first cycle advice coming off surgery into football season

tcdawg32

Awards
I need advice regarding my first cycle that I am contemplating. I am 6'2 215 22 years old, I am a few months out of UCL reconstruction surgery in my elbow but I am not a throwing athlete. I am not planning on running anything until I am cleared to fully return to lifting but by that time I will be about two months out from the beginning of my senior football season and will be far behind in my preparation. My goals for the cycle are to gain some mass while making up for the strength that I have lost and overall to be better physically prepared going into the season. I have done some research and am thinking about running Anavar around 50mg with a maintenance level of test E around 200-300mg. My reasoning for this is that anavar will help me get my strength back and from what I have read will cause the least risk to my tendons which is a big consideration for me coming off surgery. The reasoning behind the relatively low test is the same, I have read that too much test will hurt the strength of my tendons and connective tissue, however I do not want to run an anavar cycle without added test. Naturally I will be doing a full PCT but would appreciate input on what I should use and for how long since this will be my first cycle.

What are your thoughts on this cycle for my situation? I am open to any recommendations and am also looking for help on how to run the cycle, I am hoping to run it for 10 weeks.

Thank you

ladykilla907

Awards
Your first cycle you will have the best gains, so I would run at least 500 test.

tcdawg32

Awards
Your first cycle you will have the best gains, so I would run at least 500 test.
Thanks but coming off surgery I'm not willing to take the higher risk of re-injuring myself in exchange for better gains. Unless I am wrong and higher doses of test do not contribute to weakening tendons, in which case I would see how a higher does of test would be preferable, but from what I've read it would increase the risk of injury to a point that I consider not worth it.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've used Anavar for tendon repair at 20mg daily and had good results when used with my HRT. This is basically what you're doing BUT I would recommend IGF-1 in your case as I always have better results with it and no risk of shutdown and less likely to pop on a test. Heal before trying to increase performance or you will reinjure yourself. As a former strength athlete I've been there and had tendons completely replaced.

Last edited:
YouBet33

YouBet33

Awards
Coming from a guy who has played college football, and had three shoulder surgeries I recommend to take the process slow, build up all the correct muscles to strengthen the area, every time I jumped on something hormonal I ended up getting hurt again, too much too soon. It seemed like I never gave my body the chance to heal and adapt to my injuries. I know senior year is important! Trust me, I refused to sit out after fully tearing my right labrum but it's not worth it to have the same injury over and over again, just my two cents

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
Hmm you do seem a little down on info but the net is full of BS. Anyway, your goals for that cycle sucks :) you'd really do well on the oldest recommended cycle out there, that still gets results every time. 500mg of test per week for 10 weeks with pct. Simple.