- 02-22-2012, 05:55 PM
I have recently received an order of supplements on Strive was on my list of next to try intra-workout drinks and will be my last (good thing). I have not stopped Cordygen 5 (great endurance/stamina product) and though I have been also on beta alanine, Andro Drive, and creatine as well, I noticed things from the Strive that I haven't experienced before. Strive must diffuse VERY quickly, because I notice that my recovery in between sets with weights and between intervals with cardio is VERY impressive. I know there are a few other factors in play, such as with Andro Drive I have the motivation and ambition to do more and to lift heavier, etc. However, with drive and ambition one needs fuel. I don't feel like I'm running on high octane fuel, I felt like that with VPX's Power Shock. I feel like I am on rocket fuel with this stuff.
When I mentioned the fast diffusion/osmosis part, I am saying that I could chug about 1/6 of my premixed Strive whilst doing cardio and after about 12-15 minutes I have to work significantly harder for the burn. No, it's not that I'm slowing down or my iPod BPM just got faster, it's a feeling that you notice like you are 'ready for take-off'.
I don't waste my time or yours by writing many reviews, as I think there are enough out there for a lot of products and unless a product REALLY strikes me as "Wow," I will not feel compelled to review it.
Here are some key points that I enjoy about the product:
1. More endurance, stamina, and less burn. You can push further and harder, so if you train properly and can handle the higher intensity or higher volume, then punch it to the max and give yourself adequate recovery time.
2. I ordered Cherry Limeaid, but ended up with Apple Melon and I do NOT like Apple flavored drinks. I personally never grabbed for the apple flavored Jolly Ranchers or salt water taffy, etc. It was a packaging error, but I tore into the product immediately and tried it. It mixed so instantly and dissolved so easily that I can actually find a concentration that became enjoyable. I also like the hint of carbonation from the bicarbonated electrolytes that adds a little bit of character (if you will) to the taste. I already have another tub coming in of the other flavor, so I can just add my Testforce 2 right in there and sip on that during the workout.
3. I must say that I don't get winded easily after sets with forced reps. I am totally serious, I wish I could explain it properly. I get into the mentality of persay.... If I'm doing cable flyes, I will pretend that I am in restraints at some kinda lab and I have to break free. It's a combination of a vivid imagination and ongoing, riveting, industrial music that makes my workouts jump from intense to insane. ....Here's the difference. Instead of being a bit light-headed and gasping to recover, I am pacing around whatever bench, seat, machine, etc. I am working out on and I am anticipating my next set like it's some kind of war.
Let me make myself perfectly clear: Andro Drive = gave me... excuse me... enabled me to find the motivation, desire, ambition to excel. Strive = I could turn all that motivation and ambition into new feets and probably PRs if I wasn't too busy having fun and being mentally engaged on the exercise itself and not the numbers. lol.
Conclusion: I really hope Strive doesn't change. I am honestly hooked on this for my intra-workout product. All things aside, this isn't meant for pumps or anything like that. This product has all the tools to allow you to achieve the kind of workout goals that you may have otherwise thought would take a SIGNIFICANTLY longer amount of time to achieve or maybe goals that you weren't even sure you could match. Well, I am sure that I would not like to train in the future without Strive, so there goes my addictive personality caving in and I find myself a 'Strive' customer for life.
Thank you very much Omega Sports for formulating and releasing this product. I heard about the hype that was going around a while back and waited patiently for this to release and I had no doubt that it would be good, but not this good. I was excited about the flavor, as the head guy for Omega Sports was saying that he wanted to nail down the taste and I will add that if I am stuck on this product with the selected flavor that's not in my favor, I can only imagine how good the damned Cherry Limeaid is going to be!
Now that, my friends as they say, is that!
- 02-22-2012, 11:55 PM
I have finally finished my first tub of strive and it was so effective I feel I need to write a review soon (I wanted to use a full tub to give a fully comprehensive review). My review will echo many of the things you said in here once I get to it. Strive is some amazing stuff IMO and I already ordered several other tubs so that I wouldn't run out
02-23-2012, 03:23 PM
I am definitely going to cross my fingers that this isn't discontinued or some bull
02-23-2012, 03:30 PM
It's a great product. Ingredients wise, it's the best intra-workout on the market right now. But I do not like that Apple Melon flavor at all, and the carbonation doesn't help. I'll be trying the Cherry Limeade soon.
02-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Looks like good stuff but at a buck a scoop its pretty expensive. Do you use only 1 scoop per workout?
02-23-2012, 04:02 PM
I recently received my first order from Omega...I can't get over how much I've fallen for their products! Strive is AMAZING!
Can't wait to try some Ultima...although, the price is kinda steep.
Lastly, good to see you on here Kyle...you're reviews are always a good read!
02-23-2012, 04:29 PM
02-23-2012, 04:34 PM
It's always good to see you, Rob! I hope everything (including to, but not limited to your training) is going great. The many times we've chatted up were always enjoyable. Don't be a stranger, bruh!
02-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Strive has done wonders for my workouts. My age doesn't lend well to long workouts but with Strive in the mix I am like the energizer bunny. I use 2 scoops of Strive, a scoop of swedish oat starch intra and come out of my workouts feeling great. Before Strive I would be totally wiped out post workout. Definitely hope this stays around!
Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
02-23-2012, 09:35 PM
02-23-2012, 09:45 PM
What other intra-workouts have you used?
I usually just use a flavored intra to cut my bulk BCAAs, but I have Nimbus's Bodyguard coming to test out, which has electrolytes, as well. I'm interested if you'd used anything like this before (I know you mentioned Power Shock). I'm curious how big of a difference the electrolytes will make.
Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
02-23-2012, 09:51 PM
I have been itching to try Strive ever since I fell in love with Flashover. Flashover is the only Omega product I've tried, but it is easily my favorite pre-workout. Strive isn't cheap, but if it is as effective as Flashover it will be worth every penny. It's on my list!
02-23-2012, 09:53 PM
02-23-2012, 09:57 PM
02-24-2012, 04:04 PM
1. Xtend (old and new and in various flavors)
2. Modern BCAA
3. Power Shock
4. Chain'd Out
5. Huma Pro (intra-workout use)
6. LG's EAA+BCAAs
7. bulk EAAs and bulk BCAAs from BN
8. Purple Wrath
9. Intra Pro (lots of samples)
10. ....much more older formulas too
I enjoyed most of these. Did I get any noticeable difference? Probably, but nothing I could feel. Power Shock does give GREAT energy and stamina boost. I'm thinking of mixing 1 scoop of the lime splash flavored Power Shock with Cherry Limeaid Strive and even adding in 1 scoop of cherry Testforce 2. The flavoring of Power Shock and Testforce are very subtle and refreshing. I have Power Shock on the way, so I will let you know how it tastes mixed with the Strive
Strive took care of some cramping issues I've had as well. That's one reason I am thoroughly impressed with it's osmolytic properties. I can also take a large gulp while doing cardio and after about 10 minutes of constant high pace aerobics, I feel the burn going away and I can actually go faster.
02-27-2012, 04:04 PM
02-27-2012, 06:49 PM
02-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Damn have a tub just sitting here... told myself I wouldn't open it until I finish my bulk Modern Bcaas and xtend. UUGHHHH!!!
Great review, very detailed!
02-28-2012, 03:20 PM
it's the best intraW on the market actually, due to peptopro (wich no company have in their products), BCAA and LCLT.
Now, what i don't like :
- Adding bicarbonates into it is stupid, it reacts with everything in it (peptopro/bcaa/malate/tartrate). At least you put placebo amounts in it, so you don't lose too much money.
- The taste is not as good as some may say, it's very salty (because of bicarbonates..)
- It's pricey. inb4 every intraW is $2/srv.
Strive is £39,99 @PN.com
peptopro is £39,99 / 1kg , so £0,32/8g (found on myprotein)
iBCAA is £47 / 1kg, so £0,47/8g (found on myprotein)
LCLT is £24/300g , so £0,16/2g (AI sports on PN)
this go for £0,95 instead for the £2,00.
you're missing the flavoring, malate, P5P (wich aren't that expensive).
02-29-2012, 06:51 PM
03-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Well, I've been going back and forth all day on whether to give the new Xtend a shot or Strive. I've been on the old Xtend for years as my intra staple.
You have made my decision now. Placing my order for Strive. Thanks for the well-written review.
03-29-2012, 02:58 PM
04-01-2012, 05:37 PM
04-07-2012, 04:14 PM
I really need to get around to writing a review of this stuff soon (all I ever seem to have time for is work and working out lately ). I will say been through two tubs of the Apple Melon and I love Strive so far. Got in a tub of Cherry Limeade and while I personally don't care for that combo of flavors I think I may like it more than the Apple Melon flavor!
04-09-2012, 03:34 PM
04-09-2012, 03:36 PM
04-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Truly though if these are the kind of products you find effective (intraworkout products are not optimal for everyones situation IMO) then Strive is a must. I used to use Intrabolic pretty much exclusively but I think Strive edges it out just a little bit.
04-10-2012, 10:52 AM
04-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Reviews have been overwhelmingly positive thus far. Also, we are still tweaking the flavors and hope to improve them here with the next production run.
04-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By ncangey0513 in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 0Last Post: 01-15-2012, 11:24 PM
- By phantom in forum NutraplanetReplies: 20Last Post: 12-13-2011, 11:48 PM