Test while cutting

VWMeatHead

VWMeatHead

Awards
So I've been cutting successfully for about 6 weeks now. Have a pro bodybuilder writing my nutrition plan...doing a fantastic job.

I'm on 500mg of test/week, 400mg of mast (just now kicking in). I tried winny for 1 week and it ****ed with my anxiety too much so I dropped it.

My question is...how much test is really necessary while cutting to maintain size? Could I drop to say...150-200mg/week of test and maintain the same size I would on 500mg?

I'm a less is better guy when at all possible...

Thoughts?

That_TRT_Guy

That_TRT_Guy

Awards
So I've been cutting successfully for about 6 weeks now. Have a pro bodybuilder writing my nutrition plan...doing a fantastic job.

I'm on 500mg of test/week, 400mg of mast (just now kicking in). I tried winny for 1 week and it ****ed with my anxiety too much so I dropped it.

My question is...how much test is really necessary while cutting to maintain size? Could I drop to say...150-200mg/week of test and maintain the same size I would on 500mg?

I'm a less is better guy when at all possible...

Thoughts?

i say you could get away with less lol, do you realize you are running nearly a gram of gear?

VWMeatHead

VWMeatHead

Awards
i say you could get away with less lol, do you realize you are running nearly a gram of gear?
Yes lol...I didn't think 500mg of test and 400mg of mast was a shocking amount for bodybuilding purposes...

That_TRT_Guy

That_TRT_Guy

Awards
Yes lol...I didn't think 500mg of test and 400mg of mast was a shocking amount for bodybuilding purposes...
its not: i appreciate you wanting to guarentee you dont lose your gains, but when we have countless logs of people cutting hard on TRT/Cruise doses of 100-300mg a week , heck even solo ostarine logs, and maintaining strength & mass its kinda funny to see a 'is 1g gear enough to cut on ' thread...you might even gain if your lifestyle is on point.

if you post current stats, weight training split, cycle histotry rate at which your plan on cutting ...etc you will most likely get some additional responses :veryhappy:

VWMeatHead

VWMeatHead

Awards
its not: i appreciate you wanting to guarentee you dont lose your gains, but when we have countless logs of people cutting hard on TRT/Cruise doses of 100-300mg a week , heck even solo ostarine logs, and maintaining strength & mass its kinda funny to see a 'is 1g gear enough to cut on ' thread...you might even gain if your lifestyle is on point.

if you post current stats, weight training split, cycle histotry rate at which your plan on cutting ...etc you will most likely get some additional responses :veryhappy:
27 years old
213 lbs
BF...not sure?

Have ran several mild to moderate cycles...mostly just test with some deca and/or EQ thrown in. Tried a variety of orals.

Training split:

Chest/tris
Shoulders/bis
Legs
Back
Shoulders
Bis/tris

Current macros:
230 g protein
215 g carbs
60 g fat

I have been cutting for about 6 weeks now...started at around 225. I plan on continuing to cut until I am satisfied with aesthetics...full six pack and well defined muscles.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think you could run 200 T and 400 Masteron with the same results. The drop in Cals makes you more sensitive to hormones in general, including your cycle. Diet tends to have a bigger affect on muscle loss. The part high test helps with is maintaining strength levels but I tend to drive reps higher as recovery is impaired from lower cals. You have to go catabolic to lose fat or muscle.

VWMeatHead

VWMeatHead

Awards
I think you could run 200 T and 400 Masteron with the same results. The drop in Cals makes you more sensitive to hormones in general, including your cycle. Diet tends to have a bigger affect on muscle loss.
Thanks man.

I'll give that a shot.

Like I said, I'm not a balls to the wall, take unnecessary amounts guy. Lowest effective dose is much more appealing to me.

That_TRT_Guy

That_TRT_Guy

Awards
Thanks man.

I'll give that a shot.

Like I said, I'm not a balls to the wall, take unnecessary amounts guy. Lowest effective dose is much more appealing to me.
Good idea bad rad, w/ all the saved test youll be half way to next cycles test base dose

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just for reference I can cut or bulk on 300mg T weekly. It's always about diet.

That_TRT_Guy

That_TRT_Guy

Awards
Just for reference I can cut or bulk on 300mg T weekly. It's always about diet.
190mg pharma* lifestyle (diet+recovery+training) > gear

VWMeatHead

VWMeatHead

Awards
Good idea bad rad, w/ all the saved test youll be half way to next cycles test base dose
Exactly lol!

Here's a question you guys might be able to answer -

This is my first time running masteron. The last week I've felt depressed/anxious...anyone have a similar experience with mast?

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Exactly lol!

Here's a question you guys might be able to answer -

This is my first time running masteron. The last week I've felt depressed/anxious...anyone have a similar experience with mast?
No, opposite.

Mast = feelings of greatness and confidence. Only anxious about getting caught eye-creeping on every piece of ass in the gym.

That_TRT_Guy

That_TRT_Guy

Awards
No, opposite.

Mast = feelings of greatness and confidence. Only anxious about getting caught eye-creeping on every piece of ass in the gym.
agreed, i only seen a few ,select, reports of anxiety with mast...it should do that

some people get slight nausea whenever they add a new compound, i dont know why, but i know that can make people feel off temporarily

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
One thing that I don't think has been mentioned is that mast will lower your SHBG which will free up your test. You'll get more bang for your buck from your test dose.

That_TRT_Guy

That_TRT_Guy

Awards
One thing that I don't think has been mentioned is that mast will lower your SHBG which will free up your test. You'll get more bang for your buck from your test dose.
true story ostarine also lower SHBG, clinical studies showed that after 86 days an average 25point drop in serum SHBG was ovbserved on just 3mg ostarine/mk-2866/GTx-024

VWMeatHead

VWMeatHead

Awards
true story ostarine also lower SHBG, clinical studies showed that after 86 days an average 25point drop in serum SHBG was ovbserved on just 3mg ostarine/mk-2866/GTx-024
That's pretty interesting! I've tried a few SARMs and haven't noticed any tangible results.

I do like the MK though.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With a low masteron dose of 400, I wouldn't really drop your test much if you are in a decent caloric deficit.

VWMeatHead

VWMeatHead

Awards
With a low masteron dose of 400, I wouldn't really drop your test much if you are in a decent caloric deficit.
Ok, so you are countering what the others are saying then? You think that 200mg test is NOT enough to maintain muscle mass while in a caloric deficit?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Personally I think 300mg is about right for a minimal dose if using test alone. I'm not sure how 200mg alongside 400mg mast would compare, but could be fine imo.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
you could lower test to 200mg and add low dose tren. I believe tren is the best AAS for preserving muscles. There is a reason why its given to heifers before slaughtering.... Test, Mast and Tren is a common cutting combo.

....just food for thought.

VWMeatHead

VWMeatHead

Awards
you could lower test to 200mg and add low dose tren. I believe tren is the best AAS for preserving muscles. There is a reason why its given to heifers before slaughtering.... Test, Mast and Tren is a common cutting combo.

....just food for thought.
Yea I completely agree...the problem is tren sends my anxiety into overdrive. I just can't do it lol. Which sucks, because I know how effective it is.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How effective is Trest (IM/ace) for cutting when keeping estrogen low? I've thought about using it for a cut alongside epistane. Does it work similarly to Tren in this respect? Tren promotes lipolysis when keeping estrogen low.

That_TRT_Guy

That_TRT_Guy

Awards
How effective is Trest (IM/ace) for cutting when keeping estrogen low? I've thought about using it for a cut alongside epistane. Does it work similarly to Tren in this respect? Tren promotes lipolysis when keeping estrogen low.
trestolone is more lypolitic than Test but not as much as tren,

iv seen some logs of people runnig very high doeses of trest ace with crazy at loss/recomp, but the side are nuts.

VWMeatHead

VWMeatHead

Awards

iv seen some logs of people runnig very high doeses of trest ace with crazy at loss/recomp, but the side are nuts.
Yea I can't imagine running really high doses of trest...at 75mg/ed TD I need to run 1mg of adex/day just to keep the bp down.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're worried 200mg Test isn't enough then try 300mg of Test/Masteron each. It's probably a bit cheaper as well. I can't run more than 300mg Masteron weekly due to the aggression I get on it. Tren makes me confident and Masteron turns me into a berserker with a hard on.

VWMeatHead

VWMeatHead

Awards
If you're worried 200mg Test isn't enough then try 300mg of Test/Masteron each. It's probably a bit cheaper as well. I can't run more than 300mg Masteron weekly due to the aggression I get on it. Tren makes me confident and Masteron turns me into a berserker with a hard on.
Yes lol! Mast was giving me some serious aggression at 400mg

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quote of the week. And completely accurate LOL

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Thanks. I've ran it up to 500mg/week but wasn't cutting. Had to dose 12.5mg exemestane daily, plus prami. Next time will be using exemestane, prami, and nolva.

SonnyAz

SonnyAz

Awards
Ok, so you are countering what the others are saying then? You think that 200mg test is NOT enough to maintain muscle mass while in a caloric deficit?
I've used 200mg test cyp to maintain, I have a couple buddies who are npc national Champs that also swear by 200mg to maintain and keep you in an anabolic state year round. Then again it's all about how your body reacts to the compound. 200 may make you hold water, you may need a little less.
300mg for me would be like a soft cycle. I'd have a total t of around 1500-1600 and free would be near 50, but that's me and that's from prescription test c.

VWMeatHead

VWMeatHead

Awards
I've used 200mg test cyp to maintain, I have a couple buddies who are npc national Champs that also swear by 200mg to maintain and keep you in an anabolic state year round. Then again it's all about how your body reacts to the compound. 200 may make you hold water, you may need a little less.
300mg for me would be like a soft cycle. I'd have a total t of around 1500-1600 and free would be near 50, but that's me and that's from prescription test c.
Thanks for the input man, appreciate it.

I lowered my test to 250mg and mast to 200mg.

Really thinking about trying just 25mg/day of tren ace to see if I can tolerate the low dose.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For what it's worth, ~150mg Tren is the lowest I saw effects from. At 100mg weekly I felt it and had mild sides from it but didn't notice any benefits.

VWMeatHead

VWMeatHead

Awards
For what it's worth, ~150mg Tren is the lowest I saw effects from. At 100mg weekly I felt it and had mild sides from it but didn't notice any benefits.
Thanks man.

So 25mg/day should be right around that super low but still reasonably efficient limit.