Q & A for SUPERIOR PROTEIN

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by dollar662 View Post
    Thanks for your opinion on what you think would make a difference to me. The cal wouldnt not hurt carbs would as I keep my carbs low and have multiple protein shakes a day so depending on difference yes it matters

    So i didnt realize asking for labels for different flavors was a crazy question. Since the site to purchase from also just shows one. Ill reframe from such craziness jn the future
    Didn’t realize that giving my opinion would be taken as a personal attack on you. Never did I once refer to your question as crazy. I support anyone that is concerned with what they put into their body since I’m the same way as well. Was just pointing something out. Yes it’s my opinion so we can agree to disagree without going back and forth about something so minuscule. Good day brother.
    OLYMPUS LABS REP - DemiGod

    USE CODE OLYMPUS30 TO SAVE 30% ON ALL OL SUPPLEMENTS


  2. Quote Originally Posted by max silver View Post
    What is the reason for Gaba in a food product? I'm confused as to the reasoning behind this.
    GABA + whey protein appears to elevate hypertrophy over whey protein alone. Study was done in resistance trained men too.
    See here: https://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/F...otein.166.aspx
    OLYMPUS LABS
    Use BECKI30 for 30% off your order at olympus-labs.com and olympusuk.com
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by TrainerTone View Post
    Didn’t realize that giving my opinion would be taken as a personal attack on you. Never did I once refer to your question as crazy. I support anyone that is concerned with what they put into their body since I’m the same way as well. Was just pointing something out. Yes it’s my opinion so we can agree to disagree without going back and forth about something so minuscule. Good day brother.
    Sorry man if I overreacted , I guess i read tone into it that wasn’t there.

  4. Hrm so whey and casien together is better for us im reading? Interesting blend. I wish you guys did unflavored though. Im not a fan of artificial sweeteners.
    Last edited by secondhandnam; 10-16-2018 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Was mistaken

  5. Quote Originally Posted by secondhandnam View Post
    Hrm so whey and casien together is better for us im reading? Interesting blend. I wish you guys did unflavored though. Im not a fan of artificial sweeteners.
    Yes. The addition of casein makes for a more sustained effect on plasma amino acid levels: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3404559/
    And whey casein blend appears to promote greater increases in lean mass than whey alone: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16937979
    OLYMPUS LABS
    Use BECKI30 for 30% off your order at olympus-labs.com and olympusuk.com
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by bubbabignuts View Post
    Any reason to avoid the muscle builder version with GABA if one is taking an SSRI? I realize that's probably a question for my doc but just wondering thoughts on here...
    Given Gaba does not easily cross the blood brain barrier and the dosage is not large in that sense, there shouldn't be any issues consuming the product. You can always run it by your doc first if that will put your mind at ease.
    OLYMPUS LABS R&D
    Any OL questions? DM me on IG: Skinnybozz (Check more frequently than AM PMs)

  7. im gonna snag some i think for my bedtime shake. I figure with the flavors (and i hear you guys do flavors awesome, havent tried your products yet but plan to really soon) it will be like a before bed dessert compared to how i eat the rest of the day. * oooh blend it in cottage cheese with some berries for bed. oh yeah im excited *

  8. Quote Originally Posted by dollar662 View Post
    Sorry man if I overreacted , I guess i read tone into it that wasn’t there.
    All good man. Water under the bridge. Let me know if you need any info on anything else. And if you end up trying Superior Protein, your feedback would be greatly appreciated
    OLYMPUS LABS REP - DemiGod

    USE CODE OLYMPUS30 TO SAVE 30% ON ALL OL SUPPLEMENTS

  9. Quote Originally Posted by secondhandnam View Post
    im gonna snag some i think for my bedtime shake. I figure with the flavors (and i hear you guys do flavors awesome, havent tried your products yet but plan to really soon) it will be like a before bed dessert compared to how i eat the rest of the day. * oooh blend it in cottage cheese with some berries for bed. oh yeah im excited *
    Sounds like a plan brother
    OLYMPUS LABS REP - DemiGod

    USE CODE OLYMPUS30 TO SAVE 30% ON ALL OL SUPPLEMENTS

  10. Does anyone else care that OL put partially hydrogenated oil in a protein supplement? Isn’t the FDA advising food companies to phase out artificial trans fats? This concerns me as someone who is more health conscious.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by NoAddedHmones View Post
    Given Gaba does not easily cross the blood brain barrier and the dosage is not large in that sense, there shouldn't be any issues consuming the product. You can always run it by your doc first if that will put your mind at ease.
    Thanks for the input!

  12. Quote Originally Posted by IronFlex24 View Post
    Does anyone else care that OL put partially hydrogenated oil in a protein supplement? Isn’t the FDA advising food companies to phase out artificial trans fats? This concerns me as someone who is more health conscious.
    **** didnt see that.. this is why i always go for unflavored whey. all the extra **** usually sucks. The artificial sweetener and rice bums be out too. Honestly though, unless this is all you live on the amount in there is harmless im sure (not a scientist)

  13. Quote Originally Posted by IronFlex24 View Post
    Does anyone else care that OL put partially hydrogenated oil in a protein supplement? Isn’t the FDA advising food companies to phase out artificial trans fats? This concerns me as someone who is more health conscious.
    The partially hydrogenated vegetable oil immediately stuck out to me as being an odd choice as well. Also, the inclusion of sugar alongside two artificial sweetners...neither of which being Stevia. The “Other Ingredients” List in general is more extensive than I would have anticipated. In reality, I just had McDonald’s for lunch today so who am I to judge!

    After much debate (largely because I REALLY can’t afford this right now), I just ordered the 5 pack special!

  14. Quote Originally Posted by IronFlex24 View Post
    Does anyone else care that OL put partially hydrogenated oil in a protein supplement? Isn’t the FDA advising food companies to phase out artificial trans fats? This concerns me as someone who is more health conscious.
    I get the feeling that the hydrogenated veggie oil is for the little cereal-like pieces in the protein powder. There are some things that’re hard to replace and big food companies chose some of those in the first place for a reason other than cost.
    Tbh the doses in the protein is unlikely to make a serious difference.
    @Secondhandman
    I’m not a fan of most artificial sweeteners either and am a bit disappointed that they haven’t put out versions with Lo Han Huo or stevia. Lo Han Guo extract is a fair bit more expensive than sucralose tho and that was probably a factor. Some people dislike the taste of stevia sadly. Some others believe that sucralose has no side-effects ����*♂️

  15. Quote Originally Posted by secondhandnam View Post
    **** didnt see that.. this is why i always go for unflavored whey. all the extra **** usually sucks. The artificial sweetener and rice bums be out too. Honestly though, unless this is all you live on the amount in there is harmless im sure (not a scientist)
    Also seeking always unflavored if possible. Does OL have any plans bringing this as unflavoured version also?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    GABA + whey protein appears to elevate hypertrophy over whey protein alone. Study was done in resistance trained men too.
    See here: https://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/F...otein.166.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by NoAddedHmones View Post
    Given Gaba does not easily cross the blood brain barrier and the dosage is not large in that sense, there shouldn't be any issues consuming the product. You can always run it by your doc first if that will put your mind at ease.
    Exactly. Proven and substantial benefits on lean mass accrural and no effect on cognition. Perfect addition.
    Olympus Labs Forum Rep, R&D Team
    Olympus Labs. Innovation. Value. Results.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post
    The partially hydrogenated vegetable oil immediately stuck out to me as being an odd choice as well. Also, the inclusion of sugar alongside two artificial sweetners...neither of which being Stevia. The “Other Ingredients” List in general is more extensive than I would have anticipated. In reality, I just had McDonald’s for lunch today so who am I to judge!

    After much debate (largely because I REALLY can’t afford this right now), I just ordered the 5 pack special!
    Thanks for the support brother. I know you truly enjoyed this when you got to sample it. Hope you enjoy all the flavors and can’t wait to hear your thoughts
    OLYMPUS LABS REP - DemiGod

    USE CODE OLYMPUS30 TO SAVE 30% ON ALL OL SUPPLEMENTS

  18. Quote Originally Posted by macwad View Post
    When will it be released to international customers?
    Still waiting for an answer, even if it is the usual "We'll have great news for you soon"

  19. Quote Originally Posted by macwad View Post
    Still waiting for an answer, even if it is the usual "We'll have great news for you soon"
    Great news soon lol j/k

    It will ship out when the next batch comes at the end of next week so 1.5 weeks + 1 week shipping time
    Olympus Labs Rep - DemiGod
    For OL related questions e-mail me at [email protected]
    Use GNO30 for 30% off www.Olympus-labs.com

  20. Natural flavouring would’ve made this the ultimate protein. Was the OL target market 16-20 year old kids? Cereal flavours and ridiculous names? They should’ve treated this product seriously. I steer clear of artificial flavours and trans fats, but that’s just me.

  21. Just got the record - I am a big advocate of OL ... love KB, KS and am currently running Massacr3

    Not ****ting on the company just surprised with what they’ve included in SP and and flavouring choices

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Josh141090 View Post
    Just got the record - I am a big advocate of OL ... love KB, KS and am currently running Massacr3

    Not ****ting on the company just surprised with what they’ve included in SP and and flavouring choices
    We welcome feedback, both good and bad, from everyone. No worries brother
    OLYMPUS LABS REP - DemiGod

    USE CODE OLYMPUS30 TO SAVE 30% ON ALL OL SUPPLEMENTS

  23. Quote Originally Posted by TrainerTone View Post
    We welcome feedback, both good and bad, from everyone. No worries brother
    A clean flavoured edition of superior protein muscle building edition.. take my money now!!!

  24. Quote Originally Posted by TrainerTone View Post
    Thanks for the support brother. I know you truly enjoyed this when you got to sample it. Hope you enjoy all the flavors and can’t wait to hear your thoughts
    Yes, I anticipate being highly impressed with the remaining 4 other flavors and effortless mixability. I can’t wait to increase my protein consumption with this, as that is certainly something I need to improve upon.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Josh141090 View Post
    Natural flavouring would’ve made this the ultimate protein. Was the OL target market 16-20 year old kids? Cereal flavours and ridiculous names? They should’ve treated this product seriously. I steer clear of artificial flavours and trans fats, but that’s just me.
    Tbf some of us like cereal ��
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. A good recipe for a protein bar
    By cedrone50 in forum Recipes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 11:23 AM
  2. Lookin for new Protein. Help
    By MentalTwitch in forum Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 07:17 PM
  3. Best brand for night protein
    By MacWanted in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-16-2004, 12:54 PM
Log in
Log in