I don't know what to title this formestain question.

  1. Senior Member
    kingdong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    8206
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    0.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I don't know what to title this formestain question.


    I take a handfull of supplements, and they are all things the can be taken for legit health reasons. I try to stay away from things that are strictly "performance boosters". Creatine is honestly the most sports specific thing I take. Having said that, I have some symptoms of high DHT. I'm balding young, had a 40 year olds body hair when I was 15, and some skin problems. I hear formestain helps regulate DHT, so I am thinking about taking my first "not really nature based but created in a lab" supplement to medicate my problem. Is this a good idea? If the answer is yes, please share dosing suggestions and protocols.

  2. Professional Member
    celc5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,211
    Rep Power
    140360
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    89.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Formestane is the next best thing to crossing the line into designer hormones. It will have positive effects on strength, gym aggression, confidence (alpha male), libido and bedroom performance, and leaning/fat loss effect.

    The only negative thing I experience with formestane is increased blood pressure when I increase my dosage too quickly. When I start out with a low dose and slowly increase by 1 pump every 3 to 4 days, the BP is rarely an issue.

    Formestane may help to prevent further dht problems to an extent. However, formestane is NOT going to make your hair grow brack or even make your hairline look any thicker I'm not sure if that's what you were asking, but I just wanted to clarify for you.
  3. Senior Member
    kingdong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    8206
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    0.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    Formestane is the next best thing to crossing the line into designer hormones. It will have positive effects on strength, gym aggression, confidence (alpha male), libido and bedroom performance, and leaning/fat loss effect.

    The only negative thing I experience with formestane is increased blood pressure when I increase my dosage too quickly. When I start out with a low dose and slowly increase by 1 pump every 3 to 4 days, the BP is rarely an issue.

    Formestane may help to prevent further dht problems to an extent. However, formestane is NOT going to make your hair grow brack or even make your hairline look any thicker I'm not sure if that's what you were asking, but I just wanted to clarify for you.
    I really am not worried about my hair, so much as the fact that I show high DHT sides in every way. I will ask this: for a guy who already has acne, will formestane make it worse or better?
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    celc5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,211
    Rep Power
    140360
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    89.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Lucky for me, I'm not prone to acne, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. In my experience, the only thing that has increased acne for me was 6oxo. I've gotten a few bacne here and there ON designer cycles, but for the most part, I'm lucky.

    I can't honestly say that Formestane will help with your acne. And, not to be negative again, but the transdermal delivery carrier MIGHT actually irritate your skin. Now for the most part, it tends to dry people out. But if I had as severe of acne issues that you are implying, I'd be careful slathering anything suspicious on my skin.

    I do my best to give honest answering. I'm betting what I said isn't what you were looking for... I hope you still appreciate my opinion though.
  5. New Member
    sub001's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    176
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    66.59%

    Formestane aggravates the **** out of my hair follicles and they turn red, and I'm only mostly prone to acne. I buzz my legs with a Philips body groomer, no razor shaving, and they still get aggravated, but it's whatever. I'm not really seeing any results from the formestane yet so I might not buy it again. If you've read over some results thread let me know. It's only been 2 weeks but I thought I would notice a little by now. Ohwell, only 20 bucks.
  6. Senior Member
    kingdong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    8206
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    0.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I appreciate both your answers. My acne isn't very bad, but I always have a few pimples, so my options are limited if I dont whant a huge breakout. Sun100, are you using a transdermal? Have you used one for anything else? I'm actually thiking of going the liqua vade route.
  7. New Member
    sub001's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    176
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    66.59%

    Im using the transdermal from competitive edge labs. After my eventual hdrol cycle I will try out the LV version. I heard there is more bioavailability from the transdermal, which my supplier carried for $20, but I see people getting more results with the oral.
  8. Professional Member
    celc5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,211
    Rep Power
    140360
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    89.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by sub001 View Post
    Formestane aggravates the **** out of my hair follicles and they turn red, and I'm only mostly prone to acne. I buzz my legs with a Philips body groomer, no razor shaving, and they still get aggravated, but it's whatever. I'm not really seeing any results from the formestane yet so I might not buy it again. If you've read over some results thread let me know. It's only been 2 weeks but I thought I would notice a little by now. Ohwell, only 20 bucks.
    You should have seen results by now. The 2 things that I can think of is that you are only 20. A slight test boost and anti estrogen might not make a difference for you being so young.

    The other possibility is that your form fell out of solution, which does happen. You should "feel" it within 2-3 days, even at a low dose.

    Concerning your red follicles, that really doesn't make sense LOL And I don't see how simply trimming would enhance absorption either
  9. New Member
    sub001's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    176
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    66.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    You should have seen results by now. The 2 things that I can think of is that you are only 20. A slight test boost and anti estrogen might not make a difference for you being so young.

    The other possibility is that your form fell out of solution, which does happen. You should "feel" it within 2-3 days, even at a low dose.

    Concerning your red follicles, that really doesn't make sense LOL And I don't see how simply trimming would enhance absorption either

    Haha, I just trim everything because I hate looking like jungle man, it has nothing to do with formestane. I just mentioned that because I expected a question like "is it razor burn?" but I don't use an actual razor, so wanted to clarify that. I never really thought about how test/estro products might not work since I'm a healthy 21 year old. I had some enhanced libido from DTP but that seems to have worn off after the first week. Fingers crossed for hdrol later into the summer.
  10. Senior Member
    monstermash's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    19726
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    5.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    I take a handfull of supplements, and they are all things the can be taken for legit health reasons. I try to stay away from things that are strictly "performance boosters". Creatine is honestly the most sports specific thing I take. Having said that, I have some symptoms of high DHT. I'm balding young, had a 40 year olds body hair when I was 15, and some skin problems. I hear formestain helps regulate DHT, so I am thinking about taking my first "not really nature based but created in a lab" supplement to medicate my problem. Is this a good idea? If the answer is yes, please share dosing suggestions and protocols.
    I would stop creatine use if you want to stop high DHT levels. There was one study on south african rugby players using creatine mono. ( I cannot find the link on AM ATM) The study explained a rise a of DHT from creatine use.


    If you have the means, get bloodwork for DHT while on creatine and get another after not using creatine for a month.
  11. Senior Member
    kingdong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    8206
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    0.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I don't have the means, but thanks for the advice!
  12. New Member
    sub001's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    176
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    66.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    I don't have the means, but thanks for the advice!
    I could offer my doctor a Taiwanese hooker that spit $100 bills and he wouldn't get me blood work. I really need to switch. He's a great doctor for being sick, but when it comes to bodybuilding and monitoring my health and hormone levels, he won't budge or order any blood tests. I know you can do saliva and whatnot online, but I'd rather do it in person. I really hope I can switch or get him to test everything before and after my hdrol cycle.
  13. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,939
    Rep Power
    10751492
    Level
    116
    Lv. Percent
    29.52%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    Quote Originally Posted by sub001 View Post
    I could offer my doctor a Taiwanese hooker that spit $100 bills and he wouldn't get me blood work. I really need to switch. He's a great doctor for being sick, but when it comes to bodybuilding and monitoring my health and hormone levels, he won't budge or order any blood tests. I know you can do saliva and whatnot online, but I'd rather do it in person. I really hope I can switch or get him to test everything before and after my hdrol cycle.
    send the $100 bill spitting hooker my way and get a new doc-asap. that is insane!
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  14. vadox6466
    Guest
    vadox6466's Avatar

    how old are you?
  15. Senior Member
    kingdong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    8206
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    0.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Me? 24










































































  16. New Member
    phL8Tme's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    183
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    3.21%

    The fact that you had ape hair at 15 tends to have a corrolation to high test levels at a young age. Look around, you don't need to be a doc to see low body hair most often means keeping head hair longer, for most depending on ethnicity.

    Conclusion: high nat. test levels at a young age cause acne, earlier balding, and falling test levels at an earlier age.

    This study not scientifically based or tested. Just my observations over 41 yrs growing up with a Northern European heritage, living in the country for 20 yrs, and working construction for 21 yrs. And my kids have a balding Grandma!
  17. Senior Member
    kingdong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    8206
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    0.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by phL8Tme View Post
    The fact that you had ape hair at 15 tends to have a corrolation to high test levels at a young age. Look around, you don't need to be a doc to see low body hair most often means keeping head hair longer, for most depending on ethnicity.

    Conclusion: high nat. test levels at a young age cause acne, earlier balding, and falling test levels at an earlier age.

    This study not scientifically based or tested. Just my observations over 41 yrs growing up with a Northern European heritage, living in the country for 20 yrs, and working construction for 21 yrs. And my kids have a balding Grandma!
    I wont deny any of this. Having said that, the test still has to convert to DHT before it can become Body Hair, baldness, acne, all that stuff.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. I don't know what to title this formestain question.
    By kingdong in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 02:14 PM
  2. Who is the guy on the AB.com title page?
    By orangutan in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 03:54 PM
  3. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 02:18 AM
  4. Title says it all...
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Recipes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 01:24 PM
  5. Don't know how to title this ?
    By FullyBuilt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-18-2003, 11:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in