effective liver protection

clax

Banned
Awards
hey here i dont know about you but id really like to keep my liver as healthy as possable. i know there is MT but what other things should i try to key in to, to find a good liver protection? and what are the most affective dosages? is more better? thanks

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
get the highest quality MT you can find if youre gonna run it.. and do it 2-3 grams daily

NAC, Choline and MT is a good combo.

take it with fats and some protein or it may upset your stomach (MT anyway )

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
screw milk thistle,

i would get Thermolife Liver Longer, its specifically designed for this kind of purpose. its expensive but you get what you pay for, why screw around with some herbs when protection is needed.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SAM-e at 400mg/day is pretty nice for that as well

clax

Banned
Awards
Thermolife Liver Longer do i do that just when on cycle?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thermolife Liver Longer do i do that just when on cycle?
i think its beneficial to continue into pct, and perhaps a taper would be ok.

if you can only afford 1 box take 1 for the cycle and use a good milk thistle product that is standardized for sylmarian. bulk nutra brand is a good cheap option.

BryanM

Awards
  • Established
Nac is what is given for detox in hospitals so I'd have to say its probably the most beneficial

600-1200mg ed

MT has been proven to help in regrowth of liver cells

2-3 grams ed. Screw the pre mades that are low dosed and super expensive

smark

Awards
You may already know that milk thistle is the most widely recognized natural remedy for liver health. It has been shown in scientific studies to not only protect liver cells, but also to help regenerate healthy ones.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey here i dont know about you but id really like to keep my liver as healthy as possable. i know there is MT but what other things should i try to key in to, to find a good liver protection? and what are the most affective dosages? is more better? thanks
Milk Thistle is definitely the best thing you could go for. Dosages change depending on the product. For example, Liver Juice contains 500mg of Milk Thistle per 5ml serving, and the recommended dosage is 5ml 1-2 times daily.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Liver Longer is what i trust if i take an oral.

below is a quote:

"TAUROURSODEOXYCHOLIC ACID (TUDCA)

A commonly prescribed drug for cholestasis is called Ursodiol (UDCA). However, it is a prescription drug and therefore NOT an option for OTC use. Fortunately, we believe there is a better choice, and that is tauroursodeoxycholic acid (TUDCA). TUDCA is the taurine conjugate of UDCA. It is an endogenous bile acid (found in bear gall bladder) accounting for a small percent of the bile found in the human body and has been used for years to treat liver disorders.

TUDCA aids in normal liver function in many ways. First, this bile acid acts to restore bile acid transporters. Doing this allows bile to flow normally via these transporters. Not only that, but it also acts to prevent formation of the toxic steroid glucuronides in the first place. A 2003 study showed that TUDCA is a noncompetitive inhibitor of steroid glucuronidation in vivo and in vitro(3). This means fewer toxic metabolites will be made in the first place! And, TUDCA may also increase the excretion of any glucuronide metabolites that do get formed, so they will not be around long enough in the liver to start down regulating any bile acid transporters(4).

As you can see, TUDCA is targeted toward steroid toxicity, and is not your typical run of the mill liver protector made with milk thistle. TUDCA helps prevent the formation of toxic steroid metabolites, reverses the toxic actions of those metabolites that do get formed, and speeds the elimination of the metabolites from the liver."

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
southerncharm.....your mailbox is full. i sent you reps and a message but unsure if you got it.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
sorry bro im gonna go clear it out now ;)

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
NAC, NA-RALA, Liv 52 are great, but nothing beats Ursodeoxycholic acid. Not a supplement though.

zachmanman

zachmanman

Awards
NAC seems to only be good if you're taking ibuprofen

jpower9

jpower9

Awards
I'm a big fan of Liv52. Some other supplements that are great for the liver include schizandra berries and licorice. Those two combined with milk thistle have been proven in clinical studies to reverse hepatitis.

Conrad415

Conrad415

Awards
N2Guard. It is the only product I use since it came out. I use to take milk thristle, NAC and liver protects. But I can tell a difference is how my body is recovering, fuctioning and responding on N2Guard.

bsypher

Awards
Ursodeoxycholic acid can be purchased online at certain sites but it's pricey..around 1.90 for a 300 mg pill