kids with a fake disease " ADD " to get drugs that will **** them up really bad. addy destroyed my old best friend without him realising it. he became quite literaly insane. and began to actualy abuse them as his tolerance grew, it lead to him overdosing on percocets because the withdrawels were so bad he couldnt take it.
  9. Registered User
    boxmeman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,977
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim666 View Post
    adderall causes so much more harm than good. its an excuse for kids with a fake disease " ADD " to get drugs that will **** them up really bad. addy destroyed my old best friend without him realising it. he became quite literaly insane. and began to actualy abuse them as his tolerance grew, it lead to him overdosing on percocets because the withdrawels were so bad he couldnt take it.
    lol withdrawls from adderall are downright grotesque!!
  10. Registered User
    nephilim666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,107
    Answers
    0

    this 1 time.. it was after he was on it for a few months.. we were at a friend house and were just relaxing smoking a few L's and this kid just started to go insane. he began yelling at everyone and threatend to kill his younger brother. he ate 11 percocets and snorted 6 more and ended up scratching himself so bad he had claw marks on his legs / torso that were bleeding perfusely we had to take him to the ****in hospital for an OD
  11. Registered User
    boxmeman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,977
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim666 View Post
    this 1 time.. it was after he was on it for a few months.. we were at a friend house and were just relaxing smoking a few L's and this kid just started to go insane. he began yelling at everyone and threatend to kill his younger brother. he ate 11 percocets and snorted 6 more and ended up scratching himself so bad he had claw marks on his legs / torso that were bleeding perfusely we had to take him to the ****in hospital for an OD
    wow....
  12. Registered User
    nephilim666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,107
    Answers
    0

    yea just goes to show that just beause a pill is perscription doesnt mean its safe. i dont think thers a drug that i hate more than adderall, maybe alc but alc atleast is social adderall makes people weird and disconects them from the rest of the world.
  13. Registered User
    robdog's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    773
    Answers
    0

    I have a script for adderall, but only use it when i need to study for tests. I hate the come down and can definitely see how it is a very dangerous drug. Crushes libido as well.
  14. Registered User
    robdog's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    773
    Answers
    0

    It will give you a workout like no other though.
  15. Registered User
    PumpDogg's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  999 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    452
    Answers
    0

    Just worked with a girl this weekend that had a hell of time getting off that ****.. Prescription meth is all it is..

    Soooo, ask yourself this question.. Do you think its ok to do a line of cocaine or meth before you workout?? I hope you said no.. Its counterproductive to what we are trying to accomplish in bodybuilding..

    Crack, Crank, coke, etc none of those need to be in any of our gym bags.. I personally have watched what meth and crank and coke can do to people..
  16. Board Supporter
    GreenTempo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    101
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Adderall is a very risky drug. It can be VERY addictive and cause many problems for people.
    Ugh, yes it is. I started using it for tests and things at school and at first it really helped. Then i found myself addicted to it pretty bad, the rush kept me awake all night so then the next day id have to use it constantly to stay awake at work and school, and the cycle would repeat.

    and yes, withdrawal from this stuff is a mother. Don't dont use it jsut to try to lose weight, please, go run and buy some fat burners or something but trust me, dont mess with this stuff.
  17. Registered User
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,360
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenTempo View Post
    Ugh, yes it is. I started using it for tests and things at school and at first it really helped. Then i found myself addicted to it pretty bad, the rush kept me awake all night so then the next day id have to use it constantly to stay awake at work and school, and the cycle would repeat.

    and yes, withdrawal from this stuff is a mother. Don't dont use it jsut to try to lose weight, please, go run and buy some fat burners or something but trust me, dont mess with this stuff.

    using adderall for the fat burning effects are extremely stupid. Adderall does has weight loss properties because it stimulates your metabolism. It is NOT, I repeat, NOT good for body building. You ask why? When cutting, we bodybuilding junkies need food. 6 meals per day at a small portion with high protiens and medium fats and so forth. Adderall will crush your desire to eat. The weight loss properties on adderall are not so much that they make you lose weight, it just makes you not want to eat so to speak. If your relying on adderall for weight loss you are one dumb mother f*ker i must say. Your tolerance builds up so quickly if you try to use that **** for weight loss. Youll end up getting addicted and finding yourself ODing on it.
  18. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,557
    Answers
    0

    I was prescribed it for a little bit a while back by a shrink. I felt more relaxed on it. I didn't feel this so called "rush" you guys are talking about. Went off it because I just don't believe in prescription drugs are the answer for certain problems. I believe you can fix any problem without prescription drugs by getting to the root of the problem. Maybe they can help for a limited time but not forever.
  19. Board Supporter
    GreenTempo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    101
    Answers
    0

    you probably didn't get a rush because you were using at as prescribed by your shrink, small doses jsut make oyu more focused. I'm tlaking about excessive doses
  20. Registered User
    boxmeman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,977
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenTempo View Post
    you probably didn't get a rush because you were using at as prescribed by your shrink, small doses jsut make oyu more focused. I'm tlaking about excessive doses
    exactly what I was thinking...
  21. Registered User
    amalgum's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    22
    Answers
    0

    i have a script of non controlled release adderall, 10mg tablets, 20mgs a day. i take 5-10mgs a day, and rarely 10.

    5mgs in the morning or before a workout will not give you withdrawl or negative side effects, except for perhaps an increase in blood pressure. i cant even imagine what it would be like to take more than 10mgs of this stuff at a time, you would have to be out of your mind and purposely looking for some type of "high".

    i agree that these kids are getting hyped on these add drugs for almost no reason at all. add? no such thing. some people can, and some simply cant. i dont see how giving a kid with add or adhd is going to solve an attention problem. its a matter of motivation, and you cant find that in a pill.

    however as an adult, i find the stimulator effect of adderall to be much cleaner and productive than the sweaty/hot/shaky caffeine high. i dont believe in giving some people the benefeit of pharmaceutical ehancement, and not others.
  22. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,557
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by amalgum View Post
    i have a script of non controlled release adderall, 10mg tablets, 20mgs a day. i take 5-10mgs a day, and rarely 10.

    5mgs in the morning or before a workout will not give you withdrawl or negative side effects, except for perhaps an increase in blood pressure. i cant even imagine what it would be like to take more than 10mgs of this stuff at a time, you would have to be out of your mind and purposely looking for some type of "high".

    i agree that these kids are getting hyped on these add drugs for almost no reason at all. add? no such thing. some people can, and some simply cant. i dont see how giving a kid with add or adhd is going to solve an attention problem. its a matter of motivation, and you cant find that in a pill.

    however as an adult, i find the stimulator effect of adderall to be much cleaner and productive than the sweaty/hot/shaky caffeine high. i dont believe in giving some people the benefeit of pharmaceutical ehancement, and not others.
    Aren't you contradicting yourself by having it prescribed to you?. What was it prescribed for?
  23. Registered User
    amalgum's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    22
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Aren't you contradicting yourself by having it prescribed to you?. What was it prescribed for?
    well i certainly dont have ADD if that is what you mean. doctors hand this stuff out like candy these days. just ask
  24. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,557
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by amalgum View Post
    well i certainly dont have ADD if that is what you mean. doctors hand this stuff out like candy these days. just ask

    No they do not, maybe bad doctors....So I'm asking what is it for, why was it prescribed to you?
  25. Board Supporter
    GreenTempo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    101
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by amalgum View Post
    i have a script of non controlled release adderall, 10mg tablets, 20mgs a day. i take 5-10mgs a day, and rarely 10.

    5mgs in the morning or before a workout will not give you withdrawl or negative side effects, except for perhaps an increase in blood pressure. i cant even imagine what it would be like to take more than 10mgs of this stuff at a time, you would have to be out of your mind and purposely looking for some type of "high".

    i agree that these kids are getting hyped on these add drugs for almost no reason at all. add? no such thing. some people can, and some simply cant. i dont see how giving a kid with add or adhd is going to solve an attention problem. its a matter of motivation, and you cant find that in a pill.

    however as an adult, i find the stimulator effect of adderall to be much cleaner and productive than the sweaty/hot/shaky caffeine high. i dont believe in giving some people the benefeit of pharmaceutical ehancement, and not others.

    Yeah 10mg a day isnt gonan do much but make you more driven. So it seems good at first, but that sh!t adds up on you faster than you realize, pretty soon you're taking 100+mg throughout the day just to continue functioning.
  26. Registered User
    amalgum's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    22
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    No they do not, maybe bad doctors....So I'm asking what is it for, why was it prescribed to you?
    well t-bone, i suppose i have a bad doctor.
  27. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,557
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by amalgum View Post
    well t-bone, i suppose i have a bad doctor.

    Yes but you still have not answered my question. Why was it prescribed to you?
  28. Registered User
    amalgum's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    22
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Yes but you still have not answered my question. Why was it prescribed to you?
    ??? see above
  29. Registered User
    epixep's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    55
    Answers
    0

    You never specified how you obtained any addy......
  30. Registered User
    merph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    127
    Answers
    0

    Adderall is actually an aphetamine sulfate. If used correctly it will help calm you down and foucs. If crushed or chewed its also considered "poor mans coke." For some its like taking a line of coke and a viagera at the same time. Coming off of it can either be easy or for some exteremly violent.

    Personal experience speaking here. Dont F*** with it.
  31. Registered User
    OpKang101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    166
    Answers
    0

    ehh adderall for me doesnt do much,

    not addictive IMO, although for others it may be.

    My appetite still rages while on adderall.
  32. Registered User
    Jtannenb's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6
    Answers
    0

    I to am perscribed to it, 15 mg's i only take it when I need to hit the lib, for long study sessions or before a test / finals.. hell of a drug works wonders for me. yes the negatives are ****ty but i cant imagine passing college with out it.
  33. Registered User
    merph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    127
    Answers
    0

    I to am perscribed to it, 15 mg's i only take it when I need to hit the lib, for long study sessions or before a test / finals.. hell of a drug works wonders for me. yes the negatives are ****ty but i cant imagine passing college with out it.
    Its called hard work and dedication IMO
  34. Registered User
    robdog's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    773
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtannenb View Post
    I to am perscribed to it, 15 mg's i only take it when I need to hit the lib, for long study sessions or before a test / finals.. hell of a drug works wonders for me. yes the negatives are ****ty but i cant imagine passing college with out it.
    Agreed. Its a lifesaver during finals, but goddamn sometimes it makes me feel weird. Sometimes it also makes me blotchy and hot as hell. Definitely not good for you, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Not addictive at all for me cuz i dont like the way it makes me feel.
  35. Registered User
    quigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,252
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Yup, its a methamphetamine right? Stuff is worse then coke, 3x worse i beleive.
    No, its a mix of dextro/levo-amphetamine. Not methamphetamine. It has vastly different effects than meth.
  36. Registered User
    quigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,252
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwanderer View Post
    Just a side note, adderall, at least in people who need it, end up with libido issues, according to my doctor. I inquired about a possible Rx for ADD and that's what she recommended. Sadly she also said people who actually need it don't get the tweeker effect either.
    Any powerful stimulant has the potential to cause libido issues and ED. Adderall is no different.
  37. Registered User
    LilPsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,608
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by boxmeman View Post
    OMFG this stuff is freaking ADDICTIVE especially as you begin to rely on it!!
    yep,x2
  38. Registered User
    LilPsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,608
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Yup, its a methamphetamine right? Stuff is worse then coke, 3x worse i beleive.
    No not methamphetamine, but a mixture of 4 amphetamine salts.
  39. Registered User
    LilPsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,608
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim666 View Post
    adderall causes so much more harm than good. its an excuse for kids with a fake disease " ADD " to get drugs that will **** them up really bad. addy destroyed my old best friend without him realising it. he became quite literaly insane. and began to actualy abuse them as his tolerance grew, it lead to him overdosing on percocets because the withdrawels were so bad he couldnt take it.
    I agree totally. Its because these freakin doctors want to turn this country into a drug addicted nanny state, full of people who can't fend for themselves. And these morons buy right into it. Look at all these antidepressants, ritalin/adderall type drugs, antipsychotics, ect. Half the doctors prescribing the sh*t don't even have a clue of what they're doing. I've seen these drugs totally destroy people. Studys show that kids that are prescribed these drugs just turn out to be drug addicts and have a host of other problems. All to treat fake illnesses. Now I'm not saying that its not warrented in some cases. Some people are truely mentally disturbed, but these treatments should be reserved for these cases. But no, the sheeple of today flock to medical dope dealers pushing dope for big pharma. Sh*t, any person who has a single incidence of stress in there lives, the dope dealers want to put them on prozac and tranqulizers, and the sheeple buy right into it because they are weak and don't want to have to deal with life because its easier to swallow a pill every day. Just my opinion.
  40. Registered User
    LilPsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,608
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    Agreed. Its a lifesaver during finals, but goddamn sometimes it makes me feel weird. Sometimes it also makes me blotchy and hot as hell. Definitely not good for you, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Not addictive at all for me cuz i dont like the way it makes me feel.
    Then why do you take it?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. adderall and AAS...
    By n8te in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 12:53 PM
  2. HGH and AdderaLL
    By rprimo in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 12:16 AM
  3. Adderall and Epi
    By mawalega in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 08:45 PM
  4. Adderall...anybody take it?
    By kwyckemynd00 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 01:44 PM
  5. Adderall
    By Rhapsody in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-04-2003, 03:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in