Q & A for SUPERIOR PROTEIN

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

1. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    Thanks bud. I will order PB Cups and Blueberry Pastry when it hit the OL site or Strong.
    Having said that, Gingerbread and Blueberry Pastry could easily compete for #2 for me. Fruity Cereal was hard to place because the taste was very impressive, but I would probably not choose to buy it in the future as I can foresee it becoming a bit overwhelming. Definitely great for people with a sweet tooth.

2. Just wondering in regards to the PharmaGABA, does anyone know if it was administered post workout in the study? Would it need to be taken immediately post workout in order to see any potential increase in LBM or GH, or is the timing irrelevant.
    I've been using PharmaGABA solo for sleep and cortisol control, and it's excellent for sleep! It does seem if you're using it for cortisol control you would potentially want a dose post workout; the other effects I don't know.

Crowbar
    •   

3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post

Curious if OL has had any thoughts of making these available in 4-5# tubs at some point?

They have already addressed this and said they wanted to start with 2lb , and will eventually make larger tubs in the future.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

4. Which was yesterday ...order time!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    Thanks bud. I will order PB Cups and Blueberry Pastry when it hit the OL site or Strong.
    Olympus Labs Rep - DemiGod
    For OL related questions e-mail me at [email protected]
    Use GNO30 for 30% off www.Olympus-labs.com
  5. Q & A for SUPERIOR PROTEIN

Quote Originally Posted by GNO View Post
    Which was yesterday ...order time!!!
    Order placed on the OL site! I ordered 2 tubs(Blueberry and Gingerbread), Blood Shred and Ignite. The Ignite will be the OG version, right?
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    Order placed on the OL site! I ordered 2 tubs, Blood Shred and Ignite. The Ignite will be the OG version, right?
    I’m not sure how much stock of OG is left if any. Reach out to CS to clarify your preference.
    Olympus Labs Rep - DemiGod
    For OL related questions e-mail me at [email protected]
    Use GNO30 for 30% off www.Olympus-labs.com

7. Quote Originally Posted by GNO View Post
    Iím not sure how much stock of OG is left if any. Reach out to CS to clarify your preference.
    Ok, thanks for letting me know it may not be the OG. I will call them today to confirm.

8. Read up on what stack3d has to say

https://www.stack3d.com/2018/10/olym...in-review.html
    OLYMPUS LABS REP - DemiGod

USE CODE OLYMPUS30 TO SAVE 30% ON ALL OL SUPPLEMENTS

9. Donít sleep on the Gingerbread people. Itís hella good and unique without being something you would get sick of after a couple weeks. The great thing is all the variety of choices. Iím loving SP!
    OLYMPUS LABS
    For product questions PM me or email:
    [email protected]

10. Quote Originally Posted by u_e_s_i View Post
    I get the feeling that the hydrogenated veggie oil is for the little cereal-like pieces in the protein powder. There are some things thatíre hard to replace and big food companies chose some of those in the first place for a reason other than cost.
    Tbh the doses in the protein is unlikely to make a serious difference.
    @Secondhandman
    Iím not a fan of most artificial sweeteners either and am a bit disappointed that they havenít put out versions with Lo Han Huo or stevia. Lo Han Guo extract is a fair bit more expensive than sucralose tho and that was probably a factor. Some people dislike the taste of stevia sadly. Some others believe that sucralose has no side-effects ����*♂️
    This is a bang-on response. There is literally 2 grams of cereal pieces per serving, which amounts to nothing as iterated in the macros / cals / etc.

The way i saw it myself is that when i'm dieting and killing it in the gym i will get cravings especially post workout and taking superior protein kills these cravings by taking this postworkout with the 2g of 10 cals or so this adds. Its actually quite remarkable if you think about it.
    Olympus Labs - Turning Men Into Demigods

USE OLYMPUS30 TO SAVE 30% OFF ALL OLYMPUS LABS ITEMS
    USE OLYMPUS35 TO SAVE 35% OFF ALL OLYMPUS LABS SUBSCRIPTION ITEMS

11. Quote Originally Posted by jtmass View Post
    Highly doubt youíre going to experience anything different from regular protein. The study was done with 10gms of protein. The study should have been like this

1) 2 groups of men. Same age group
    2) Keep training style and diet the same
    3) One group regular whey protein with their diet. Overall protein intake of 2.2gms/lbs
    4) Second group: all the same as above with Pharma GABA.

This is what would have been a true evaluation of Pharma GABA. When the manufacturer of the supplement does the study, itís always tend to be skewed some way or the other.
    We're not the manufacturer of pharmaGABA.. I think you're missing the point of nutraceutical supply chain. Company's do studies on ingredients they want to sell to other companies so those other companies can make claims, which is exactly what we're doing. Not rocket science, applies to every other ingredient on the market including KSM-66, Vaso-6, even pharmaceutical companies do this for drugs their pushing through for approval.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Bagofturdwind View Post
    Rice, sugar, partially hydrogenated vegetable oils, artificial flavors... Jesus. Iím just getting around to looking at the product bc I was exciting for it, but I think Iíll have to pass. I donít understand attempting to be innovative and maximizing health, strength and hypertrophy potential with the inclusion of GABA and a strategic protein blend then throwing it all away with garbage additives. I imagine people want to drink a shake as part of a healthy supplement to their diet. This isnít healthy. I donít care if itís only trace amounts as well. Why even add them then?

I know some may say ďwell you could use it like a treat or healthier snack and donít need it every dayĒ. Then why reference GABA studies in which the product must be consumed every day? Iíd be putting trans fat into my body every single day. We need supplement companies to continue to move the needle in the direction of optimal health and wellness with these types of year-round products (protein of all things). IMO if you were going to put rice in there and wanted to still be innovative, I wouldíve preferred a pure pea/brown rice protein blend with GABA and natural flavors. At least that wouldíve appeased the lactose intolerant, people who want to limit dairy-based products, vegans, those that like natural foods and on top of all that, wouldíve been healthy. Sorry. Iím just disappointed.
    This is only on the fruit loop flavor from the top of my head. This is from the fruit loops which is less than 2G. Every other company selling fruity cereal flavors is telling people to add fruit loops to it, we did it and added months into the project development process, now we're the big bad wolf??? Jeeeez. 2g of fruit loops chopped isn't going to do anything negative to you, literally adds like 10 cals to the serving size. You're also nitpicking at the other ingredients which aren't even the actives. Please try to get around your logic to the truth.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Olympus Labs View Post
    We're not the manufacturer of pharmaGABA.. I think you're missing the point of nutraceutical supply chain. Company's do studies on ingredients they want to sell to other companies so those other companies can make claims, which is exactly what we're doing. Not rocket science, applies to every other ingredient on the market including KSM-66, Vaso-6, even pharmaceutical companies do this for drugs their pushing through for approval.
    Nope. I am saying what exactly you just said. It’s the manufacturers who gets the study and make these claims. I am not saying OL is making these claims.

14. Quote Originally Posted by pharrison1 View Post
    Stick with PES for protein shakes
    Is that Protein Open Label?

Blend in a Prop Blend..

15. Quote Originally Posted by jtmass View Post
    Nope. I am saying what exactly you just said. It’s the manufacturers who gets the study and make these claims. I am not saying OL is making these claims.
    People only do things when they have a vested interest..even some charity's take a lot out of the dollar you donate...

16. gonna have to order the toucan twist

17. Quote Originally Posted by jtmass View Post
    Someone has to fund the studies, studies are expensive. Of course anytime someone with a vested interest funds a study you have to analyze the study to make sure it's still objective, but that doesn't automatically mean that the study isn't legitimate. We have some VERY intelligent formulators on our team. We would not include a relatively pricey ingredient like PharmaGABA if they hadn't analyzed the literature and believed it was a worthy addition. As for you, as a consumer we welcome you to read our write-ups and if you want to look at the literature itself to do that too. Then we offer two versions, so you're free to decide whether it's worth the extra cost for you.
    OLYMPUS LABS
    Use BECKI30 for 30% off your order at olympus-labs.com and olympusuk.com

18. Quote Originally Posted by crowbar46 View Post
    Just wondering in regards to the PharmaGABA, does anyone know if it was administered post workout in the study? Would it need to be taken immediately post workout in order to see any potential increase in LBM or GH, or is the timing irrelevant.
    I've been using PharmaGABA solo for sleep and cortisol control, and it's excellent for sleep! It does seem if you're using it for cortisol control you would potentially want a dose post workout; the other effects I don't know.

Crowbar
    Maybe someone from OL that has access to the full study can confirm, but what I can see from the abstract, it just says whey + GABA daily.

METHODS: Twenty-six healthy male volunteers (26-48 yrs) were divided into one of two groups; whey protein (WP) group ingesting 10g of whey protein, or whey protein + GABA (WP+G) group ingesting 10g of whey protein and 100 mg of GABA every day for 12 weeks. Both groups were subjected to a resistance training twice a week in which they performed three sets of 12 repetitions at 60% of one-repetition maximum on the following exercises: leg press, leg extension, leg curl, chest press and pull down. Body composition was assessed by dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry at baseline and 12wk after the training period. Resting plasma GH concentration was assessed at baseline, 4, 8 and 12wk.

https://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/F...otein.166.aspx

19. Quote Originally Posted by Jebrook View Post
    Donít sleep on the Gingerbread people. Itís hella good and unique without being something you would get sick of after a couple weeks. The great thing is all the variety of choices. Iím loving SP!
    Have only tried 2 flavors thus far but gingerbread is my fav. Going to be ordering 2 more very soon
    OLYMPUS LABS REP - DemiGod

USE CODE OLYMPUS30 TO SAVE 30% ON ALL OL SUPPLEMENTS

20. Is there any chance you'll sell samples for this protein so we can have a chance to try out the various flavors before purchasing? I find the price for this product is extremely high, so I'd love to be able to try before I buy.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. A good recipe for a protein bar
    By cedrone50 in forum Recipes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 11:23 AM
  2. Lookin for new Protein. Help
    By MentalTwitch in forum Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 07:17 PM
  3. Best brand for night protein
    By MacWanted in forum Supplements