1410, total. Team Orbit- December XXX Cbus Ohio

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
12/7/14 was the longest meet i have ever done, 14 hour day.
Sorry for incontinent video angles.
Let's start with the lifts

squat: I opened with a 20lbs PR at 470. A weight that crushed me last competition. Moved easy. Went to 500lbs. In the opinion of most the judges buried me, way too deep. 2nd attempt i fell forward some and just lost it. Can I complain with a 20lbs meet PR ? No, but I really wanted 500+

Bench: wow what a great bench day. In the warm up room I've never been so fast and explosive. First attempt 440, very light.
Went to 480 and well everything went wrong, no aggression, grip too close, just wasn't a good lift. Took 480 again and... Well we fixed the aggression part. This lift absolutely took everything I had. 480 was the RPS record so I was allowed a 4th attempt which I did not take.
To be honest I was happy with winning that fight with 480 and continuing would have been stupid.

Deadlift easy as hell. The grip specific work has really paid off. We will see great progress here going forward. Took a 405 opener, 435, then 460 for a 10lbs PR which again wasn't a struggle at all. I am excited to see how this lift develops by summer

A meet never really goes exactly to plan, proud I hit a PR in every lift and improved over all.

Now time to focus on Nutrition, and training. I won't be competing again until summer

[video=youtube_share;SXV9a1yGlDc]http://youtu.be/SXV9a1yGlDc[/video]

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good work man; keep pounding your posterior and that deadlift will be soaring by summertime - I see 1,500 next time around being a very real option.

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Good work man; keep pounding your posterior and that deadlift will be soaring by summertime - I see 1,500 next time around being a very real option.
Thanks man

The deadlift issue is mostly grip that's been screwing me we are solving that

Squats we will keep smashing

2015 will be my year for the 1550

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks man

The deadlift issue is mostly grip that's been screwing me we are solving that

Squats we will keep smashing

2015 will be my year for the 1550
Very doable by this time next year. At your height & current leg strength once the grip gets in order you should be able to milk another 100lbs off the pull alone. Assuming you can put another 10-20 on your bench in a year, you're only needing a 500lb squat to do it. Which is in the bag if you're getting strong enough to pull 560.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know people say it all the time, but some good heavy farmer's walks really do make a difference in my grip strength.

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Very doable by this time next year. At your height & current leg strength once the grip gets in order you should be able to milk another 100lbs off the pull alone. Assuming you can put another 10-20 on your bench in a year, you're only needing a 500lb squat to do it. Which is in the bag if you're getting strong enough to pull 560.
Yeah the squat surprised me
I doubled 500 at the gym 4 weeks ago, granted it was high

I will compete again this summer

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
there is always next time

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Meet battles

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
busted a few blood vessels?

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
[video=youtube_share;5qGATYDfnj8]http://youtu.be/5qGATYDfnj8[/video]

First training day back
Too much recording only gonna do one set of each exercise next time

All sets based on percentages

Didn't record the flyes, BB rows, or Arnold presses

Side note... Figured you guys would appreciate the brutal band snap on my neck haha ouch

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rollin' on Lilly's Predator bench template?? I recognize all the movements, rep ranges, & the accessories you mentioned.

I know because welcome to my life for the last 8 wks :)

It flat out works. I put 15lbs on my off-cycle PR, easy in 6 wks. And it's fun.

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Rollin' on Lilly's Predator bench template?? I recognize all the movements, rep ranges, & the accessories you mentioned.

I know because welcome to my life for the last 8 wks :)

It flat out works. I put 15lbs on my off-cycle PR, easy in 6 wks. And it's fun.
Yes I am
Great observation !

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Wait until this summer fellas
Whole new game