Bloodwork ?

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
I recently received somewhat anomalous blood results. I have been on my trt/cruise dose of Watson test cyp (pharma grade) at ~225/wk, this keeps me at 1400-1600 total T, last blast I did involved short ester trest, and I briefly dropped the test durning this period just to see how my body funcioned on trest alone, this was over two months ago. I also recently re incorporated HCG, 250iu 2x/wk to my cruise.

My bloods came back with test in the expected range 1480, what was surprising was my LH at 8.5, this was a day after my hcg shot, I have been on trt/cruise and blasting for a while and all of my prior readings had LH below the threshold of the readable range. I know that hcg mimics LH in leydig cells causing endogenous test synthesis in the testes, so if anything it should decrease actual serum LH levels, since it's taking the place of that signal, my question is... is there anyway that hcg can appear as LH in a blood test? I understand your body can't tell the difference but I assume a mass spectrometer can, otherwise I have no idea what could have caused these results. In any case, I am getting new bloods in a week, maybe it's just a lab error?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I recently received somewhat anomalous blood results. I have been on my trt/cruise dose of Watson test cyp (pharma grade) at ~225/wk, this keeps me at 1400-1600 total T, last blast I did involved short ester trest, and I briefly dropped the test durning this period just to see how my body funcioned on trest alone, this was over two months ago. I also recently re incorporated HCG, 250iu 2x/wk to my cruise.

My bloods came back with test in the expected range 1480, what was surprising was my LH at 8.5, this was a day after my hcg shot, I have been on trt/cruise and blasting for a while and all of my prior readings had LH below the threshold of the readable range. I know that hcg mimics LH in leydig cells causing endogenous test synthesis in the testes, so if anything it should decrease actual serum LH levels, since it's taking the place of that signal, my question is... is there anyway that hcg can appear as LH in a blood test? I understand your body can't tell the difference but I assume a mass spectrometer can, otherwise I have no idea what could have caused these results. In any case, I am getting new bloods in a week, maybe it's just a lab error?
dang, that is odd....

what did your blast consist of?

Tylerfife71

Tylerfife71

Banned
Awards
Yep