ADD meds (Concerta) and PH's (SuperD): Negative interactions?

  1. ADD meds (Concerta) and PH's (SuperD): Negative interactions?


    Can anyone offer insight to this? My doc told me not to drink heavily because Concerta and Alchohol can stress the liver.

    Can someone offer insight into whether or not there are any negative results from using PH's and Concerta?

    I would only presume that transdermal would be better than oral...beyond that I am in the dark.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Goat
    Can anyone offer insight to this? My doc told me not to drink heavily because Concerta and Alchohol can stress the liver.

    Can someone offer insight into whether or not there are any negative results from using PH's and Concerta?

    I would only presume that transdermal would be better than oral...beyond that I am in the dark.
    I did it for over a decade, not a prob, just be aware that MAOI elevate enzymes. And just about every centrally active amine is a MAOI!

  3. i was wondering the same thing. i take a type of ritalin. never noticed any sides to be concerned with but i wonder if they affect one another at all? i've never been comfortable discussing ph's with my doctor and with the ban it will be even worse. if anyone has any opinions or experience let me know.. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DR.D
    I did it for over a decade, not a prob, just be aware that MAOI elevate enzymes. And just about every centrally active amine is a MAOI!
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by dozer3
    i was wondering the same thing. i take a type of ritalin. never noticed any sides to be concerned with but i wonder if they affect one another at all? i've never been comfortable discussing ph's with my doctor and with the ban it will be even worse. if anyone has any opinions or experience let me know.. thanks
    I used Ritalin for awhile, though I wasn't juicing much at the time, I was drinking like a fish (oh those college days) it is metabolized by a different pathway than other common stims, and does put more stress on the liver, but it was still never a problem for me. At less than 60mg/d, I doubt you'd have an issue.

  5. I used to use Cylert back when I was in elementary school, and I had to go in every 2-3 months to get blood work done to see how my liver was doing while on it. Just some info, dunno if what you are taking and what I took are in the same family or what.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by BOHICA
    I used to use Cylert back when I was in elementary school, and I had to go in every 2-3 months to get blood work done to see how my liver was doing while on it. Just some info, dunno if what you are taking and what I took are in the same family or what.
    Cylert is probably the one you'd need to watch closest as far as liver enzymes go

  7. So NAC and Milk Thistle would also be an obvious addition?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Goat
    So NAC and Milk Thistle would also be an obvious addition?
    Yes, it wouldn't hurt for sure, good insurance
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Should I add dbol to halo PH and test cycle
    By Mkitmethlated in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-11-2013, 11:44 AM
  2. Concerta and PH, Advice?
    By jonathonk10d in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 03:58 PM
  3. Cholesterol lowering spreads and PHs
    By Andy2k in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2003, 09:24 PM
  4. after effects of aas and PH
    By ironviking in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-03-2003, 05:55 PM
  5. Fiber and PH
    By Sean in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2003, 09:34 PM
Log in
Log in