Old school pulse

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Been reading about the old eastern block Olympic teams and how they used to pulse Tbol and/or Dbol.

Have any of you guys tried a pulse like that with success?

I tried to stay natty for a while but the urge for the next "kick" is always there, not sure I want to go all out again but something like this could be fun to try in the meantime. :)

jesus_sanchez

Awards
It makes sense, but I am always scared to run those compounds with out baseline Test.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Definitely don't pulse, either run a first real cycle or wait.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Definitely don't pulse, either run a first real cycle or wait.
Where did it say I haven't done a "real cycle"?

Why "definitely don't pulse"?! The said Olympic team obviously had a lot of success with it so why not?

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It makes sense, but I am always scared to run those compounds with out baseline Test.
That's what I was thinking also but then you wouldn't need to pulse and can just do a real cycle... would be fun to talk to someone that actually did it that way to see if it's worth it.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Where did it say I haven't done a "real cycle"?

Why "definitely don't pulse"?! The said Olympic team obviously had a lot of success with it so why not?
You said you've tried to stay natty for a while, makes it seem like you haven't. Either way pulsing is stupid. Just run an actual cycle. You either won't get the effects you want from pulsing or you'll still get shut down and might as well run a legitimate cycle.

There's a reason nobody does it anymore.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You said you've tried to stay natty for a while, makes it seem like you haven't. Either way pulsing is stupid. Just run an actual cycle. You either won't get the effects you want from pulsing or you'll still get shut down and might as well run a legitimate cycle.

There's a reason nobody does it anymore.
Have you done a pulse cycle like this?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So you just replied to this thread to say it's not good, even though you haven't done it?
Lol then do it, I don't care. It's not like it's the secret to bodybuilding and I'm trying to prevent you from doing it. I'm trying to get you to not waste your time with it.

jesus_sanchez

Awards
I think it's like warning someone to not put their hand in the fire even though they've never been massively burned. Educated/Deductive conclusion .

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm currently pulsing S-drol but with a solid test base. I'm 10 days in, too soon to give an opinion how it works for me gains wise. All methylated orals gave me bad sides in the past. So far, the sides are almost unnoticeable, that's the reason I'm pulsing.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think it's like warning someone to not put their hand in the fire even though they've never been massively burned. Educated/Deductive conclusion .
This.

I'm currently pulsing S-drol but with a solid test base. I'm 10 days in, too soon to give an opinion how it works for me gains wise. All methylated orals gave me bad sides in the past. So far, the sides are almost unnoticeable, that's the reason I'm pulsing.
If there was something you could possibly get away with successfully doing it with, I'd say Superdrol is one. But at the same time you'd still likely get suppressed which usually is the whole reason for pulsing something.

If pulsing was the best of both worlds, steroid like gains and no suppression, everyone would be doing it.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If there was something you could possibly get away with successfully doing it with, I'd say Superdrol is one. But at the same time you'd still likely get suppressed which usually is the whole reason for pulsing something.

If pulsing was the best of both worlds, steroid like gains and no suppression, everyone would be doing it.
Yep. Wouldn't consider it a viable method without a test base.
I'm blasting and cruising, getting off and endure PCT is for people who still want to make kids and have a full head of hair, LOL.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yep. Wouldn't consider it a viable method without a test base.
I'm blasting and cruising, getting off and endure PCT is for people who still want to make kids and have a full head of hair, LOL.
Making kids is the reason I got off test after a few years on, recovered well and feel good but the urge to the dark side is always there... Maybe this is not for me after all... ��

Switchfoot

Switchfoot

Awards
Yeah, but you won't get burned by a pulse cycle.

Switchfoot

Switchfoot

Awards
Making kids is the reason I got off test after a few years on, recovered well and feel good but the urge to the dark side is always there... Maybe this is not for me after all... ?
The temptation to use will always be there as long as your actively lifting. It will try to pull you in relentlessly. To releave that tension will you give in? Are you strong enough to resist? I'm not. I have lost the battle.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The temptation to use will always be there as long as your actively lifting. It will try to pull you in relentlessly. To releave that tension will you give in? Are you strong enough to resist? I'm not. I have lost the battle.
Lol, I know, I'm close to give in! ��

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
by "pulse cycle," are you talking about short cycles (2-3 weeks), or talking about dosing a couple times a week?

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
by "pulse cycle," are you talking about short cycles (2-3 weeks), or talking about dosing a couple times a week?
Both, 3x week before workout for 3-4 weeks, like the Olympic team used to do.

The question is what kind of results can somebody expect and how much shutdown?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Both, 3x week before workout for 3-4 weeks, like the Olympic team used to do.

The question is what kind of results can somebody expect and how much shutdown?
I know of several guys that used D-bol only pre-workout, and got decent strength gains from it.

they didn't really make much for LBM gains tho, since the drug wasn't in the body long enough to build up plasma levels...

for an advanced lifter who hasn't done any hormonal cycles before, i think they have their place.... but for most guys, I think they're a waste.

I also know several guys that run short cycles (2-3 weeks of test prop/other fast acting stuff), followed by 2-3 weeks on a SERM and another 1-2 weeks off, and made moderate strength and LBM gains.

^again, those guys are pretty advanced and looking for more modest gains than the average user...

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
So you just replied to this thread to say it's not good, even though you haven't done it?
no shutdown=no gains.
Iv tried **** like this before in the past and it's a waste of time.
If you run a test base and then use something like injectable dbol pwo only, that's understandable.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pulsing won't prevent shutdown but will help with toxicity. It's used with fungal medications due to the extreme liver toxicity they bring. I know it's been used Pre-WO for better pumps and it can help gains but takes much longer comparatively. It can be ran longer though typically.

Last edited:

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Pulsing won't prevent shutdown but will help with toxicity. It's used with fungal medications due to the extreme liver toxicity they bring. I know it's been used as a Pre-WO for better pumps and it can help gains but takes much longer comparatively. It can be ran longer though typically.
I understand that I'll be shutdown, I just want to make sure it's easy to recover, but it probably won't matter in the long run anyway... I'm looking to gain some strength and I'm thinking a shorter cycle 3-4 weeks followed with clomid for the same amount of time.

I felt good on clomid before and got a pretty big jump in my test level from it.

Dbol is probably what I will use if I ever do it, never tried it before though, a few years ago I tried to pulse Halotestine (on test) but felt like **** and aborted.

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have to chime in here. The first two times I ever used anything pulsing is how I did it, and *Loved It!
I ran 5mg dbol pre workout and 5mg about 1-2hr post workout 3x a week. This was first exposure to anabolics. Got great gains (12 lbs). A lot of it was water weight and kept about 8-9 of that 12lbs, but don't regret it at all and wouldn't go back and do it any different.
Next one included winny 1-2x out of the 3x a wk application of dbol. So mon- dbol+ winny, wed- dbol, fri-dbol+winny. Also had great gains and test levels didn't suffer much at all, I had bloods done. Went from 803 down to 560's for first run. Was 24? Test was back up at 790's in 90 days. Maybe I'm just lucky, idk, but it worked great for me. It also got me hooked and hopped on a test base w dbol daily cycle after those two and gained 22lbs and kept most all of it (3-4 lbs water weight). My 2c. Go ahead, flame away.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Look here's my take on it. A lot of **** was done way back then for various reasons, some were effective and some were not. Some (like Arnold popping handfuls of DBol everyday) had consequenses that at the time were realitivly unknown. A lot of stuff back then are in a way just like SARMs are today. A huge area of unknown. Yeah it worked but was it the most effective? No popping handfuls of DBol wasn't the greatest for you. And just like SARMs, a lot of this stuff was relatively unknown to pretty much everyone. People just knew it worked and they kinda had an idea how.

So my point here: Will you benifit from pulsing DBol? Probably, but is it really the most effective way to go about it since we have the knowlage that we do today? In my opinion no it's not... a longer cycle with longer breaks in between would probably yield better results. But as everyone here knows, it's A) user dependent B) determined by diet among other things and C) probably won't ever have factual scientific data because steroid testing for bodybuilding/strength purposes is kinda a big no no these days.

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fair enough. Sounds about right.
Nice summary c.c.