Something to calm me down

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.8%

Something to calm me down

I'm looking for something to help me calm down. Over the last 2 years or so life hasn't been to great and ive started to develop a very bad temper. No matter how hard I try it just gets worse and worse. Also have pretty bad depression along with it. Within the last month ive had more very bad news and it seems like since then my depression and anger has multiplied greatly. Just searching around to see if theres anything out there to maybe calm my nerves a little bit and help me out. Ive recently tried phenibut over the last few days but I really don't think its done much besides give me a drunk feeling later on in the day. Is there anything you would recommend for me to try? I'm going to the doc soon about the anger thing and really think they will medicate me. Just looking around to see if I can find something to help to stay away from being medicated. Thanks

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

5-HTP. I just read into it the other day. Things listed were anger/temper and anxiety. I may pick it up for anxiety. Thats alli can think of off the top of my head.
  3. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    5-HTP. I just read into it the other day. Things listed were anger/temper and anxiety. I may pick it up for anxiety. Thats alli can think of off the top of my head.
    bump on the 5-htp..i like gaba too!!!!
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.32%

Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    bump on the 5-htp..i like gaba too!!!!
    WOOOOHOOOO! Trip bumped me...err i mean....nevermind

I want to try Gaba but i want to really get my hands on something that gives me a light "high" feeling.
    I'm grabbing some 5HTP and then something for focus to dose before school cause NP wouldn't let me order focus XT.
  5. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

WOOOOHOOOO! Trip bumped me...err i mean....nevermind

I want to try Gaba but i want to really get my hands on something that gives me a light "high" feeling.
    I'm grabbing some 5HTP and then something for focus to dose before school cause NP wouldn't let me order focus XT.
    i love gaba i take it everynight when i settle down and i totally get a nice buzzy feeling from it....it gives you whats called the gaba rush....it causes temp shortness of breath,flushing..only lasts a few seconds...then you feel awsome!!!
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  6. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.32%

i love gaba i take it everynight when i settle down and i totally get a nice buzzy feeling from it....it gives you whats called the gaba rush....it causes temp shortness of breath,flushing..only lasts a few seconds...then you feel awsome!!!
    niiicce. Ill have to figure out which one to grab casue i rememebr there being a few like tea,paste, etc.
  7. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.58%

niiicce. Ill have to figure out which one to grab casue i rememebr there being a few like tea,paste, etc.
    bulk powder at np is way cheap!!!!
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70%
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.13%

Quote Originally Posted by CrzyHrse View Post

I think Mood support should be very helpfull..there is St Jhon/Gaba(add extra) as CH said/5HTP....

next to this I really think you should giv Rhodiola a chance (get now version/500mg per cap)..you can dose 500mg every 3 hours or so..2 to 4 caps will help I am sure..many positive reports on this..I also use it when too much stress finds its way to me

I hope this helps and good luck with this chapter in your life.. i guess we all pass it at least once in our lives
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.13%

Trip..How do you dose your Gaba for the buzziness ? I sometimes use a little to sleep better and it helps but never felt what you are describing..
  11. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.73%

SAMe is supposed to help w/ depression,and beneficial for liver and a few other things,I've never taken it though,but that stuff can be picked up just about anywhere local...might be worth $3 to try,who knows..some b12 shots help keep my energy up sometimes when I get worn down...Other than that,nothing gets me in a better mood that a good old' Test Injection....works everytime..
  12. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.73%

cmp007...I' can only speak for myself but whenever I used to feel down and all that...I'd drag myself out wherever and find a new piece of a$$...nothing cheers you up like a new hot chick you just wanna see whats under those threads,that my friend is a supplement money can't buy,I vote you need to hookup with a couple new' chicks...I have never been happier and less stress free than when I was dating 4-5 girls at a time...that right there will knock the depressed right outta ya...This is my best advice...I'd always have good luck finding quality chicks out shopping or going out to eat even,usually bar chicks weren't my thing,maybe a one nighter,but thats about it...approach a chick at her job where she's comfortable in her "zone" and your in there...
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.13%

Quote Originally Posted by getswole View Post
    cmp007...I' can only speak for myself but whenever I used to feel down and all that...I'd drag myself out wherever and find a new piece of a$$...nothing cheers you up like a new hot chick you just wanna see whats under those threads,that my friend is a supplement money can't buy,I vote you need to hookup with a couple new' chicks...I have never been happier and less stress free than when I was dating 4-5 girls at a time...that right there will knock the depressed right outta ya...This is my best advice...I'd always have good luck finding quality chicks out shopping or going out to eat even,usually bar chicks weren't my thing,maybe a one nighter,but thats about it...approach a chick at her job where she's comfortable in her "zone" and your in there...

14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.82%

I wouldn't reccomend using 5-htp. I've used it before and all it did was make my wallet lighter. And at times, it would make me feel worse, or rather do the opposite of what I was taking it for.

If I were you, and your temper, anxiety, mood, depression is that bad, then go see your doc. Most likely he'll prescribe you some ativan, valium, klonopin, etc...something along those lines, and maybe a mood stabilizer.

I've yet to find anything to help with my temper and I've pretty much tried every supp in the book.
  15. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.58%

Quote Originally Posted by Riquee View Post
    Trip..How do you dose your Gaba for the buzziness ? I sometimes use a little to sleep better and it helps but never felt what you are describing..
    i take like 2+ grams.....wait like 15-20 mins then take 2+ more
  16. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.4%

What works for me is put here by god, made illegal by man and enjoyed by more people than you know, oh yeah a killer view and a hot tub works as well.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.13%

i take like 2+ grams.....wait like 15-20 mins then take 2+ more
    I will try that thx
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Bering C View Post
    What works for me is put here by god, made illegal by man and enjoyed by more people than you know, oh yeah a killer view and a hot tub works as well.
    I second that....mj will get rid of the anxiety/depression/anger for sure. If you are able to do it without being tested- go for it!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-20-2011, 03:10 PM
  2. Something to keep me alert
    By Doogsy123 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 11:39 PM
  3. Something to get me psycho jacked!!!!1
    By Rugger in forum Supplements
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 02:29 PM
  4. Need something to give me energy before work out