Is one supposed to detatch the TransFORM every time?

conkertheking

Awards
  • Established
I'm having a problem with my bottle of TransFORM which I've just started using. Been using it for about a week. Essentially, and today is the first day I've noticed this, it seems to take a lot more pressure than it previously did to push the pump all the way down, and when you do, the volume of TransFORM which comes out seems a lot less. I can only assume there's an obstruction somewhere which I'll have to try and clear.

I've seen one or two other threads about similar issues which makes me wonder is the pump designed to be left in the bottle, or to be replaced and the lid screwed back on between uses? I ask because I simply screwed on the pump and have left it attached to the bottle since Monday.

I have one more bottle and one more pump for it, so if I've bollocksed up this pump permanently I can dump it and use the second pump for this bottle and then subsequently for the next bottle, but there's no point in doing that if I'm just doing to somehow wreck it again ;)

Any idea why this would happen? There's no visible blockage to the pump so it's a bit odd.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I always just leave the pump in the bottles once I start using them. That doesn't mean that there isn't an obstruction or some damage to the pump. Maybe try the other pump you have, and if it works good then just finish the bottle with that one and transfer it to the second bottle.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
You can also get a plastic syringe and use that if the pump is not working... If had pumps fail on my many times

conkertheking

Awards
  • Established
You can also get a plastic syringe and use that if the pump is not working... If had pumps fail on my many times
Used one of those yesterday, it's actually a lot easier to measure and you can wash it out between uses :D Thanks for the tip, never would have thought of that!

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Used one of those yesterday, it's actually a lot easier to measure and you can wash it out between uses :D Thanks for the tip, never would have thought of that!
you got it!! That's how I normally do it the pumps bother me