Nicotine

CNPComicNerd

Awards
Hey so I know Chaos and Pain recently did a blog about all the benefits of nicotine but I have no interest in starting to smoke. I hate the smell and the negatives of all that tar aren't for me. But while the additives are what make cigarettes bad I don't know of serious side effects of taking nicotine. I was wondering if anyone knew the best way to get nicotine into the system without taking cigarettes. Should I get the patches?Gum? Or is there even a supp for it? I know e-cigs are popular but my friend says they dose pretty low and its fairly expensive(but I am considering it).

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you for real? You want to start taking something that hundreds of thousands of people wish they could quit because of a blog article? I also hear meth is good for weight loss.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've used e-cigs. You can get high dosed ones like Logic Platinum. I would normally use it all day, maybe a bit too much. A $10 disposable would last me almost 3 days.

I can start/stop on a dime too... it's all in your head. People who get hooked are those who use it for things like stress relief, etc, as it is a stimulant but has a calming effect on the limbic system.

Some people use the gum as well. Nicotine itself (not actual cigs) has been fairly commonly used for weight loss.

GD67

GD67

Awards
I remember reading a short bit in Muscle Media 2000 many years ago ( Bill Philips ) about chewing the gum to get amped up for lifting. My wife had bought some trying to quit smoking and hated the taste so I had a box to try( I didn't smoke). It did work as promised.

CNPComicNerd

Awards
Are you for real? You want to start taking something that hundreds of thousands of people wish they could quit because of a blog article? I also hear meth is good for weight loss.
Good logical fallacy in the vein of reducio ad hitlerum. I was wondering if anyone on this board has experiences that were similar to what this blog had said(and other places) that seems to have been agreed upon by two other members in this thread. Also while nicotine is the addictive substance the bad part of cigarettes are the tar and other carcinogenic substances added. It's like with doritos; they add a chemical to make you keep eating but that chemical isn't exactly bad its all that **** they put in it.

And yes I'm highly competitive I would doze nicotine in high amounts if it gave me all the benefits I've heard about along with the minimum bad side effects. You have people on this forum taking steroids and etc and yet I'm going to far by talking about nicotine? I hope we can create a good place for discussion instead of this becoming something like, "Arrgh no you're wrong!" "You're trolling you idiot" or whatever.

Gutter did you notice any benefits or negative side effects from your high use of the e-cig?

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good logical fallacy in the vein of reducio ad hitlerum. I was wondering if anyone on this board has experiences that were similar to what this blog had said(and other places) that seems to have been agreed upon by two other members in this thread. Also while nicotine is the addictive substance the bad part of cigarettes are the tar and other carcinogenic substances added. It's like with doritos; they add a chemical to make you keep eating but that chemical isn't exactly bad its all that **** they put in it. And yes I'm highly competitive I would doze nicotine in high amounts if it gave me all the benefits I've heard about along with the minimum bad side effects. You have people on this forum taking steroids and etc and yet I'm going to far by talking about nicotine? I hope we can create a good place for discussion instead of this becoming something like, "Arrgh no you're wrong!" "You're trolling you idiot" or whatever. Gutter did you notice any benefits or negative side effects from your high use of the e-cig?
I quit using the e cig. Then quit that. Been cigarette free for 14 months. Have used the e cig on a couple occasions since December. I quit the e cig because it started to give me nasty headaches. They still do. Almost immediately. They never use to for the first few months of it. That was the main negative side effect for me if that helps.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
What's the benefit of nicotine?

CNPComicNerd

Awards
reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Your scary and somewhat appropriate avatar aside that was an awesome reply, thanks.

Reps4 if you want you can read what the above posted and it'll give you most everything you need to know but the summary is this: decreases appetite, aids in fat loss, acts as a stimulant in low doses, decreases estrogen, and in low doses protects against Parkinsons and Alzheimers
Well you told me what I needed to know so I'm good :) I use an ecig and rarely smoke cigs so this is some good news.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And is highly addictive and you build tolerances to it. There are so many other things that can help lose weight and curb appetite, why choose something that could lead you to smoking or chewing which kills hundreds of thousands of people? And Ecigs aren't some miracle nicotine delivery system, they are far too new for any research to show the effects long term.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And is highly addictive and you build tolerances to it. There are so many other things that can help lose weight and curb appetite, why choose something that could lead you to smoking or chewing which kills hundreds of thousands of people? And Ecigs aren't some miracle nicotine delivery system, they are far too new for any research to show the effects long term.
while I won't dismiss the addictive attributes of nicotine for some - most consume nicotine through smoking that has physical (hand to mouth) and social aspects (cig breaks, after meals, with coffee, long drives) I have used plenty of nicotine via gum and could drop it in a heartbeat. I am pretty disposed to addictive chemicals yet nicotine has done no such thing to me.

Plenty of things kill plenty of people. Steroids, alcohol, fast food, driving, living...

Small dose short term use is harmless otherwise.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree with the above. I am addiction prone to certain things, but pure nicotine has never been a problem for me. I can and have stopped cold turkey.

Most PH/PS have had no long term studies done on them, but that hasn't stopped thousands of people from using them. Nicotine delivery via inhalation of vapor, doesn't really seem like a dangerous thing as long as you know how much you are getting daily.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed on there being many other things that kill plenty of people, and you're lucky that you're able to drop it so easily. I smoked for ten years, quit by using the gum and weaning off, hardest thing I ever did. It's been a few years and I still get cravings, and yea definitely for some of the more social reasons, but will also still get strong cravings occasionally when stressed or upset. So people who are predisposed to addiction I still feel the risks of becoming addicted far outweigh the positives.

CNPComicNerd

Awards
I completely understand you man and I am in no way trying to make nicotine out to be something that people should all jump on. And I will never recommend or get involved with cigarettes because the risk outweigh the benefits by far. Nicotine alone though is a very interesting chemical to me and I'm more interested in it from a scientific point but I'm not afraid to use it. Especially since a lot of studies have been done on it an given it positive effects that would make any normal supplement look amazing.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Little bit unrelated, but NADH (the reduced form of Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) is also an interesting chemical

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
NADH is a great, healthy supplement for energy, without being a stimulant