What the F was that?

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
So I was pinning my right shoulder, needle went in fine no dramas there but as soon as I began to push the oil in I had and incredible sharp pain, brought a tear to the eye and I had to pull out and stick it in the thigh. Was not much fun.
My question is has this happened to anyone else and what the fück is it?

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have hit a spot that was painful in the shoulder. But I just moved the needle over a bit and I was fine. Doesn't sound exactly the same. I don't know bro.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I have hit a spot that was painful in the shoulder. But I just moved the needle over a bit and I was fine. Doesn't sound exactly the same. I don't know bro.
It probably didn't help that I pushed in a ml before the pain got too bad lol, probably should've pulled it out as soon as I felt pain.
That's what I was thinking Dunn. It really wasn't much fun. My shoulders been all swollen since. Might have to give it a couple weeks before I try the shoulder again.

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes brother. Rotate.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Yes brother. Rotate.
Always do usually bro! Although the delts are my go when I'm in a hurry and since I'm cycling without wifey knowing seems like I'm always in a hurry hahaha

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Yep this. If you get the needle inbetween two delt heads (there's actually 7 muscle strands that make up the delts) then you are likely to hit a nerve.

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DangerDave is the man, in case yall didn't know. :)

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Yep this. If you get the needle inbetween two delt heads (there's actually 7 muscle strands that make up the delts) then you are likely to hit a nerve.
Thanks for clarifying that DD! It's not an experience I'd recommend to anyone lol. Good to know that's what it was though!

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Thanks for clarifying that DD! It's not an experience I'd recommend to anyone lol. Good to know that's what it was though!
No worries bro. It happens to me now and then. I have a little scar tissue and if I hit it and inject by it then it pushes against a nerve I think because it will hurt and my fingers go numb for a few seconds haha. I had to break up the tissue and have no issues now

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
No worries bro. It happens to me now and then. I have a little scar tissue and if I hit it and inject by it then it pushes against a nerve I think because it will hurt and my fingers go numb for a few seconds haha. I had to break up the tissue and have no issues now
How did you break up the tissue? I'm starting to get some scar tissue in my shoulders....

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
How did you break up the tissue? I'm starting to get some scar tissue in my shoulders....
With a high tolerance for pain haha. No I take a lacrosse ball and sit on it for my ass cheeks, roll around till I find the scar tissue and roll back and forth until it starts to get smaller. For shoulders same thing on the ground or against a wall.