Q & A for SUPERIOR PROTEIN

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Finally! What flavor is everyone trying first?

dollar662

Awards
  • Established

Is it 4g of carbs or 6g. Also 140 cal or 125 cal im less concerned with. I have seen it posted both ways

Thanks

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is it 4g of carbs or 6g. Also 140 cal or 125 cal im less concerned with. I have seen it posted both ways

Thanks
The calories and carbs will vary slightly by flavour.

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My son who just turned 16 has started lifting and wants to use protein shakes would the one with gaba be okay or no

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
I have an ingredient profile question. I am gluten sensitive however have no reaction when the ppm is very low. When looking at the allergen information on the label, OL states the protein contains wheat. The only ingredient listed that might possibly contain gluten/wheat is "malt flavor," is this malt flavor derived from barley or corn? Thank you, I'd really like to try the protein but can't if gluten is an ingredient.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How long should we allow for digestion after consuming a shake?
I ask because a two hours is usually fine for whey concentrate but micellar casein typically takes much longer

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In!! Can’t wait to get my hands on this stuff

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you have labels for each so I know in advance?

Thanks again
The label posted above is pretty typical among the five, they don’t vary significantly.

The flavour with the lowest caloric total is the PB (label below).
324FE646-8A0A-432D-985F-72EDC5EC83AC.png

I don’t think you’ll break your macros with any of the options (125-140 cals) for a shake

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How cereal like is it? Cereal piece-y enough to eat with a spoon and some milk or is still powder mostly and dissolves as usual?

dollar662

Awards
  • Established
The label posted above is pretty typical among the five, they don’t vary significantly.

The flavour with the lowest caloric total is the PB (label below).
View attachment 172649

I don’t think you’ll break your macros with any of the options (125-140 cals) for a shake
I was more concerned with carbs then cal. Small difference in cal wont make a difference but the carbs may.

Thank you

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was more concerned with carbs then cal. Small difference in cal wont make a difference but the carbs may.

Thank you
I would think that if a few extra cals won’t make a difference to you then neither would a few more grams or carbs. The difference would be negligible and would add probably around 20 more cals to the overall profile

dollar662

Awards
  • Established

I would think that if a few extra cals won’t make a difference to you then neither would a few more grams or carbs. The difference would be negligible and would add probably around 20 more cals to the overall profile
Thanks for your opinion on what you think would make a difference to me. The cal wouldnt not hurt carbs would as I keep my carbs low and have multiple protein shakes a day so depending on difference yes it matters

So i didnt realize asking for labels for different flavors was a crazy question. Since the site to purchase from also just shows one. Ill reframe from such craziness jn the future

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for your opinion on what you think would make a difference to me. The cal wouldnt no hut carbs would as I keep my carbs low and have multiple protein shakes a day so depending on difference yes it matters

So i didnt realize asking for labels for different flavors was a crazy question. Since the site to purchase from also just shows one. Ill reframe from such craziness jn the future
No offense intended...
we are just pointing out that it’s not a significant amount. With that being said, you make the decision that’s best for you.

macwad

Awards
  • Established
When will it be released to international customers?

bubbabignuts

bubbabignuts

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any reason to avoid the muscle builder version with GABA if one is taking an SSRI? I realize that's probably a question for my doc but just wondering thoughts on here...

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is the reason for Gaba in a food product? I'm confused as to the reasoning behind this.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for your opinion on what you think would make a difference to me. The cal wouldnt not hurt carbs would as I keep my carbs low and have multiple protein shakes a day so depending on difference yes it matters

Didn’t realize that giving my opinion would be taken as a personal attack on you. Never did I once refer to your question as crazy. I support anyone that is concerned with what they put into their body since I’m the same way as well. Was just pointing something out. Yes it’s my opinion so we can agree to disagree without going back and forth about something so minuscule. Good day brother.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

dollar662

Awards
  • Established
Didn’t realize that giving my opinion would be taken as a personal attack on you. Never did I once refer to your question as crazy. I support anyone that is concerned with what they put into their body since I’m the same way as well. Was just pointing something out. Yes it’s my opinion so we can agree to disagree without going back and forth about something so minuscule. Good day brother.
Sorry man if I overreacted , I guess i read tone into it that wasn’t there.

secondhandnam

Awards
Hrm so whey and casien together is better for us im reading? Interesting blend. I wish you guys did unflavored though. Im not a fan of artificial sweeteners.

Last edited:
VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Any reason to avoid the muscle builder version with GABA if one is taking an SSRI? I realize that's probably a question for my doc but just wondering thoughts on here...
Given Gaba does not easily cross the blood brain barrier and the dosage is not large in that sense, there shouldn't be any issues consuming the product. You can always run it by your doc first if that will put your mind at ease.

secondhandnam

Awards
im gonna snag some i think for my bedtime shake. I figure with the flavors (and i hear you guys do flavors awesome, havent tried your products yet but plan to really soon) it will be like a before bed dessert compared to how i eat the rest of the day. * oooh blend it in cottage cheese with some berries for bed. oh yeah im excited *

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry man if I overreacted , I guess i read tone into it that wasn’t there.
All good man. Water under the bridge. Let me know if you need any info on anything else. And if you end up trying Superior Protein, your feedback would be greatly appreciated

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im gonna snag some i think for my bedtime shake. I figure with the flavors (and i hear you guys do flavors awesome, havent tried your products yet but plan to really soon) it will be like a before bed dessert compared to how i eat the rest of the day. * oooh blend it in cottage cheese with some berries for bed. oh yeah im excited *
Sounds like a plan brother

IronFlex24

Awards
Does anyone else care that OL put partially hydrogenated oil in a protein supplement? Isn’t the FDA advising food companies to phase out artificial trans fats? This concerns me as someone who is more health conscious.

bubbabignuts

bubbabignuts

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Given Gaba does not easily cross the blood brain barrier and the dosage is not large in that sense, there shouldn't be any issues consuming the product. You can always run it by your doc first if that will put your mind at ease.
Thanks for the input!

secondhandnam

Awards
Does anyone else care that OL put partially hydrogenated oil in a protein supplement? Isn’t the FDA advising food companies to phase out artificial trans fats? This concerns me as someone who is more health conscious.
**** didnt see that.. this is why i always go for unflavored whey. all the extra **** usually sucks. The artificial sweetener and rice bums be out too. Honestly though, unless this is all you live on the amount in there is harmless im sure (not a scientist)

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The partially hydrogenated vegetable oil immediately stuck out to me as being an odd choice as well. Also, the inclusion of sugar alongside two artificial sweetners...neither of which being Stevia. The “Other Ingredients” List in general is more extensive than I would have anticipated. In reality, I just had McDonald’s for lunch today so who am I to judge!

After much debate (largely because I REALLY can’t afford this right now), I just ordered the 5 pack special!

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I get the feeling that the hydrogenated veggie oil is for the little cereal-like pieces in the protein powder. There are some things that’re hard to replace and big food companies chose some of those in the first place for a reason other than cost.
Tbh the doses in the protein is unlikely to make a serious difference.
Secondhandman
I’m not a fan of most artificial sweeteners either and am a bit disappointed that they haven’t put out versions with Lo Han Huo or stevia. Lo Han Guo extract is a fair bit more expensive than sucralose tho and that was probably a factor. Some people dislike the taste of stevia sadly. Some others believe that sucralose has no side-effects ����*♂

Ashwagandha

Awards
**** didnt see that.. this is why i always go for unflavored whey. all the extra **** usually sucks. The artificial sweetener and rice bums be out too. Honestly though, unless this is all you live on the amount in there is harmless im sure (not a scientist)
Also seeking always unflavored if possible. Does OL have any plans bringing this as unflavoured version also?

xtyler

xtyler

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
GABA + whey protein appears to elevate hypertrophy over whey protein alone. Study was done in resistance trained men too.
See here: https://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Fulltext/2016/05001/Combined_Oral_Intake_of_GABA_with_Whey_Protein.166.aspx
Exactly. Proven and substantial benefits on lean mass accrural and no effect on cognition. Perfect addition.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The partially hydrogenated vegetable oil immediately stuck out to me as being an odd choice as well. Also, the inclusion of sugar alongside two artificial sweetners...neither of which being Stevia. The “Other Ingredients” List in general is more extensive than I would have anticipated. In reality, I just had McDonald’s for lunch today so who am I to judge!

After much debate (largely because I REALLY can’t afford this right now), I just ordered the 5 pack special!
Thanks for the support brother. I know you truly enjoyed this when you got to sample it. Hope you enjoy all the flavors and can’t wait to hear your thoughts

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still waiting for an answer, even if it is the usual "We'll have great news for you soon"
Great news soon lol j/k

It will ship out when the next batch comes at the end of next week so 1.5 weeks + 1 week shipping time

Josh141090

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Natural flavouring would’ve made this the ultimate protein. Was the OL target market 16-20 year old kids? Cereal flavours and ridiculous names? They should’ve treated this product seriously. I steer clear of artificial flavours and trans fats, but that’s just me.

Josh141090

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Just got the record - I am a big advocate of OL ... love KB, KS and am currently running Massacr3

Not ****ting on the company just surprised with what they’ve included in SP and and flavouring choices

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just got the record - I am a big advocate of OL ... love KB, KS and am currently running Massacr3

Not ****ting on the company just surprised with what they’ve included in SP and and flavouring choices
We welcome feedback, both good and bad, from everyone. No worries brother

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the support brother. I know you truly enjoyed this when you got to sample it. Hope you enjoy all the flavors and can’t wait to hear your thoughts
Yes, I anticipate being highly impressed with the remaining 4 other flavors and effortless mixability. I can’t wait to increase my protein consumption with this, as that is certainly something I need to improve upon.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Natural flavouring would’ve made this the ultimate protein. Was the OL target market 16-20 year old kids? Cereal flavours and ridiculous names? They should’ve treated this product seriously. I steer clear of artificial flavours and trans fats, but that’s just me.
Tbf some of us like cereal ��