anxiolytic-type herb/drug? - AnabolicMinds.com

anxiolytic-type herb/drug?

1. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Question anxiolytic-type herb/drug?

I'm not exactly sure how I'd diagnose myself; I haven't been to any doctor or anything because it's far from serious - more annoying than anything else. I think I have some type of anxiety that's more people and speech related, because I'm quite relaxed at all times, but either choose not to or sometimes have difficulty talking to people. Supplements I've tried and/or am using are Rhodiola Rosea (seems to help a bit) Phenibut (remember having very effective experiences with it a while back, but recently got a bulk order of it from NP and have had trouble feeling anything from it, but am steadily increasing dosage when I take it every week) and have used Hydrocodone-APAP (80% of the time when I use a very occasional pill, it reverses my behavior and talking/socializing is very easy and pleasant to do). I use various nootropic supplements like Piracetam, L-Theanine, Alpha-GPC, etc. The Hydrocodone-APAP definetely fixes the problem, but obviously its toxicity and prescription requirement prevent it from being a frequent cure, but if anyone has any suggestions for something that seems like it'd help this "social anxiety" kind of behavior and is safe and pleasant to use, please share.

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by goslamacamel View Post
    I'm not exactly sure how I'd diagnose myself; I haven't been to any doctor or anything because it's far from serious - more annoying than anything else. I think I have some type of anxiety that's more people and speech related, because I'm quite relaxed at all times, but either choose not to or sometimes have difficulty talking to people. Supplements I've tried and/or am using are Rhodiola Rosea (seems to help a bit) Phenibut (remember having very effective experiences with it a while back, but recently got a bulk order of it from NP and have had trouble feeling anything from it, but am steadily increasing dosage when I take it every week) and have used Hydrocodone-APAP (80% of the time when I use a very occasional pill, it reverses my behavior and talking/socializing is very easy and pleasant to do). I use various nootropic supplements like Piracetam, L-Theanine, Alpha-GPC, etc. The Hydrocodone-APAP definetely fixes the problem, but obviously its toxicity and prescription requirement prevent it from being a frequent cure, but if anyone has any suggestions for something that seems like it'd help this "social anxiety" kind of behavior and is safe and pleasant to use, please share.

I can certainly tell you that no doctor will EVER prescribe a narcotic medication for what dounds like a social anxiety issue. If that is indeed the case, there are many different medications that are very effective in controlling this condition. I suggest you see your primary doctor or psychiatrist for a thorough evaluation and treatment. Wouldn't it be better to be treated and not have to face these anxiety issues daily?

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

3. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

For my situation, I'd prefer not to have a medication to fix the problem, even if it does indeed fix the problem. The way I see it, narcotic/prescription type drugs find a use in my life only for the very occasional euphoria or party-drug sort of situation. I wouldn't really want to use a prescription drug for frequent treatment even if it were prescribed to me for a condition I had. I see things like herbs and supplements as a more natural, safe alternative especially since my condition is far from serious. I just don't think it would be all that beneficial to me to get a prescription med and everything because I wouldn't use it often at all so better to avoid side-effects and comedowns/addiction and whatnot. I was looking for suggestions more along the lines of a stack of adaptogens/nootropics/euphoria kinds of supplements that are less heavy than medications, but would still provide significant anxiolytic benefits. As I said before, from my experience so far, Rhodiola Rosea and Phenibut have been the most helpful.
    •   

4. New Member

For my situation, I'd prefer not to have a medication to fix the problem, even if it does indeed fix the problem. The way I see it, narcotic/prescription type drugs find a use in my life only for the very occasional euphoria or party-drug sort of situation. I wouldn't really want to use a prescription drug for frequent treatment even if it were prescribed to me for a condition I had. I see things like herbs and supplements as a more natural, safe alternative especially since my condition is far from serious. I just don't think it would be all that beneficial to me to get a prescription med and everything because I wouldn't use it often at all so better to avoid side-effects and comedowns/addiction and whatnot. I was looking for suggestions more along the lines of a stack of adaptogens/nootropics/euphoria kinds of supplements that are less heavy than medications, but would still provide significant anxiolytic benefits. As I said before, from my experience so far, Rhodiola Rosea and Phenibut have been the most helpful.
    OTC neither makes it safer nor prevents it from being addictive. Many cases of phenibut addiction have been reported. Best way to get over your social anxiety is to force yourself into them and get over it. You could look into cognitive behavioral therapy as well. If all you are really looking for is more OTC drugs though...you could try picamilon...
  5. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Coriander seed.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Lemon Balm and Oat Seed Extracts in addition to Rhodiola work very well for me. L-Theanine is another nice one although it is a bit pricey.

Also, try taking about 3-5 grams worth of coral calcium per day.
  7. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Lemon Balm and Oat Seed Extracts in addition to Rhodiola work very well for me. L-Theanine is another nice one although it is a bit pricey.

This combined with lavendar and coriander is quite potent.
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

All the aforementioned combined with 1 quart of whiskey per day also proves very efficacious.
  9. New Member

Doesn't lavender cause a spike in estrogen? Causing euphoric manboobs?
  10. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by swoody View Post
    Doesn't lavender cause a spike in estrogen? Causing euphoric manboobs?
    Lavender is pretty girly, I wouldn't be surprised.
  11. Registered User

All the aforementioned combined with 1 quart of whiskey per day also proves very efficacious.
    Always works, hell, I even look better.
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Jaga Bombs!!!

Legendary

13. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Take a extract of Kratom with Alvimopan.
  14. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Jaga Bombs!!!
    If I ever drink anything, it's jaeger. That stuff tastes magical. When I was in Germany I would get it at every corner as they'd have walls of it cheap as hell (probably 1/6 the price as in america).
  15. Registered User

I just read this thread. If you take that much calcium per day you'd be overdoing it! I'd be concerned, esp. if you already consume dairy products! Too much calcium can be a problem as I understand it.

( in other words, stick with the quart of whiskey bio suggested in the other post...)
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Confusion on types of test
    By Matthew D in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-12-2011, 11:57 AM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 07:27 PM
  3. Drugs and Herb Interaction Check
    By tatortodd in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 01:36 PM