Help me get rid of my sleeping problems! - AnabolicMinds.com

Help me get rid of my sleeping problems!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member

Help me get rid of my sleeping problems!

As I sit here at almost 6AM i'm finally tired of having issues sleeping. I've always been one to stay up late (2-3AM) and it didn't bother me not getting a ton of sleep, but with a change in my lifestyle I need to now be up earlier and more alert.

I used to take script sleeping aids, seemed to help but it's been awhile I want to try something new before I go back to the doctor. Currently I take benadryl (2 caps - 25mg each) and melatonin (1 cap - 3 mg) and while it was helping now I'm having a hard time sleeping all together (or getting to sleep) even with these two things. Once I do get to sleep, i'm fine (don't wake up) but when I do finally wake up, even with 8 hours of sleep or more, I feel like a zombie and find it VERY hard to get out of bed.

So i'm looking for other OTC things to try, before I head back to the doc. I've looked at mostly kava kava, but theres so many different options (paste, caps, tea) that I don't know where to buy or which to choose. Looking for things that won't be feel like I have a hangover, tired, etc. I need a better nights sleep, and I need to get to sleep faster (even going to sleep at 1AM) would be awesome.

I'm not one who gets addicted to things, so thats not my worry, however I don't want to test the waters if I don't need to.

I'm open to options at a decent price, I think kava may be my best bet, but then again i'm sure there is other stuff that can help me get to sleep faster.

Thanks in advance.

2. New Member

3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

First what's your stim intake like?

One supplement that might help is L-Dopa / Bulk 1-Carboxy if you haven't tried that.

Sounds like you have some major issues.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  260 lbs.

I would give up all caffeine. If you take in quite a bit, then gradually reduce it until you stop completely. The L-Dopa / Bulk 1-Carboxy suggestion is a good one. Some people respond to Valerian Root, and you could add Melatonin as well.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Too much melatonin will leave you feeling "hungover." You could always try smoking mary jane if that's your thing.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

I would say melatonin, but like PublicEnemy said too much will leave you feeling groggy.
    If you try to read or do something boring before you go to bed and avoid stimulants and television- it might help.
  7. New Member

Tried 1-Carboxy didn't work, however I could try again I didn't use for long.

As in my first post melatonin was helping but doesn't now. It's not that I can't fall asleep, its I fall asleep really late, I just need to figure out what will make me tired.

I don't drink much caffeine, and even so caffeine really doesn't do anything to me, I've drinking a ton of red-bulls before when I was super tired, and didn't help.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Were you taking 1-Carboxy on an empty stomach? Since GH is antagonistic to insulin, if you eat a meal that elicits a substantial insulin response (i.e. carbs) it is going to completely negate any effects 1-Carboxy could have.

And I agree with television and stimulants... both are not conducive to good sleep.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

If i cant sleep i jack my meat.
  10. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
    Were you taking 1-Carboxy on an empty stomach? Since GH is antagonistic to insulin, if you eat a meal that elicits a substantial insulin response (i.e. carbs) it is going to completely negate any effects 1-Carboxy could have.

And I agree with television and stimulants... both are not conducive to good sleep.
    I'll try it on a empty stomach, I don't eat before bed so if it's going to work it will. I can't remember the dosing for it though.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.

the two best OTC sleep aids for me have been X-dream and Somnidren GH.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I'll try it on a empty stomach, I don't eat before bed so if it's going to work it will. I can't remember the dosing for it though.
    1/4 Tsp should be ~800mg. I wouldn't take over 1/2 Tsp but you want to gradually build up to that.
  13. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Too much melatonin will leave you feeling "hungover." You could always try smoking mary jane if that's your thing.
    Never did anything for me and I think anything over 1grm is too much...I think a majority of people don't realize that the pineal gland ( which produces melatonin at the appropriate time....nightfall/before bed ) is a natural function.

You might be dealing with some magnesium issues/deficiency.....sounds to me the issue is much more serious than popping a pill to relieve the issue. The other thing is it could also be a liver issue, do you at anytime get back up in the middle of night ?

I'm no expert by any means try out some magnesium citrate and an antioxidant blend to see if that has any effect getting your sleeping in order.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

me too
  15. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rxp1997 View Post
    the two best OTC sleep aids for me have been X-dream and Somnidren GH.
    This^^^ EXCELLENT COMBO

If you'd like to go cheaper than that, 500mg GABA, 800mg phenibut is pretty good although you will have to adjust doses as effects diminish.
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I've always wanted to try X-Dream but its too spendy for my tastes. Although I am curious in the effects of the 3-hydroxy-GABA and bromo-melatonin... would anyone like to share some input?

Not a big fan of Somnidren because of the phenibut and PEA though...
  17. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    This^^^ EXCELLENT COMBO

If you'd like to go cheaper than that, 500mg GABA, 800mg phenibut is pretty good although you will have to adjust doses as effects diminish.
    Can you find this stuff in like walmart, or do you need to order online? Did a quick search online to see if I could find it stores but no luck.

Will it have similar effects as dream-x and Somnidren GH? I saw they are coming out with dream-x 2 (I believe)
  18. purebred

Powerfull and Valerian Root? It's a combination I will be logging once I get back into the groove of things and begin lifting again. It'd be pretty neat to have a log run parallel to mine.

Valerian root acts similar to a benzodiazepine and will have a sedative effect 30 min. after ingestion. You can pair something up with the Valerian that will improve quality of sleep, hence, my Powerfull recommendation--no pun intended.

You could always try a little Valerian and Vagin...a
    Not a big fan of Somnidren because of the phenibut and PEA though...
    Care to elaborate on this, PE?
  19. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZORBACK09 View Post
    Can you find this stuff in like walmart, or do you need to order online? Did a quick search online to see if I could find it stores but no luck.

Will it have similar effects as dream-x and Somnidren GH? I saw they are coming out with dream-x 2 (I believe)
    GABA

Phenibut

GABA and Phenibut will give you results, cheaper for longer supply, but X dream and Somindren GH are solid products on their own. I tend to cycle regular GABA and Phenibut when Xdream is out stock and it works pretty good.
  20. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    GABA

Phenibut

GABA and Phenibut will give you results, cheaper for longer supply, but X dream and Somindren GH are solid products on their own. I tend to cycle regular GABA and Phenibut when Xdream is out stock and it works pretty good.
    Thanks a lot man, i'll be buying it soon. Basically this will be just as good as X-dream and GH, but cheaper?
  21. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

With the right dose yes
  22. New Member

About Bulk 1-Carboxy, I have some and had it in my closet for a few months, now its in clumps and im assuming I'm not going to be able to use it. Does Bulk 1-Carboxy work well, meaning would it go good with the other 2 things?
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Care to elaborate on this, PE?
    Sorry, I totally missed this until now. Anyways, for myself its just a matter of personal preference. I had some negative (i.e. addiction) experiences with PEA in conjunction with deprenyl last fall. Because of that I avoid the stuff like the plague. I also am not a big fan of potent GABAergic drugs (although they have given me a few good stories); I just feel that phenibut is a bit too powerful in effects and withdrawal symptoms.

Tying this into Somnidren, I have never used it but I have no doubt it is an effective product. Although... I think it is irresponsible to market it as an ED supplement because of phenibut's suppressive nature. Just my two cents, which albeit, aren't really worth **** anyways.

About Bulk 1-Carboxy, I have some and had it in my closet for a few months, now its in clumps and im assuming I'm not going to be able to use it. Does Bulk 1-Carboxy work well, meaning would it go good with the other 2 things?
    I've used 1-Carboxy that has sat for a couple of months and it has worked just fine for me. The powder is just extremely hydroscopic. It would work quite well with phenibut but you might be feeling a bit groggy in the morning if you over dose.

As far as GABA is concerned... its great for systemic relaxation but it has minimal effects on the brain. If you're taking it to relax physically it will work, but IMO anything else is placebo. GABA has a very hard time crossing the BBB. [1]

[1] Kuriyama K, Sze PY (January 1971). "Blood-brain barrier to H3-gamma-aminobutyric acid in normal and amino oxyacetic acid-treated animals". Neuropharmacology 10 (1): 1038. PMID 5569303.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Ashwagandha + Valerian Root + Melatonin is a stack that I like. I believe both Ashwagandha and VR act on the GABA pathway.

Phenibut takes 3-4 hrs to notice anything for me and doesn't necessarily have as much effect on putting me to sleep as it does its anti-anxiety effects. Once asleep on Phenibut I can sleep for a while though.
  25. Registered User

In the past Valerian root worked very well for me, cant remember how I felt waking up from it though cause this was years ago but it did help me sleep. I would also highly recommend no caffeine past 3-6pm.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

if you want to have some fun too jus take a hefty dose of phenibut.. great to have a trippy time and it most defiantly has anti anxiety properties
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  230 lbs.

no bro it does clump up, you can still use it, just break it up it will still dissolve. I cannot answer about the other two things , I have never used them, But 1- crboxy solved my insomnia, although i do take two 1/4 tsp sometimes three 30 mins pre bed on and empty stomach. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  28. Registered User

One thing I forgot to mention that's very important, don't wear sunglasses before 11am.
    If you otherwise wont, try get 10-30 minutes morning sunlight on to your eyes between 7am-11am especially in winter, this helps adjust your sleep cycle.
  29. New Member

Turn off all light sources after 7pm and your body will get back into rhythm. I bet you watch TV in bed and do all kinds of crap like that.
  30. purebred

Quote Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
    One thing I forgot to mention that's very important, don't wear sunglasses before 11am.
    If you otherwise wont, try get 10-30 minutes morning sunlight on to your eyes between 7am-11am especially in winter, this helps adjust your sleep cycle.
    Come again? LOL
  31. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

1 Doxylamine succinate 25mg (generic unisom tabs, not the crappy gells, most powerful sedative sold a without script, and very safe.), 4 400mg valerian root, half 3mg melatonin
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  32. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    1 Doxylamine succinate 25mg (generic unisom tabs, not the crappy gells, most powerful sedative sold a without script, and very safe.), 4 400mg valerian root, half 3mg melatonin
    Suggest that for bed? Do you do this? Does it give you that "groggy" feeling?
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'5"  225 lbs.

Take 4 Excedrin pm's and try to rub one out before you pass out. WIN WIN
    Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Im not to fond of taking serm's for long periods of time....
  34. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by timmmah View Post
    Take 4 Excedrin pm's and try to rub one out before you pass out. WIN WIN
    Haha, steal that from 40 year old virgin?
  35. Senior Member

Ill help you get rid of that damn sleeping! Do some meth. Youll be up for days.
  36. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Suggest that for bed? Do you do this? Does it give you that "groggy" feeling?
    Yea thats my sleep stack. Na I wake fine.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  37. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    Where do you find the best deal on the 1 doxylamine succinate? (If i'm allowed to ask that in OTC drug section)
  38. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Best sleep ive gotten is while i was using HGHpro by AI. Popped 4 caps 30 minutes before bed on an empty stomach and i was out like a light. You may wanna give it a shot.
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as/IS NOT medical advice. All workout programs/protocols, diets,
    and/or supplementation NEEDS to be discussed with the appropriate medical professional. Consult your doctor about any health concerns you may have.
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  260 lbs.

Razorback, just curious ... when do you workout? When I used to exercise in the evenings after work it was more difficult to sleep at times. Now I get up and do weights and/or cardio first thing in the morning. I can barely keep my eyes open past 10 pm anymore.

Reading also helps to relax many people.

And I just scanned this whole thread and don't think I saw mention of trying L-theanine (or have some green tea) an hour before bedtime.
  40. New Member

Doxylamine succinate and melatonin have worked great so far. Got to bed an hour or so earlier then normal even waking up on the same cycle. I'am a bit tired but I feel ok once i'm up for a bit. I'm going to add in valerian root tonight.

I work out usually around 6PM, but it's the only possible time I can.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Squating problems b/c of knee & other problems - help
    By gettin'old in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 02:25 PM
  2. Need Help Sleeping
    By AnthonyIOSOS in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 12:46 AM
  3. Having problems sleeping...
    By medic620 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17