Lost 30 Pounds in 3 Weeks - Liver Infection/Prostate Infection *HELP!*

ShockTroop

ShockTroop

Banned
Awards
Let me give you a little background because I haven't posted in a very long time.

Last month, I weighed 235. I was getting ready for a Classic Physique show running Test/Tren/Mast, Var, and Winstrol.

I woke up one morning, insanely sick, piling bike and couldn't make it to work. Spent the day at urgent care, got nowhere.
Eventually my liver enzyme panel showed a count of over 150.
Long story short, my prostate was also infected and I spend 3 weeks vomiting everything I ate, laying in bed and..
HAD TO ABRUPTLY DISCONTINUE ALL GEAR.

I now weigh 201, disastrously Skinny, and went from easily doing 20+ pull-ups, to my back saying **** YOU to 2, even though I lost so much mass.
I went from Pressing 120s, to 50s.

I'm decently schooled on Anabolics, and I'm not on A mild dose of Test and Primo to try and gain some weight back and lock in another show.
BUT,

I feel like this drop in strength and mass is uncomon. I've ate CiCis at least once a day for a week and pounded enough fluid to kill someone for about 7 days now. No progress.

Any vets with some feedback?! Any would be great.

Shock

Alan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, sorry to hear about your situation. Have you had any follow-up with a doctor after you initially went to Urgent Care? When you were told your liver and prostate were infected were you offered any potential cause/reasons?

Considering just how sick you were (and sounds like it came on rather suddenly?) and the drastic weight/strength loss, I'd put the AAS and thoughts of a show on the backburner for now. I'd have to think that most doctors, after hearing what's transpired with you over the past month, would raise an eyebrow and want to do a thorough checkup/further blood tests, etc. to figure out what's going on.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Muscle memory is very potent. You will gain your size and strength back over the course of a few months. Any reason for the infections?

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
What infection did you have? Also, what ABs did you use, and are you still on them?

ShockTroop

ShockTroop

Banned
Awards
Sorry for the delay. I've finally gained about 6 pounds back. Still off all AAS, but now On HCG finally which may have helped with the 6 pounds.

Still much much weaker, but my body is starting to work again. My doctor said something to the extent of my organs shutting down had my body fighting any activity I threw at it, and eventually I should get back to where I was, it's just a lot more serious than a bone injury or the flu.

As far as type on infection, I know it was bacterial, and it effected my Kidneys and Prostate while my liver was so full of toxin from my AAS use so my body was in turmoil.

I got stuck with 2 shots of Rocephin over 2 weeks when my liver wasn't game to break down orals, then jumped on some Amox pill and another one called Cipro for ABs. Those also made me insanely sick.

Placebo1985

Awards
Damn. Sorry to hear this..
I would get some Tudca and nac and those 2 together should help your liver function dramatically

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
Troop, many ABs work by inhibition of protein synthesis but it's usually pretty specific (30S or 50S) and doesn't interfere with gains. The ones you were given don't really carry that potential though. The ceph was a good call by your doc though IMO, it usually works the fastest with this kinda stuff and it's usually pretty clean too. And it's probably a good sign that you were recovering well for him to follow up with cip. I think maybe you had just become very toxic from the infection and your organs were struggling to coordinate, but good to hear you're anabolic again! 6lb is still a gain. :)

Just like placebo suggested above, probably can't go wrong with NAC. And Vitamin C too. I'd take as much C as tolerable if it were me! Good for rebuilding livers and synergistic with NAC. The TUDCA is specifically more useful for obstructive conditions, where detergent action is useful, but it probably wouldn't hurt either.